Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I would give a kidney to have a pedicure. I had to go at my own toes last night and I was full on heaving. I’m lucky that I can wax myself and do my own eyebrows and nails, but if I couldn’t there is no way I’d interrupt my wax cycle for shaving, I’d be killed with ingrown hair. I’ve been wearing gel nails and shellac since 2012 I haven’t seen my natural nails in years so they’re so weak I’ve to have something on them constantly or they’ll chip and break. I try have regular deep tissue massages and my back is in knots. I have professional products here that I can do my own skin and facials but if I couldn’t I would be in a heap, congested pores, dehydration lines to beat the band. I’d love a lash lift which I can’t do on myself so I’m wearing more mascara. I grind my teeth when I’m stressed and I’ve so much tension in my jaw that I would diiiiie for a nice scalp massage and a blowdry. I don’t really do a lot with my hair so it doesn’t take that much maintenance but I swear the min a beauty salon opens I’ll be straight in getting all of the things![/QUOTE

I see what you mean, lots of good reasons to mjss the salons...I just saw so many joke posts today and thought, were not hideous wooly mammoth women without professional help :D

I do the jaw grinding clenching thing a lot and I dont inhale properly, I barely breath and then I realise Im breathing too shallowly and automatically take a sudden deep breath and what sounds like a dramatic sigh. Could probably benefit from head massage too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

https://ibb.co/Fxsyh6s
    Best part of my day right here. 3 sets of lounge wear and a new pair of Bubble trainers so I can day drink whilst not wearing my pjs. Builebeag, do you want a link :D

Deskside, after a productive morning. Had to happen sometime I guess :D

I'm itching to spend a day in a salon being made feel like a girl again. Back in the day I was pretty low maintenance, but now I'm starting to feel like a proper slob. Soon as they reopen I'm moving in for a weekend.
    Plus I realised I was dressing like an 8 year old the whole time so I've started wearing proper grown up clothes with buttons and zips and no lycra every few days, just to make sure I still can. Nearly everyone dresses the same these days, it's so homogenous and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am feeling positively overdressed now. Even have an ironed shirt on. Aftershave too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Maybe none of us have an afro but curly hair is a pain. My favourite treat is to get my hair straightened and I feel like a film star after it. Twice I have bumped into people in the street cos I have been so busy admiring my newly straightened hair in shop windows. And I love touching how silky it is instead of a straw-head coarseness of curly hair. All my kids have curly hair too and my grandchildren. No siblings, cousins, nieces or nephews. Just me and my tribe.

• Advertisement

Maybe none of us have an afro but curly hair is a pain. My favourite treat is to get my hair straightened and I feel like a film star after it. Twice I have bumped into people in the street cos I have been so busy admiring my newly straightened hair in shop windows. And I love touching how silky it is instead of a straw-head coarseness of curly hair. All my kids have curly hair too and my grandchildren. No siblings, cousins, nieces or nephews. Just me and my tribe.

Do you straighten it yourself at all Kathleen or would you treat yourself now and then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I have clothes on. Also, I demand to have some booze!!

Do you straighten it yourself at all Kathleen or would you treat yourself now and then?

I can't straighten it properly myself. I make it worse. I usually wash it, rub it with a towel and go. I don't even try get a brush through it unless wet.
    My birthday, Christmas and mother's day presents from the kids are always for the hairdressers. Have 3 vouchers staring at me from the press. Sigh.
    Oooh my sister got me a voucher for an Indian head massage I was saving up. Are they good?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Jaysus! I shower daily and run out razor over where it's needed/trim 3 very few days. Bushy eyebrows taken care if by hiding them behind a fringe. Hell would freeze over before I'd pay someone to tear my body hair out by the roots and I care about myself too much to inflict that kind of pain in myself.

I can't straighten it properly myself. I make it worse. I usually wash it, rub it with a towel and go. I don't even try get a brush through it unless wet.
    My birthday, Christmas and mother's day presents from the kids are always for the hairdressers. Have 3 vouchers staring at me from the press. Sigh.
    Oooh my sister got me a voucher for an Indian head massage I was saving up. Are they good?

Yes I like them, they’re nice to relax and very good for tension headaches. At least that’ll be a nice treat to look forward to when all this madness is over. I have a bit of a curl in my hair, more of a bouncy wave but like that If I brush that dry I look like hagrid :D I think curly hair looks lovely anyway.

• Advertisement

We always want what we can't have! I'd absolutely love curly hair! Have always looked at curled haired ladies with badly concealed jealousy! Curling it with tongs or whatever isn't the same. Natural curls are so beautiful.

Still I'm very grateful for my low maintenance hair at the moment. Thankfully I haven't dyed my hair in a long time so it's just its natural red and I don't have any grey's to cover, though I'd be willing to bet I will by the time this whole thing is over. It's straight and long but healthy and I'm sure even an eejit like me can trim off dead ends when it's needed.

Right, trigger above has motivated me to get dressed and I'm gonna spray some expensive perfume, even though there's no one else here to smell it.

I was actually thinking I'm gonna start wearing all the really nice clothes I have and have never or barely worn. The stuff that makes me wonder if I'm too dressed up for normal day to day.. Well no one will see me now anyway and I can decide whether I actually feel good in it or whether to donate and stop clogging up my wardrobe.

Edited to add: Indian Head massages are loooovely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My hair is curlytoo Kathleen; it can be difficult to manage, thatsfor sure. Its being cooperative lately, I use a good bit of conditioner, but I ysed to straighten it allthe time or even straighten then re curl for looser wavy curls. Seems like a lot of messing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Yeah ..trimmed my beard after about 3 weeks ..needed it.
    I normally shave my head twice a week... but haven't shave it in 10 days so I'm rocking the silver fox look.
    Except I'm grey and bald :D

But the aftershave that trigger mentioned is a definite for me... had Creed Virgin Island water yesterday and Creed Tabarome Millesime today...smell good..feel good

Yeah ..trimmed my beard after about 3 weeks ..needed it.
    I normally shave my head twice a week... but haven't shave it in 10 days so I'm rocking the silver fox look.
    Except I'm grey and bald :D

But the aftershave that trigger mentioned is a definite for me... had Creed Virgin Island water yesterday and Creed Tabarome Millesime today...smell good..feel good

There is literally nothing but the smell of shame and borderline alcofrolickkk off me. Bit of deodorant and body lotion but the first two are overpowering the last two. I’m laying in bed eating tea cake yokes and drinking a 2018 Chardonnay, from the bottle because it’s a bit early for glasses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from a walk, tired.

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!

Sunny here and I may head off for a walk in the woods, the view and scent of bluebells is beautiful :)

Omg.......I scored 6 out 6.........I'm a cat!

Glitch

GLITCH MUTHAFUKA!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Usually we have a load of things to arrange such as catering etc, but these days we operate with nothing on board, so lots of time to take photos

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Another curly haired lady here and I miss the hair dressers badly, it's a treat to myself :) I'm dying my hair myself today as it's needs a good conditioner and I find a new colour does that. I rarely have it straight but when I do people say they prefer the curls :D for me it's a change :)

Now off to my dye my hair, wish me luck :D

I'm thinking of dying mine something mad like purple or pink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

back from a walk :)

I'm doing a bit better today I'm glad to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I wanted to dye my hair purple when I was on my first maternity leave.... I work in corporate so it wouldn't be encouraged to arrive in with purple hair... So this was my chance.

Hairdresser politely told me I was too lazy for the maintenance of purple hair :D

At the time I was maintaining long blonde hair so I don't know. Though I'd imagine to keep it looking well it would need to be done every couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

You trying for the Jo Brand look ? :P

@Sephers, you must have been the last one not to know that you are a cat :D

@Smurf, great photos thanks, brought back some great memories :)

Delighted with myself for doing the washing this morning.
    Now off to take it in off the line

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am gagging at the bit to finish the day's work and get out to enjoy the sun. Feel some heat on the face.
    The pessimist in me is convinced it will start raining 30 seconds before I finish work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Autosport wrote: »
    Another curly haired lady here and I miss the hair dressers badly, it's a treat to myself :) I'm dying my hair myself today as it's needs a good conditioner and I find a new colour does that. I rarely have it straight but when I do people say they prefer the curls :D for me it's a change :)

Now off to my dye my hair, wish me luck :D

Gosh, I wish I had curly hair...or straight hair either....

I'm in the kitchen, batch cooking! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

There is literally nothing but the smell of shame and borderline alcofrolickkk off me. Bit of deodorant and body lotion but the first two are overpowering the last two. I’m laying in bed eating tea cake yokes and drinking a 2018 Chardonnay, from the bottle because it’s a bit early for glasses.

Sounds like a great Monday to me! :D

Got to see my godson today for the first time since the lockdown...nice little treat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

back from a walk :)

I'm doing a bit better today I'm glad to say :)

Delighted to hear it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside,Just woke up from a nap, it was brilliant.
    I'm in the kitchen, batch cooking! :):)

Watcha cooking?

• Advertisement

I wanted to dye my hair purple when I was on my first maternity leave.... I work in corporate so it wouldn't be encouraged to arrive in with purple hair... So this was my chance.

Hairdresser politely told me I was too lazy for the maintenance of purple hair :D

At the time I was maintaining long blonde hair so I don't know. Though I'd imagine to keep it looking well it would need to be done every couple of weeks.

Do it. I had my hair purple for years! Bit of a colour bomb once a week, bobs your uncle! https://ibb.co/mcxMSMT that was mine and it wasn’t high maintenance at all.

I’m on the couch debating whether or not I should actually get dressed and out of my Loungewear. Neighbour is cutting grass and I’m irrationally fuming at the noise of and him and the length of time it’s taking. Probably because also his son keeps playing football where my car is parked and despite being told twice not to kick the ball near my car, continues to do so. I’m so grumpy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement