Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Releases 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

When you strip away Bullet Club (pairing with Styles or Balor) from Gallows and Anderson they are just okay tag team.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

When you strip away Bullet Club (pairing with Styles or Balor) from Gallows and Anderson they are just okay tag team.

I just dont see the hot commodity feel they seem to garner. Of all the WWE releases, Id have them on the end of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

They are solid workers. Of course they'd have to be to hang in NJPW. But yeah they didn't exactly set WWE alight.

I can understand why WWE signed them as they had some steam with the whole bullet club. Aj went to WWE and am sure he pitched ideas to bring them in etc. Basically to "try and recreate" the bullet club. I assume they were merchandise machines in NJPW with bullet club t-shirts too.

Maybe that's it? Solid workers and they shift a fair bit of merch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I find the G&A entertaining outside the ring there good fun

In ring there ok nothing special

but i think there best place is as entertaining muscle backing up AJ or someone like that

They are solid workers. Of course they'd have to be to hang in NJPW. But yeah they didn't exactly set WWE alight.

I can understand why WWE signed them as they had some steam with the whole bullet club. Aj went to WWE and am sure he pitched ideas to bring them in etc. Basically to "try and recreate" the bullet club. I assume they were merchandise machines in NJPW with bullet club t-shirts too.

Maybe that's it? Solid workers and they shift a fair bit of merch.

Saying they were merch machines is like saying Xpac was a merch machine in DX, people didnt buy merch because of those two. Devitt, Styles, Bucks..... yeah. Gallows....not a hope.

Ill give you Anderson is a solid worker but the former festus is just a sack of poop to watch.

Again sound guys and they deserve props for making more money than they deserve. Dont see the appeal in them and they won't make me tine in to TNA or AEW, where ever they end up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I like gallows and anderson but midcard tag team is about their level for me. Good luck to them

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gallows has been working out he looks jacked as fcuk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCUfVEuHw6n/

That WWE revenge bod.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh and the Impact Wrestling shirt. Too obvious?

Health looked jacked up on Raw, Gallows now looking jacked.... its like they are saying 'look at me now' at their old lover Vince.

Knowing Vince he will rehire them.

• Advertisement

Another tease on Impact this week with mention and costume of
    Super Eric

Lance won't be unemployed for long. Hes one of the good guys in wrestling and very underrated as a performer. Hes a top coach and all his trainees speak highly of him. Won't be surprised if AEW sign him up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

story from Mike Johnson

PWInsider.com is told by several sources that the departure of WWE Hall of Famer Gerald Brisco is part of another round of financial cutbacks for the company. We are currently working to confirm how widespread the cutbacks will be and whether any talents will be released. It may be a case of the company opting now to bring back those furloughed, but we have yet to confirm that.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    story from Mike Johnson

PWInsider.com is told by several sources that the departure of WWE Hall of Famer Gerald Brisco is part of another round of financial cutbacks for the company. We are currently working to confirm how widespread the cutbacks will be and whether any talents will be released. It may be a case of the company opting now to bring back those furloughed, but we have yet to confirm that.

Id say he was at the end of his tenure any way, Covid or not

IRS gone and NXT Trainer Sarah Stock both were furloughed in April and officially released today.

PWInsider reporting at up to 60 behind the scenes staff have been released.

Most of them had been furloughed in April and have now been fully released.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can't see them getting back on the road for a few more months tbh, and I'm sure there's going to be discussions then about if there's actually more money to be made with a base of operations, which would need less people as a result.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1308566583036596224

Heath pulling out all the stops to get a job

CastorTroy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1308566583036596224

Heath pulling out all the stops to get a job

Heath is so enteratining, he is so underrated.

Yeah hes never gonna main event, but like Santino, The Hurricane and Al Snow before him, he can be a great comedy star.

I havent watched Impact in donkeys, but I kinda wanna see what happens with Slater.

I woonder did he pay for those Cameo videos himself. What a committed guy.

• Advertisement

Paid for? How dare you suggest their messages weren't their own and they weren't appearing for something they believe in?

:pac:

Tony Chimel along with a load more long standing behind the scenes staff sacked over the weekend all were furloughed by the company last April.

Chimel has been around the WWE since 1983 and joined officially with Joey Marella in 1989.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Just seen on Twitter... something happened there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Twitch fallout I'm guessing. Be interesting to see if there's any ramifications after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wasant expecting Zelina to be released, one of the all time greats in the looks departments

Maybe her and Alistair are starting a family ??

Will the hubby walk I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Quick recap. Fires the female backer of the unionisation advocates in the company. Employs alleged peados. That's WWE.

Quick recap. Fires the female backer of the unionisation advocates in the company. Employs alleged peados. That's WWE.

Its unclear if she was fired. She eas released. It may be the case she asked for her release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its unclear if she was fired. She eas released. It may be the case she asked for her release.

Maybe. Her Twitch stuff is big apparently. Still 2nd point stands

Advertisement