Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I am Ta’d with myself that I over apologize

Was walking to work on a big wide open footpath and looking at my phone. I looked up to see two cyclists side by side flying towards me at speed

I move left, I move right but they did the same. Eventually they swing around me. I waved my hand apologetically

Wait , why am I am apologizing??? It is a footpath

And sometimes in supermarkets I get jabbed with a trolley yet I apologize

Dunno why I do this

Is it an Irish thing? Like saying 'Thanks' to a bus driver. Foreigners would view it as why are you saying Thanks to a person who is only do their job?

The English have the passive aggressive 'Pardon Me'. Irish people Thank everything left right and centre. Major cultural difference :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

oneweb wrote:
    "New and improved!" only ever means "We've found a cheaper way to make it."

Or prices are going up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is it an Irish thing? Like saying 'Thanks' to a bus driver. Foreigners would view it as why are you saying Thanks to a person who is only do their job?

The English have the passive aggressive 'Pardon Me'. Irish people Thank everything left right and centre. Major cultural difference :D

Funny, I'd have thought of both of those just as displaying basic manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There's an oul lad living in this cottage I pass every morning.
    About once or twice a week he is out thumbing a lift.

Like, come on. Thumbing. During this time. Really?

The thing I hate about online shopping is the hassle of arranging to return stuff. It's such a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

oneweb wrote: »
    "New and improved!" only ever means "We've found a cheaper way to make it."
    Bingo. Improved profits for the shareholders and a new bonus for the executives. Crappier product for the mug punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Oh I have one that really annoyed me.

A certain bank (who shall remain nameless) send a wonderfully worded letter explaining how all the charges will be made into one fee .Making it much easier and so much handier for the bank customers. 'A simple monthly fee of €6.00'.

Basically their 'single simple monthly fee' was their long winded spin on lashing up the bank charges.
    I closed my account and changed bank fairly quickly.

All I could think of was some brainstorming meeting in the bank. Where they were thinking how they are going to word this bank charges increase without actually saying it. Plus making it sound as if it is for the customers benefit!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Ah just everything today. Cat doing poorly. Still pregnant, still can't drink. Tired. Oh and use of the word "jab" all the time even in the media. I hate it. You know what you can do with your jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Antares35 wrote: »
    Ah just everything today. Cat doing poorly. Still pregnant, still can't drink. Tired. Oh and use of the word "jab" all the time even in the media. I hate it. You know what you can do with your jab.

Stick it up yer Ass......tra Zenneca😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Husband knocked the newly purchased bottle of red wine onto the kitchen floor so my lunchtime was spent mopping that up.

Eh, why didn't he spend his lunchtime cleaning it up?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The thing I hate about online shopping is the hassle of arranging to return stuff. It's such a pain in the arse.

It's why I had to wait until this year before I finally gave in and ordered shoes and trousers online.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who go to an unmanned till.When theres 2 tills open further along.And they just stand there.

I was in the chemist the other day waiting on my prescrition.Some fella with a huge pram,basically went to the till with no one on it.

But its the till beside where the staff come in and out.

And hes just standing there like a lemon.I dont know if he was served there as i was called to collect.

And you could see the other 2 behind the tills as you where walking up.

It just really annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Dial Hard wrote: »

Because, apparently men can't do it right and "Id only have to go over it again anyway!"

TA my wife is obsessed with vacuuming !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Dunno if I did this one already...

"Hello, welcome to [program name] with me, [presenter name]."

Might as well say "Hello, I'm here with me." :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Because, apparently men can't do it right and "Id only have to go over it again anyway!"

TA my wife is obsessed with vacuuming !

Bad enough that she'll complain/observe that you never do it, then do it soon after you've done it, 'cos you haven't done it right?

My advice to them is to stop looking at the floor!!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dial Hard wrote: »

He did. We both cleaned it up. Coz we both own the house. It still took my entire lunchtime.

TA for Saturday is that I actually want to spend my day playing a game but instead I'm being an adult and cleaning out the cats room because it absolutely stinks. Only realised once I'd finished cleaning and hoovering and febreezing that I've been using the lavender scented febreeze and cats HATE lavender. FS. :rolleyes: Room smells lovely to humans at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

03-02-2021, 15:24

Planned on doing a few podcast recordings today since the other half is gone for the day and I have the house to myself. Didn't get to.
    Next door neighbour started using his circular saw all morning and now he's been hammering into the walls since 1pm.

He's obviously building something. The noise has been non-stop since I got up this morning. Had no peace at all.
    04-02-2021, 14:30

I have actually developed a headache from the noise next door. He has been building/sawing/banging/hammering since this morning, and it was the same all day yesterday. I would love to just scream out to him and tell him to shut the noise up but OBVIOUSLY he has a right to do w/e the hell he wants in his own house in broad daylight and that's the major TA for me -- I have to suck it up and deal with it.

Still annoying though.

I'm surprised he hasn't found his way through to my house with the amount of hammering and drilling he's been doing to the walls. :pac:

06-03-2021, 12:20

My f*cking neighbour has been renovating the same room in his house for the past FOUR WEEKS!!!!! Four weeks of constant banging, sawing, hammering -- I'm about to lose my mind. The worst part is he does it all day, legally, and I can't say a fúcking thing. The longest time he done it in one day, that I can recall, was between 10 in the morning and half 7 in the evening, without stopping.

How can it take 4 weeks to renovate one bedroom? I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me.

It has now been 6 weeks and 3 days since my neighbour started renovating.

I can't believe it's taking him this long to renovate one single solitary room. I haven't used so much Panadol in my life (consistent noise like this literally gives me a headache)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

He did. We both cleaned it up. Coz we both own the house. It still took my entire lunchtime.

TA for Saturday is that I actually want to spend my day playing a game but instead I'm being an adult and cleaning out the cats room because it absolutely stinks. Only realised once I'd finished cleaning and hoovering and febreezing that I've been using the lavender scented febreeze and cats HATE lavender. FS. :rolleyes: Room smells lovely to humans at least.
    TA I haven't done my cats house yet. I didn't know cats hate lavender, I put lavender plants in their garden :D my oldest cat is here moping around, looks like we will need to make a call about it on Monday. He's been in and out of the vets but I think it's getting to a point where it isn't fair on him. When I was taking him to the vet last night the car in front of me ran over a cat. He managed to escape, he literally dodged the wheels and came running out the other side. The poor driver got out in a panic and I had to tell her he'd survived and was across the road :D I'd say she's aged about five years god love her. I wasn't much better. TA cats and the seemingly endless heartbreak they can cause :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares, out of all that, at least you met a soul that would actually stop to check on a potentially injured (or worse) animal, not many around.

Very sorry to hear about your poor moggy, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My children have become fond of Dunnes fresh batch loaf so I usually try and pick one up for them at the weekend.
    Got up early to do the shopping and just as I was leaving, my youngest reminded me "don't forget the nice bread"

Went my normal route but forgot about the change in roadworks which meant I had to take a detour - adding 10 minutes on to the journey. Went I arrived in supermarket, I saw someone take the last loaf from the shelf. They only had the half-size ones left. Asked a staff member would they have more of the full loaves and they said "Yes- in about 20 minutes, just in oven now."
    Grand I thought, I'll do the rest of the shopping and come back at the end.
    20 minutes later, the fresh bread was ready. Put the loaf into my very full trolley.

Got home, unpacked the shopping. No sign of the bread. Checked my receipt - not charged. It must have fallen out at some point.
    Drove back into supermarket. Had to queue for 15 minutes to get in. Both sizes of loaves all gone.
    Had to get one from Super Valu on the way back. Not as nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Needing to be a contortionist to replace a headlight bulb in a car. Half an hour of struggling, scraped hands, lots of cursing and frayed temper, I've finally got it in.

I swear it's a conspiracy between the likes of Halfords and car manufacturers to make a simple maintenance task almost impossible to do yourself.

"How are we doing?"

I'm bleh, I've no idea how you're doing, nor do I care to speculate in order to appropriately answer your question.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

maudgonner wrote: »
    Needing to be a contortionist to replace a headlight bulb in a car. Half an hour of struggling, scraped hands, lots of cursing and frayed temper, I've finally got it in.

I swear it's a conspiracy between the likes of Halfords and car manufacturers to make a simple maintenance task almost impossible to do yourself.

I had a car like that and got used to getting professionals to do it, Changed thd car then and naturally got a pro to change it and it turns out it’s an easy changer and I looked stupid:)

It's definitely to make you shell out for the consumables.

I've a mate who insisted on going to the Mini dealership to have the keyfob battery replaced :facepalm:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA I haven't done my cats house yet. I didn't know cats hate lavender, I put lavender plants in their garden :D my oldest cat is here moping around, looks like we will need to make a call about it on Monday. He's been in and out of the vets but I think it's getting to a point where it isn't fair on him. When I was taking him to the vet last night the car in front of me ran over a cat. He managed to escape, he literally dodged the wheels and came running out the other side. The poor driver got out in a panic and I had to tell her he'd survived and was across the road :D I'd say she's aged about five years god love her. I wasn't much better. TA cats and the seemingly endless heartbreak they can cause :(

I remember reading that somewhere. Our neighbour across the road planted a lavender plant to make the neighbourhood roming cat stop pooping in his flowerbed. :D

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, we had a hard time letting go of our first cat last November and our second cat has been sick all last week with a virus so I totally sympathise with you. It's so stressful to deal with a sick animal when you feel helpless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Be careful. I'm fairly sure Lavendar is toxic to cats. Same for Lillies.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Babies in branded sportswear, like an adidas tracksuit and matching runner combo. Puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I think I pulled a muscle in my head this morning. WTH like :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

When you feel down and people feed off you like a metaphorical buffet. Anything to buffer up their own pathetic egos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

08 Honda civic indicator bulb,
    wheel off,
    wheel arch liner off
    now change the bulb, from in under the car ....wtf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement