Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Don't ya know that she accepts plastic now? :)

My little boy doesn't take plastic though and I don't think the tooth fairy is going to be duped by fake teeth.
    Found a bit of shrapnel in the attic last night so got through it in the end.
    His first tooth cost us a tenner as we had nothing smaller. :(
    I never thought to raid his money box but that just seems to be wrong on a lot of levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    My little boy doesn't take plastic though and I don't think the tooth fairy is going to be duped by fake teeth.
    Found a bit of shrapnel in the attic plates last night so got through it.
    Never thought to raid his money box but that just seems to be wrong on a lot of levels.

think of it as short term borrowing rather than raiding. and i really want to know what attic plates are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

One of mine fashioned a fake tooth out of the white version of BluTac in the hope of fooling the tooth fairy. Another picked dried blood off a cut on her knee and put it under her pillow, hoping for the "Scab Fairy" to come and give her money. Neither worked, but you have to be vigilant.

Never thought to raid his money box but that just seems to be wrong on a lot of levels.

Remember, you're battling a resourceful enemy. As above, they won't hesitate to try to rip you off. The end justifies the means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Found a bit of shrapnel in the attic plates last night so got through it.

This reminds me of Homer sneaking into Barts room to raid his piggy bank for beer money :)
    You're doing it for good reason and you can replace it. Try not to feel bad, you're really not doing anything wrong, you're not taking it to buy crystal meth!

TA i made soup last night in the nutri bullet and it exploded all over the place. There was cauliflower everywhere and the plastic jug shattered so I had no soup and now have no nutri bullet. The kitchen stinks of cumin and stock cubes even though I cleaned it. I dont even like cauliflower soup so dont know why i was making it in the first place!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

and i really want to know what attic plates are.

I hate the predictive text on my phone. It makes me look semi literate sometimes. Another TA

I would never remember to pay it back so it would be long term theft from a 7 year old :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Leave an "IOU - signed: The Tooth Fairy", or give him another tenner and add a note that says "This covers the next 9 teeth, too".

Josepha Madigan and her crusade to rebrand the 'Kerryman' newspaper over concerns of inclusivity. Imagine waking up one morning and declaring yourself offended by something so trivial. From the same person (better not say "woman" in case a twitter storm breaks out) mixed up in the Maria Bailey controversy, not exactly a bastion of credibility. All of this in the middle of a pandemic, talk about priorities hopelessly out of kilter.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,242 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you buy an expensive enough gift for somebody and they ask did it come free with the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When you buy an expensive enough gift for somebody and they ask did it come free with the paper!
    I feel ya. I got somebody a nice gift I knew they would like one time and they asked me did I get it in the charity shop- har de har :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I am Ta’d with myself that I over apologize

Was walking to work on a big wide open footpath and looking at my phone. I looked up to see two cyclists side by side flying towards me at speed

I move left, I move right but they did the same. Eventually they swing around me. I waved my hand apologetically

Wait , why am I am apologizing??? It is a footpath

And sometimes in supermarkets I get jabbed with a trolley yet I apologize

Dunno why I do this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

Josepha Madigan and her crusade to rebrand the 'Kerryman' newspaper over concerns of inclusivity. Imagine waking up one morning and declaring yourself offended by something so trivial. From the same person (better not say "woman" in case a twitter storm breaks out) mixed up in the Maria Bailey controversy, not exactly a bastion of credibility. All of this in the middle of a pandemic, talk about priorities hopelessly out of kilter.

What about the Woman's way magazine? I wonder if she will want to change that title?

TA, seeing a sign for roadworks starting and to expect delays. Leave for work a bit earlier only to find they hadn't started yet!

What about the Woman's way magazine? I wonder if she will want to change that title?

TA, seeing a sign for roadworks starting and to expect delays. Leave for work a bit earlier only to find they hadn't started yet!

That is aimed at women though so is a poor comparison.

That is aimed at women though so is a poor comparison.
    I'm suprised she haven't gone after Ireland's Own yet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Hmmm....., definite racist undertones to that title ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I am Ta’d with myself that I over apologize

Was walking to work on a big wide open footpath and looking at my phone. I looked up to see two cyclists side by side flying towards me at speed

I move left, I move right but they did the same. Eventually they swing around me. I waved my hand apologetically

Wait , why am I am apologizing??? It is a footpath

And sometimes in supermarkets I get jabbed with a trolley yet I apologize

Dunno why I do this
    I guess you have Canadian roots but didn't know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

New Home wrote: »

How do you get 100 canadians out of a swimming pool?

say "please guys can you get out of the swimming pool"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

We probably shouldn't give her ideas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,791 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What about Manfred Mann?

Hmmm....., definite racist undertones to that title ;)
    And Old Cassidy has made some very shocking remarks about the Italians over the years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pharmaceutical pricing is my TA. I've been on a particular table for the last few months. they cost me €50 a month. they have not been having the desired effect so my GP increased the dose yesterday. The cost of the higher dose table is the exact same as the lower dose. What exactly am I paying for then?

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    If that is a Canadian trait then it moved over there with the British and Irish settlers.
    We are terrible for apologising all the time, people who come to live here from other countries remark on it quite often.

When you are looking forward to something on the telly for ages. You think this looks right up my street, then when you finally watch it, it's a load of old pony.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

When you are looking forward to something on the telly for ages. You think this looks right up my street, then when you finally watch it, it's a load of old pony.

That new pirate docurama thing on Netflix!
    Why would you put a voice over from a fairy tale on it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Current Dublin Gazette has a front-page article on crack cocaine addiction; with a photo of a heroin addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Husband knocked the newly purchased bottle of red wine onto the kitchen floor so my lunchtime was spent mopping that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

If that is a Canadian trait then it moved over there with the British and Irish settlers.
    We are terrible for apologising all the time, people who come to live here from other countries remark on it quite often.

“Your Honour” ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Stubborn people who are set in their ways, and delude themselves with cognitive dissonance. And play thick.

An elderly neighbour who keeps leaving birdseed on her shed roof three times a day 10 ish, 3 ish and 5 ish.
    She has been doing it for years before I moved in. To the extent that there is about 40 seagulls two by two on each house in the the estate. With her shed being the focal point at feeding time.

The problem is this attracts seagulls in. Now a bit of background back around Christmas I brought the neighbour a birdseed feeder.
    I even wrote a poem back then asking her not to attract the seagulls in - as her husband fancies himself as poet (who also tells her to stop feeding seagulls by the way). I also sent her info from the county council which explains why people should not feed seagulls. Along with a seagull christmas card.

But very quickly day one/day two the birdseed feeder (which was fairly heavy) ended up over the wall and in my garden. I returned the bird seed feeder a few days later and even put a sticker on it with her name address 'for fear she would lose it again'. And said "It must have blown over on a stormy day". She looked shocked, and stumped for words.

I confronted her directly today after giving her months to show an improvement. Saying "why are you STILL putting bird seed up on that shed three times a day. 10ish. 3ish and 5ish" etc
    I said why doesn't she use a bird feeder?

Her answer was as follows a curt "it's gone" the way a child would say it. "It blows away. I can't help it the birdseed feeders blow away" she said.

Says I "come on (Her Name) you expect me to believe that?" "Tie it up properly and buy another one"

She continued "I don't feed the seagulls she said, I feed the Pigeons"

I asked "Can she not see that it attracts the seagulls?"
    Plus I said "it has been going on much longer than covid!"
    And I stated that she is better than that.

She replied "I can't help it" And went off in huff because I called her a liar.

At the time of writing I can hear the seagulls squawking, it must have been feeding time again. Regular as clockwork.

How do you you deal with someone like that? To make it even funnier she watches the road like a hawk (no pun intended) and gives out about other neighbours being nosey etc

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

"New and improved!" only ever means "We've found a cheaper way to make it."

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

<snip>
    With her shed being the focal point at feeding time.

The problem is this attracts seagulls in.
    </snip>

Also, wtf is it with people who chuck their leftover chicken curry & rice, half loaves of bread and the likes out onto the road?? We've got a similar problem with seagulls now, miles in from the coast - there were a dozen massive fookars stood on the rooftops of a row of 6 houses just... waiting. And no doubt mice and rats ready to come out of the shadows. I feel like putting it all back through their letterbox.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Stubborn people who are set in their ways, and delude themselves with cognitive dissonance. And play thick.

An elderly neighbour who keeps leaving birdseed on her shed roof three times a day 10 ish, 3 ish and 5 ish.
    She has been doing it for years before I moved in. To the extent that there is about 40 seagulls two by two on each house in the the estate. With her shed being the focal point at feeding time.

The problem is this attracts seagulls in. Now a bit of background back around Christmas I brought the neighbour a birdseed feeder.
    I even wrote a poem back then asking her not to attract the seagulls in - as her husband fancies himself as poet (who also tells her to stop feeding seagulls by the way). I also sent her info from the county council which explains why people should not feed seagulls. Along with a seagull christmas card.

But very quickly day one/day two the birdseed feeder (which was fairly heavy) ended up over the wall and in my garden. I returned the bird seed feeder a few days later and even put a sticker on it with her name address 'for fear she would lose it again'. And said "It must have blown over on a stormy day". She looked shocked, and stumped for words.

I confronted her directly today after giving her months to show an improvement. Saying "why are you STILL putting bird seed up on that shed three times a day. 10ish. 3ish and 5ish" etc
    I said why doesn't she use a bird feeder?

Her answer was as follows a curt "it's gone" the way a child would say it. "It blows away. I can't help it the birdseed feeders blow away" she said.

Says I "come on (Her Name) you expect me to believe that?" "Tie it up properly and buy another one"

She continued "I don't feed the seagulls she said, I feed the Pigeons"

I asked "Can she not see that it attracts the seagulls?"
    Plus I said "it has been going on much longer than covid!"
    And I stated that she is better than that.

She replied "I can't help it" And went off in huff because I called her a liar.

At the time of writing I can hear the seagulls squawking, it must have been feeding time again. Regular as clockwork.

How do you you deal with someone like that? To make it even funnier she watches the road like a hawk (no pun intended) and gives out about other neighbours being nosey etc

She's away with the birds. Possibly low down on the pecking order in life. I wouldn't get my feathers in a fluff about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

oneweb wrote: »
    Also, wtf is it with people who chuck their leftover chicken curry & rice, half loaves of bread and the likes out onto the road?? We've got a similar problem with seagulls now, miles in from the coast - there were a dozen massive fookars stood on the rooftops of a row of 6 houses just... waiting. And no doubt mice and rats ready to come out of the shadows. I feel like putting it all back through their letterbox.

Oh yer wan has been caught doing that as well, leaving bread out on the road.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement