Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When walking on a narrow path and two people are walking towards you and they don't go into single file but expect you to step onto the road.

Women 50+ are the main offenders in this one

This really irritates the F out of me especially if I'm pushing a pram..... I'm not wheeling the pram onto the road you ignorant wenches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

When you're watching a movie with someone and they continually adjust the volume. Just leave it at one setting FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

People not using the trivial things that annoy you thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

People who use the ATM multiple times with different cards

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People at self checkouts who don't put their bag in the baggage area (big hint) first and pack after they scan item. Then just walk out after paying rather than packing bags from a messy pile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

screamer wrote: »

Really don't see the big need for ATMs nowadays with card payments almost everywhere and cashback available too.

Really can't remember the last time I used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    When you're watching a movie with someone and they continually adjust the volume. Just leave it at one setting FFS.

And that setting should be an even number or end in a 5, odd numbers not ending in 5 are not OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,161 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Smee_Again wrote: »
    And that setting should be an even number or end in a 5, odd numbers not ending in 5 are not OK.

So you can't listen to Spinal Tap at 11?

Maybe that girl knows you stare at her boobs all the time and so folds her arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

SJWfeministsliberalsleftiesculturalmarxismvirtuesignalling

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

When walking on a narrow path and two people are walking towards you and they don't go into single file but expect you to step onto the road.

Women 50+ are the main offenders in this one

This really irritates the F out of me especially if I'm pushing a pram..... I'm not wheeling the pram onto the road you ignorant wenches.

Hate to say it but that cohort you describe can be the most ignorant, self entitled, short tempered group out there...exceptions of course and not all women but “middle” class with notions women of that age can be truly obnoxious and full of deluded self importance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Someone being interviewed today on the radio who'd had medicine as his first choice and didn't get the points. When asked why he wanted to do medicine, because "it's the hardest one to get into so I wanted to aim for the top". Why do a course just because it's hard? So presumably if women's studies was the highest points he would have put that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,224 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Antares35 wrote: »
    Someone being interviewed today on the radio who'd had medicine as his first choice and didn't get the points. When asked why he wanted to do medicine, because "it's the hardest one to get into so I wanted to aim for the top". Why do a course just because it's hard? So presumably if women's studies was the highest points he would have put that :D

it doesn't have the highest points because it is the hardest. it has the highest points because it is the most popular. if they cannot grasp that perhaps we have been lucky and been saved from another idiot doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Antares35 wrote: »

Do you really think that many kids grow up dreaming of being a neurosurgeon or doctor in a burns ward for example... peeling people's skin off after being in a bad house fire!?

Oh yes yes mummy... I want to open up people's heads and look inside, with my big noisy saw for cutting human skulls open! :D

Nah, some people perhaps... but many more just fancy the challenge of accomplishing something that most other people can't achieve.

You can see it even in the bedside manner of many Docs... they weren't cut out for the whole cuddly caring side of a career in medicine. They just knew how to learn difficult things and pass exams.

Still, we need lots of clever people in medicine - so beggars can't be choosers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Leaking milk cartons on the shelf in the shop.
    Take the leaking one out when you're packing them!! TA'd my sleeve is now sogging wet and smells of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I can't explain why, but when somebody (it's nearly always scruffy youths) get to the bottom of the crisp packet and instead of taking the last few crumbleenies out with their fingers, they theatrically tilt back their head and pour the remainder of the bag down their gobs.
    It makes me want to slap them. I have no idea why.

Earlier today, I passed a girl in the corridor at work and she really annoyed me. Her crime? Walking with her hands folded across her chest. Granted, she is entitled to walk whatever way she wants, but the impracticality of the act really got to me.

So, I'll throw it open to the floor. No obviously annoying habits like picking your nose or clicking your fingers. I am talking about seemingly innocuous things that people do that shouldn't bother you, but really do.
    Your one easily annoyed fussy fu¢ker, you might need to get out a bit. The crisp thing I still do that and I also do it with popcorn too. I also scratch my bollox when and where I feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's not exactly harmless, but fúckers who don't indicate when using roundabouts. It's even started to happen when turning corners. And no, I don't think it's just confined to owners of German made cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Driving a bus around a city is beyond my skill level , fair dues to the drivers

My TA is one particular driver on our route who is fond of heavily breaking all the time

People do have to hold the handrail and get jolted around the place

No issues with the other drivers, they are silky smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

What really annoys me are moaning Fu©kers especially the ones you have nothing to moan about in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Water John wrote: »

Maybe that girl knows you stare at her boobs all the time and so folds her arms.

Or has two backs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    But they do loud explosions and noises and then people start whispering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

It's not exactly harmless, but fúckers who don't indicate when using roundabouts. It's even started to happen when turning corners. And no, I don't think it's just confined to owners of German made cars.

Fcukers who stick on their hazard lights bringing traffic to a standstill while they go collect arseroll or something inane from their local shop.

I saw a driver recently stop in the main street of where I live , stick on her hazards while her daughter ran into a shop , local Garda asked her to move on pointing out the line of traffic behind her and her answer was "it's okay, I have hazard lights on".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,900 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

screamer wrote: »

Or the people whose entire attempts to obtain cash with just ONE card is similar to what it must be to a blind person trying to start a 747 might be like.. card is in... more key entries than dialing a Zambian free phone number,, card out, in again, 57,000 more keystrokes, out again... walking away with 20 euros, looking back at the ATM quizzically in case the ATM might want to thank them personally...

Meanwhile you are eyeing up the taxi Q that ‘had’ 3 people which now has 8-10 and no cars, it’s January 1.30 am and you feel like getting arrested to get a bit of heat and a bed for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Woman in my village when she's at the checkout (only one) she'll get two winnng streak scratch cards ...scratch them there and then then ask for two quick pick...then roots around handbag to find old tickets for cashier to check...then a final one all cash scratch card. Does not care a dam about the que behind her...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

When you get into a lift and push the button for your floor. Then another person pushes the same button. Even though they just watched you push it and it was already lit up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

when you sleep with a girl after a date
    she wants to stay all-night and cuddle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    when you sleep with a girl after a date
    she wants to stay all-night and cuddle

Wow you’re a prize! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Water John wrote: »

Or maybe she's cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

women with prams who plough through crowds and old frail folk without as much as a hesitation or apologetic nod & feel self entitled to batter the ankles off anyone else using the path and hammer through them at top speed because they feel they are entitled.

People who allow(ed) their children to sit in ****ing hamdicap seats and elderly seats when old people on sticks are left to dangle by straps and wobble about on the bus/ tram. It may be obvious but it happens so often and is so ignorant that it has to be mentioned.

People who think that because they are wearing a mask they become invisible and can eyeball you and stare at you. I CAN SEE YOU STOP STARING.

Covid -19 leaflets in doors that say no leaflets. Must I dangle a mousetrap on the far side to make my point clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

People unaware of their surroundings. Either they speak too loudly, general clumsiness or outrageously poor eye sight.

I usually cycle through a park. It's a path and cycle lane. I never ride quickly through the park either but sometimes when I'm cycling I can see a person about 100m away, I'm wearing illuminous yellow and when I get close to them they jump out of the way in horror that they didn't see me,then give me the tuts. Annoys the piss out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

People who scrape the fork through their teeth when eating .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement