Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Making very funny videos on tiktok to exchange with my best friend

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

In the sunny garden, glass of cider and Bluetooth speaker playing The War on Drugs. Back to work tomorrow and sure then it’s the weekend. Only thing I’m missing is decent company

• Registered Users Posts: 21,866 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bacon cooking here , love a sandwich with fresh bread and a couple of slices of just cut bacon .

Sorting out some of the tools here earlier , amazing what you find tbh . Old hand planes for wood , chisels , even a pitchfork , very random :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Stunning views Bolgbui. Is that rape?

I'm just home and having a much needed mug of tea.

Today I got my Mam's shopping and dropped it to her house on the other side of the city. Then collected her card and the form for the pension. Had to go into the city to the GPO and collect the pension and then to the bank to Lodge it. Machine wasn't working so I had to wait with some others while they fixed it and I could feel myself getting panicky. I just wanted back out into the air and it seemed to take forever and I felt like I was gulping down virus with every breath.

Then went to the chemist to collect the prescriptions and a few other bits but they didn't have all the other bits so got the prescriptions and went to a second chemist. Then realized the first chemist had forgotten part of the prescriptions so had to go back then realised the second chemist had overcharged my mams card by 25 euro so had to go back to that one as well!

Then back over to my Mam's to drop everything off. Quick chat with my parents through the window :(:(:(

And home now with a banging headache. Between the heat and the panic and the sheer volume of people everywhere. Like it was CRAZY! The last day I dropped stuff to my parents house we were stopped four times by the gardai. Today not once and we were all over the place. The shops were packed (as in carparks packed, queues everywhere). The roads were jammers with cars, groups of people walking everywhere. Stopping to chat. Definitely not social distancing. Even people stopping to talk to elderly people with barely a meter between them, nevermind two.

But the most annoying thing I saw was walking back to the car from the bank, I kept my head down and the footpath was COVERED in big, fresh, filthy globs of spit. :( Sick at the best of times, but going around spitting now, you'd have to be total scum!!!!

Ugh sorry that such a long rambly rant. I just thought I'd get it all done quick and painless but it took HOURS and I have the fear now!

Second mug of tea is needed....

I feel your pain BB, really I do. I'm doing what I'n told to do, but even without leaving the house I can see so much stupidity from the feckin window. I shop once a week and dread it due to the amount of numpties around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Bacon cooking here , love a sandwich with fresh bread and a couple of slices of just cut bacon .

Sorting out some of the tools here , amazing what you find tbh . Old hand planes for wood , chisels , even a pitchfork , very random :D

I'll loan you a shovel and a spade ;)

For
    The gardening now Mam ;)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Sorting out some of the tools here , amazing what you find tbh . Old hand planes for wood , chisels , even a pitchfork , very random :D

Just cut bacon on buttery bread is so good.:D I'm doing bacon, mash and cabbage tomorrow. Haven't had it in a while. Already looking forward to it.

Autosport wrote: »
    I'll loan you a shovel and a spade ;)

For
    The gardening now Mam ;)

Oh I have them too , and everything else imaginable , even ground sheets and lime !
    For the garden of course :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At a different work site, spending time outside because I'm allowed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,082 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Still missing this guy, coffee morning just aren’t the same without him

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Just cut bacon on buttery bread is so good.:D I'm doing bacon, mash and cabbage tomorrow. Haven't had it in a while. Already looking forward to it.

Same here G , love bacon and cabbage , but a hot sandwich is a must too :D

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    Still missing this guy, coffee morning just aren’t the same without him

Such a happy head!!!

I feel your pain BB, really I do. I'm doing what I'n told to do, but even without leaving the house I can see so much stupidity from the feckin window. I shop once a week and dread it due to the amount of numpties around the place.

There seems to be a lot of people still popping to the shops daily. We try to stick to every two weeks and we plan out our meals carefully. But I'd swear there's people still heading to Tesco daily to grab that days dinner or breakfast or whatever. I don't get it. I don't want to be anywhere near those places unless I HAVE to be.

Back at the tech desk earning nothing except praise from Mrs G and and "I'm not watching that" from Ms G. :D Yep, still catching up on all the home movies that I really should have done years ago. A long drawn out process.

My current view.

Video Render.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Such a happy head!!!

He's nearly as cute as your dog :)

BB what I find if people get to close to you I find fake sneezing or coughing works wonders :D. had to resort to that today while in a queue in the shop, 2 young teenagers had no sense of social distancing so a few coughs and sneezes from myself had them move back from me :D ''tis fierce contagious ;)

Gardenside chatting with my favourite man :)

Autosport wrote: »
    He's nearly as cute as your dog :)

BB what I find if people get to close to you I find fake sneezing or coughing works wonders :D. had to resort to that today while in a queue in the shop, 2 young teenagers had no sense of social distancing so a few coughs and sneezes from myself had them move back from me :D ''tis fierce contagious ;)

Gardenside chatting with my favourite man :)

I'd be afraid they'd call security and drag me out! I was dramatically swerving people today! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed patting my belly , just had dinner, thinly sliced beef fajitas and I won't lie they were savage! well course they were, they were made by me of course :cool: happy sephers :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Oh back to work :(
    I'm drowsy, feel so deflated when he has to go after a longer time here, I actually get physical symptoms :D resting for a minute with a heat pad for cramps, before I reply to some texts.

There seems to be a lot of people still popping to the shops daily. We try to stick to every two weeks and we plan out our meals carefully. But I'd swear there's people still heading to Tesco daily to grab that days dinner or breakfast or whatever. I don't get it. I don't want to be anywhere near those places unless I HAVE to be.

I go every two days or so because I just pick up what we need for the two days and I’m not wandering around tesco for forty minutes. I don’t want to have to start the car and drive to the supermarket to do a big shop that takes ages, so while I’m on walk I pop into the one near my house and buy what I can carry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I go every two days or so because I just pick up what we need for the two days and I’m not wandering around tesco for forty minutes. I don’t want to have to start the car and drive to the supermarket to do a big shop that takes ages, so while I’m on walk I pop into the one near my house and buy what I can carry
    Likewise. I go to SuperValu every other day for basics, that I can carry (no car) herself does the main shop on Saturday morning usually and gets a taxi home. We are, well I am guilty of panic buying. There's a Dunnes branch up the arse end of the town I live that was selling slabs of Guinness for 32quid. I purchased 12, almost 300 cans in total. The weather has been picking up though so I haven't been tearing into it, lager season is upon us again. There's still ten trays in the neighbors shed gathering dust and it's 3 weeks today since I bought 'em.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Harry I just can't take to the canned stuff at all :(

I shop on the way home from work, early, fully stocked, know the layout so I'm in and out in ten minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

@G apropos your attachment I didnt know untill the other day that John Hinde operated as a kind of multinational.

Someone must have had a ball taking these :D

http://www.johnhindecollection.com/canaryislands1.html

There are more again on ebid ( a few attached )

My birthday present from OH's mother :)
    https://ibb.co/gWZchpm

Totally love that :)

@W I think you are right about it being a quince. Now have to look up making quince jelly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Likewise. I go to SuperValu every other day for basics, that I can carry (no car) herself does the main shop on Saturday morning usually and gets a taxi home. We are, well I am guilty of panic buying. There's a Dunnes branch up the arse end of the town I live that was selling slabs of Guinness for 32quid. I purchased 12, almost 300 cans in total. The weather has been picking up though so I haven't been tearing into it, lager season is upon us again. There's still ten trays in the neighbors shed gathering dust and it's 3 weeks today since I bought 'em.

Jesus! :D
    300 Cans of Guinness...are you preparing for a lockdown or a lock-in ?!!

lager season is upon us again. There's still ten trays in the neighbors shed gathering dust and it's 3 weeks today since I bought 'em.

Well Harry, Lager season never leaves my life, but I am chilling a few cans of Guinness for dinner tomorrow night. The oul lad left them here in Feb after watching a Dubs match. Gonna tear into some bacon and cabbage with mashed spuds and enjoy the stout taste to wash it down. I miss both so need to catch up as I certainly have the time now. My mother couldn't really cook but I must admit she did a great bacon and cabbage meal and I always remember my Da washing it down in pre posh days with a large bottle of Guinness.

Harry I just can't take to the canned stuff at all :(

I shop on the way home from work, early, fully stocked, know the layout so I'm in and out in ten minutes

A Dawn Raider then

Heh.

0lddog wrote: »
    @G apropos your attachment I didnt know untill the other day that John Hinde operated as a kind of multinational.

Someone must have had a ball taking these :D

http://www.johnhindecollection.com/canaryislands1.html

There are more again on ebid ( a few attached )

Wow, I never knew John Hinde shot that far. From those snaps, it looks like the late 60s/early 70s. The Los Christianos one is nothing like the place today.

.... The Los Christianos one is nothing like the place today.

You can say that again :D
    I was thinking end 60's early 70's too
    Very few places anywhere like how they are now - perhaps Taganana, didnt see any of Afur, Teno Alto and such places ( which would probably have been accessible only by foot / donkey in those days ). Pretty certain they are much as they were back then

:D:D:D

0lddog wrote: »
    You can say that again :D
    I was thinking end 60's early 70's too
    Very few places anywhere like how they are now - perhaps Taganana, didnt see any of Afur, Teno Alto and such places ( which would probably have been accessible only by foot / donkey in those days ). Pretty certain they are much as they were back then

And Los Teresitas beach. So natural in that postcard. More sand, car parks and development these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Where has the day gone.

Last time I looked at the time it was 5:30

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement