Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

selous wrote: »
    08 Honda civic indicator bulb,
    wheel off,
    wheel arch liner off
    now change the bulb, from in under the car ....wtf.

Jaysus, if I had to do that I think I'd rather revert to hand signals :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at people who take selfies mirrored, especially people who show off something they bought.

"Has anyone tried this before?"

I haven't, no. In fact I've never seen a bottle of EKOC NOMEL before. I also want to know where you bought that EKIN hoodie. It looks comfortable. And that's a cool poster you have on your wall. But I haven't heard of SENORHT FO EMAG before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

RTÉ not bothering to un-Americanise articles.

R-rated, really??

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0320/1205138-fans-speculate-on-r-rated-edit-of-mrs-doubtfire/

Worse still, a recent viral video made it into the news section of their site, even though they have an entertainment section ffs.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2021/0309/1202959-new-york-city-apartment/

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My OH is a hairdresser, I've friends constantly texting me looking for a haircut. I've basically become a receptionist, I keep telling them ask her

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm reverse searing a rib roast for dinner later and I already know my mother is going to react like I'm about to poison the entire house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Lacquer peel on the roof of my car. Can’t get it fixed till after lockdown and looking at it every day annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Lacquer peel on the roof of my car. Can’t get it fixed till after lockdown and looking at it every day annoys me

Red car?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA at the glitch.

blade1 wrote: »
    Red car?

Yep :(

Bodyshops and garages are open

• Advertisement

Yep :(

The oul red is a b*stard for it alright.
    Something to do with the pigment I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

maudgonner wrote: »
    Needing to be a contortionist to replace a headlight bulb in a car. .

I read that too quickly as cartoonist :D. Was wondering how that would help in changing a bulb .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Apparently "funny" memes or clips you get sent telling you how you'll feel about it or how great it is. I got sent a 2 minute video of a dog at a wedding with the title - Hilarous!! ðŸ˜႒🀣 Watch till the end.. you'll cry laughing. Needless to say i didn't.
    Drunk uncle at a funeral - I dare you not to laugh..hysterical 😅😅😅

How about - send me one more lame ass, over used, unfunny clip again and ill break your face.. tooooo funny!! 🙄😑😀

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Bodyshops and garages are open

None within my 5km unfortunately :(
    blade1 wrote: »
    The oul red is a b*stard for it alright.
    Something to do with the pigment I think.

Already had the bonnet and front bumper resprayed, thinking I’ll wrap the roof and then get the whole car coated to stop it happening again, makes the car look awful :(

None within my 5km unfortunately :(

Travelling to work done on a car is allowed

Travelling to work done on a car is allowed

Would've thought that was only for essential mechanical stuff, I may have to chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Does anyone else just miss their old life. I mean I'm supportive of lockdown and have been compliant etc and I recognise the benefits, working from home etc. But sometimes I just think about the old life. There's an old bottle of suncream in the bathroom that I should throw out at this stage, but every so often I close my eyes and smell it, just to feel like I'm on a beach somewhere in 2018. :(

Antares35 wrote: »
    Does anyone else just miss their old life. I mean I'm supportive of lockdown and have been compliant etc and I recognise the benefits, working from home etc. But sometimes I just think about the old life. There's an old bottle of suncream in the bathroom that I should throw out at this stage, but every so often I close my eyes and smell it, just to feel like I'm on a beach somewhere in 2018. :(

At this stage I'm surprised more people aren't ignoring restrictions

Antares35 wrote: »
    At this stage I'm surprised more people aren't ignoring restrictions

I'm sticking to them as much as possible.
    A few times I've broken them without realising it.
    For instance a neighbour that's in his 70's that goes for a cycle everyday, the chain broke on his bike.
    He asked me over the fench would I have anything that might fix.
    I went in and fixed it for him and he helped me hold it in place and just as I was finishing I remembered the restrictions.
    One reason I'm trying my best is my mother is in a home so the less cases means the better chance of having proper visits.

Last proper contact I had with her was a half an hour on Christmas day.
    Window visits only but proper visits are starting again tomorrow on a trial basis.

She was shifted to hospital 2 weeks ago because she was vomiting up blood.
    She had to isolate when she came back for 12 days which means she was in a room on her own.
    She kept trying to get up and walk so is after falling several times since.
    Nightmare!

I'll get over whatever restrictions are on me as I'm flat out at work but my heart is broken for her.

Sorry for the long winded post! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

oneweb wrote: »
    RTÉ not bothering to un-Americanise articles.

R-rated, really??

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0320/1205138-fans-speculate-on-r-rated-edit-of-mrs-doubtfire/

Worse still, a recent viral video made it into the news section of their site, even though they have an entertainment section ffs.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2021/0309/1202959-new-york-city-apartment/

It is a slow news year. Worst RTE story I saw from RTE. Was an interview a fella down in Kerry. About some fella who was feeding his goats and videoing it online.

It was done by Pascal Sheehy complete with that real overly dramatic serious voice he does, no matter what the topic.

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2021/0217/1197771-goats-kerry/

It is also in the 'News' section.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

TA that I’m running out of things to answer when my boyfriend asks me “how’s your day/afternoon/evening/night?” every single day is the exact same, I have nothing interesting to answer

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When it’s a gloriously sunny day, and you want to sit out in your back garden, and just enjoy the peace and quiet, feeling the sun on your face...... bliss.....

And then a neighbour starts drilling holes with hammer action drill, or starts randomly grinding some thawing an angle grinder....

TA’d that one of our lectures added an extra seminar for tomorrow so instead of having a half hour break for my full day I now have class from 12 straight through till 5 :( good thing I don’t like eating or anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

When it’s a gloriously sunny day, and you want to sit out in your back garden, and just enjoy the peace and quiet, feeling the sun on your face...... bliss.....

And then a neighbour starts drilling holes with hammer action drill, or starts randomly grinding some thawing an angle grinder....

Sorry. I was that neighbour this weekend using a jigsaw to cut flooring planks. Didn't start too early or finish late though, hate noise early in the morning myself!

TA that I’m running out of things to answer when my boyfriend asks me “how’s your day/afternoon/evening/night?” every single day is the exact same, I have nothing interesting to answer

"It's sh!t".

I've found that people expect you to give the bog-standard answer "it's/I'm grand". When you give a "D'you know what, not great really", they stop asking.

It is what it's.

I've no problem with real diy noise like grinders, power saws, sledgehammers and the likes. It's the tap. taptap. tappitytap. tap of a dinky lil hammer that gets me. I've genuinely wanted to go up and tell the neighbour to just give it a good oul' wallop and get it done with!!

Also TA is someone who means well by going really slowly up/down the stairs, gingerly opening a door etc. thinking it's better than just making the normal noise that your brain would just filter out when you're asleep.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A DHL delivery guy yesterday morning ringing the doorbell as I was just walking out of the kitchen holding 2 mugs of tea. I had nowhere to put the tea down so that I could answer the door so I panicked in the hallway shouting for my OH to answer the door. I felt like a total clown afterwards when my OH berated me for panicking :(

A DHL delivery guy yesterday morning ringing the doorbell as I was just walking out of the kitchen holding 2 mugs of tea. I had nowhere to put the tea down so that I could answer the door so I panicked in the hallway shouting for my OH to answer the door. I felt like a total clown afterwards when my OH berated me for panicking :(

:pac:

Beats shouting "I'm coming, I'm coming!! Opening the door in nothing but boxers and realising you've got your own lil package to greet the delivery guy with."

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

My neighbour seems to have a consaw fetish a horrible noise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

TA that almost anything I pick to buy online is 'currently unavailable' or it's not available in my size.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement