Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I'm scheduled for the vaccine next week. Has anyone here had it yet?

My mother got it on Tuesday, she lives about 10 minutes walk from the vaccine center in Killarney, but had to go to Cork for it (She has a long term illness and got the vaccine as part of the allocation of the hospital where she is treated).

She was wrecked on Wednesday and Thursday but is grand again today (This is often a side effect of her illness too, so may not even be vaccine related)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    I was just down in the village and someone commented to my wife "you've got something on your face", followed by "You can't catch it outside you know". I wont be surprised to see numbers rocket now, with the better weather, Easter. and all the local expert virologists.

Silly idiots will say idiotic things. I hope your wife didn't take it to heart. Fools are not worth an iota of worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

oeb wrote: »
    Going to work in an essential industry, or other essential reasons for traveling (Such as food shopping) are exempt from the distance based travel exceptions. The rule is (Outside of essential reasons) to stay at home, except to exercise within 5km of your home. The segment of people not complying with the rules does not include people who work in essential services.

I'm not saying that the place is full of dubs, I would not know, the few places I have been going outside of the house, like Tesco, are hardly tourist hotspots. Just pointing out that the 20% of dubs who are not complying with the guidelines is a significant number of people.

Also, we have been in level 5 lockdown for all of 2021 so far, and buying a car is not a valid reason for essential travel, so I'm not sure how many locals are driving around in 211 D reg cars.

Mustn't be many checkpoints about the place so. Have they eased off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Nine cases today - hopefully just a temporary blip, but much will depend on how quiet places will be over Easter:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1378009724168310789

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

The_Kitty wrote: »
    I saw a 211 kildare reg recently but it was a work vehicle of a local person. I drive about an hour to and from work and have seen english regs and ones from all over the country but i assume they could still be living or working in Kerry. 20% of Dubs is a lot of people but I think its widely known that people are going outside their 5km but I'd hope there isnt much staycations going on, sure everything is closed anyway.

Dooks Beach pretty busy today........Not too many locals to be seen :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Why do people assume that if you're driving a car with a county reg other than the county you're in, you must not be living there? People often buy cars, particularly second hand with other county regs. In over 20 years of driving, I don't think I've ever owned a car with the reg of the county I live in.

Similarly, judging people by their non local accents or nationalities...they might actually live in the same county as you having moved there not too long ago, they're not automatically going to sound like Michael Healy Rae after a week of moving to Kerry. A lot of unwarranted dirty looks and judgement going around!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Nine cases today - hopefully just a temporary blip, but much will depend on how quiet places will be over Easter:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1378009724168310789

I'd be very surprised if it didn't rise after Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

ongarboy wrote: »
    Why do people assume that if you're driving a car with a county reg other than the county you're in, you must not be living there? People often buy cars, particularly second hand with other county regs. In over 20 years of driving, I don't think I've ever owned a car with the reg of the county I live in.

Similarly, judging people by their non local accents or nationalities...they might actually live in the same county as you having moved there not too long ago, they're not automatically going to sound like Michael Healy Rae after a week of moving to Kerry. A lot of unwarranted dirty looks and judgement going around!

I did say not too many locals to be SEEN plenty of activity in the surrounding Holiday Homes

No county breakdown today, so probably won't resume until Tuesday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No county by county figures for the last 3 days. No idea what Kerry stands at currently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    No county by county figures for the last 3 days. No idea what Kerry stands at currently!

The covid app shows 4,9,5,1, although the date is out of step, it would be
    4 on the 2nd
    9 on the 3rd
    5 on the 4th
    And 1 today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The covid app shows 4,9,5,1, although the date is out of step, it would be
    4 on the 2nd
    9 on the 3rd
    5 on the 4th
    And 1 today

I didn't even think to look on the app! I forgot I even had it on my phone! :rolleyes:

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I didn't even think to look on the app! I forgot I even had it on my phone! :rolleyes:

Its very easy to forget it.
    Not a lot of people seem to be using it according to the app figures.
    Only just over 100k so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭barryribs

Poor turn out for the 'freedom rally' or whatever they are calling it at the weekend. Hard lines when not even John Bowler made the trip

5 cases today - the fortnightly rate increases slightly to 31:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1379470453509664771

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

We've had 3-5 days of delayed swabs, and people not going to appointed tests, so expect to see the numbers rise a bit over the next few days to allow for that.
    Towards start of next week we shall see if numbers remain high due to people relaxing their stance on the rules... hopefully not.... but I'm not so sure

Full county breakdowns for the Easter period:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1379794595299663877

We've had 3-5 days of delayed swabs, and people not going to appointed tests, so expect to see the numbers rise a bit over the next few days to allow for that.
    Towards start of next week we shall see if numbers remain high due to people relaxing their stance on the rules... hopefully not.... but I'm not so sure

Already falling, as it turns out:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1379840689068998657

400 cases & 7 deaths reported today....
    After a 4 day weekend, cases will rise on Saturday if people have relaxed their precautions

LEA Rates:

Listowel: <5 cases (<5 per 100,000)
    Tralee: 32 (96.9)
    Corca Dhuibhne: <5 (<5)
    Castleisland: <5 (<5)
    Killarney: 8 (27)
    Kenmare: <5 (<5)

• Advertisement

Fewer than five cases today, for a rate of 29.1:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1380206170477060102

Must be 4 cases today, the 14-day rate is slightly higher even though the case number isn't mentioned:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1380565949623963657

455 cases today & 14 deaths announced

Disappointing figures once again.
    We really aren't going anywhere :(

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Disappointing figures once again.
    We really aren't going anywhere :(

We had a 4 day weekend last week, so we should see a small increase into next week, as long as the numbers don't hit high 600's to low 700's we should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭wonga77

Of the deaths reported today: 3 occurred in April, 1 in March, 6 in February, and 4 in January. They ranged in age from 55 to 90.

Of the cases reported today, half are under 30 and 77% are under 45.

I know the deaths are unfortunate but they have been low lately, most days the deaths reported are from weeks or months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

We had a 4 day weekend last week, so we should see a small increase into next week, as long as the numbers don't hit high 600's to low 700's we should be ok

The positivity rate is only 2.7%. Dont forget the mobile, pop-up testing centres doing walk ins. More people are being tested, a lower proportion of ttests are positive.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The positivity rate is only 2.7%. Dont forget the mobile, pop-up testing centres doing walk ins. More people are being tested, a lower proportion of ttests are positive.

The pop up centre in Finglas had a positivity rate of double that....
    I think we'll definitely see a rise next week, increased interaction & movement this week alone... popped up on my Facebook feed today of a 5yos b'day party.... about 30 people there I think...the sooner I get vaccinated the better :D

303 cases & 2 deaths reported today

• Advertisement

394 cases & thankfully, 0 deaths today.

Advertisement