Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Not feeling so good. Walls are closing in on me I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Stop press : I'm about to venture out into the - sunlight- just to hang sheets out. I think I'll just about survive that level of exposure before retreating into my cave. I know I'm contrary to everyone else but I guess I didn't become a goth way back when for nothing #it's not just about black clothes, you know!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading out for a walk

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Stop press : I'm about to venture out into the - sunlight- just to hang sheets out. I

You're doing what now 😮😮!

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Stop press : I'm about to venture out into the - sunlight- just to hang sheets out. I think I'll just about survive that level of exposure before retreating into my cave. I know I'm contrary to everyone else but I guess I didn't become a goth way back when for nothing #it's not just about black clothes, you know!

I get this. On an emotional level it didnt make me happy at all :D

I've totally changed, embraced my curly hair, Im finished with the sporadic fits of unnatural hair colours, and have grown to love my sun-induced freckle explosions and for the first time I like my natural tan. I was porcelain for years. I think being sun avoidant is great for preserving your complection and will start wearing a hat for shade once Ive tanned enough.

I think it's great that there are other gothically inclined women here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Sitting down after a busy work morning spent doing my first online seminar and trying to deal with a student who just can't understand why she's failing despite my very many detailed emails to her. The seminar went very well other than my microphone not working for the first ten minutes (and I definitely checked it was working), students not being able to find the online classroom, time lags, students talking over each other, and the entire online teaching system crashing 35 mins in. Asynchronous teaching it is!

I'm going to watch an episode of Community and eat some toast to recuperate, then I'll head out with the dog. This is such a beautiful country in this weather - evidence in photo from last night's wanderings:

• Advertisement

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Sitting down after a busy work morning spent doing my first online seminar and trying to deal with a student who just can't understand why she's failing despite my very many detailed emails to her. The seminar went very well other than my microphone not working for the first ten minutes (and I definitely checked it was working), students not being able to find the online classroom, time lags, students talking over each other, and the entire online teaching system crashing 35 mins in. Asynchronous teaching it is!

I'm going to watch an episode of Community and eat some toast to recuperate, then I'll head out with the dog. This is such a beautiful country in this weather - evidence in photo from last night's wanderings:

I haven't travelled much so I can't speak from experience but well travelled friends often told me thay the seasons are, or usedto be, more distinct here but also just right.

I get this. On an emotional level it didnt make me happy at all :D

I've totally changed, embraced my curly hair, Im finished with the sporadic fits of unnatural hair colours, and have grown to love my sun-induced freckle explosions and for the first time I like my natural tan. I was porcelain for years. I think being sun avoidant is great for preserving your complection and will start wearing a hat for shade once Ive tanned enough.

I genuinely dislike bright sunny days. I feel physically uncomfortable, can't see and burn within minutes. Also almost guaranteed a migraine even if I wear sunglasses. I've never had a tan in my life, I just freckle more. Still have my freckles and pushing 50. I'm sure it's a throwback from Nordic genes, or something. If only I'd got the long kegs and blonde hair, but no. Dumpy doodle here. I don't even have red hair. I'm one of those weird people who is supposed to have red hair but don't.

Tbh I used to associate summer with something bad so it felt kind of mocking. Im sure that sounds ridiculous but thats the way it was.

I was nearly blonde (strawberry blonde) as a child, the red developed more with age and when my hair grew back after illness. My daughter's curls are now developing strong red glints, I wonder if she will turn fully red haired.

You sound like you have the redhead gene. I forget how it works!

Tbh I used to associate summer with something bad so it felt kind of mocking. Im sure that sounds ridiculous but thats the way it was.

I was nearly blonde (strawberry blonde) as a child, the red developed more with age and when my hair grew back after illness. My daughter's curls are now developing strong red glints, I wonder if she will turn fully red haired.

You sound like you have the redhead gene. I forget how it works!

Yup, my mum's entire family have red hair. I've got the white, freckled skin and green eyes (not happy in strong sunlight, green eyes) In summer my hair would turn dark red, but that's all over now (not all over my body!). The gene has to be present in both parents, so my Dad obviously carries it. I never dyed my hair til my 30s and never any weird colours. Just embraced the clobber and hid behind my (not really red)hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair-side listening to the radio and thinking about how I can’t wait for this lockdown to be over so I can see himself again, been too long!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I genuinely dislike bright sunny days. I feel physically uncomfortable, can't see and burn within minutes. Also almost guaranteed a migraine even if I wear sunglasses. I've never had a tan in my life, I just freckle more. Still have my freckles and pushing 50. I'm sure it's a throwback from Nordic genes, or something. If only I'd got the long kegs and blonde hair, but no. Dumpy doodle here. I don't even have red hair. I'm one of those weird people who is supposed to have red hair but don't.

Show us your kegs! Hope it's proper beer too.

Just out for our walk...went into my daughter's old Room...and spotted her old "Frozen" money box..told he I'd take the fee coppers out and we'd get a tub of Hagen Daz ice-cream....it's been lying there for 5 years......
    €217 inside the fckin thing!!!
    I'll be ateing ice-cream for a month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Just out for our walk...went into my daughter's old Room...and spotted her old "Frozen" money box..told he I'd take the fee coppers out and we'd get a tub of Hagen Daz ice-cream....it's been lying there for 5 years......
    €217 inside the fckin thing!!!
    I'll be ateing ice-cream for a month!!

Panda Killer, money just seems to be following you lately. Pick some lotto numbers, pronto.

Panda Killer, money just seems to be following you lately. Pick some lotto numbers, pronto.

I've found her old "piggy" piggy bank... I shall return with a count!?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not feeling so good. Walls are closing in on me I think.

((Hugs))

Gardenside watching the birds and listening to the neighbors chainsaw

I don't follow?

I don't follow?

Your typo on the original post ;)

Your typo on the original post ;)

Ah, I've only just seen that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, listening to the radio and thinking :)

I eventually made my pancakes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Garden side getting a bit of sun. Planning on making Nutella cupcakes later, a girl I know from town shared the recipe on her Instagram and they look amazing! So that shall be my plan for later, along with a bit of college work.

Got an A1 in one of my essays, which is motivating me to push on and do well with the others I have due :D

Stunning views Bolgbui. Is that rape?

I'm just home and having a much needed mug of tea.

Today I got my Mam's shopping and dropped it to her house on the other side of the city. Then collected her card and the form for the pension. Had to go into the city to the GPO and collect the pension and then to the bank to Lodge it. Machine wasn't working so I had to wait with some others while they fixed it and I could feel myself getting panicky. I just wanted back out into the air and it seemed to take forever and I felt like I was gulping down virus with every breath.

Then went to the chemist to collect the prescriptions and a few other bits but they didn't have all the other bits so got the prescriptions and went to a second chemist. Then realized the first chemist had forgotten part of the prescriptions so had to go back then realised the second chemist had overcharged my mams card by 25 euro so had to go back to that one as well!

Then back over to my Mam's to drop everything off. Quick chat with my parents through the window :(:(:(

And home now with a banging headache. Between the heat and the panic and the sheer volume of people everywhere. Like it was CRAZY! The last day I dropped stuff to my parents house we were stopped four times by the gardai. Today not once and we were all over the place. The shops were packed (as in carparks packed, queues everywhere). The roads were jammers with cars, groups of people walking everywhere. Stopping to chat. Definitely not social distancing. Even people stopping to talk to elderly people with barely a meter between them, nevermind two.

But the most annoying thing I saw was walking back to the car from the bank, I kept my head down and the footpath was COVERED in big, fresh, filthy globs of spit. :( Sick at the best of times, but going around spitting now, you'd have to be total scum!!!!

Ugh sorry that such a long rambly rant. I just thought I'd get it all done quick and painless but it took HOURS and I have the fear now!

Second mug of tea is needed....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed just woke from a nap, it really was a good one

Well BB fair play you definitely deserve that second mug of Tae anyway, your parents are lucky to have a daughter like you *hugs*

did I read that right? You're making more tae? any chance of a cupan Tae seeing as you're making one anyway 😛

Curled up with OH in the hammock.

Time for some wine soon.

Well BB fair play you definitely deserve that second mug of Tae anyway, your parents are lucky to have a daughter like you *hugs*

did I read that right? You're making more tae? any chance of a cupan Tae seeing as you're making one anyway 😛

I started reading that thinking awww that's so nice, what a complimentary thing to......oh wait, I see your game!!!! Cheek of ya!

Alright so...

Here ya go. Lovely mug of tea for you. Go on take a big gulp.

I can't say for sure though if I used the Barry's tea or the Lyons! I'm gone very forgetful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting in garden just had my breakfast (toast and ham) and having a can. Throat is rawwwwwww

Edit. Jam. Jam not ham I’m not an animal eating ham for my breakfast :D

I started reading that thinking awww that's so nice, what a complimentary thing to......oh wait, I see your game!!!! Cheek of ya!

Alright so...

Here ya go. Lovely mug of tea for you. Go on take a big gulp.

I can't say for sure though if I used the Barry's tea or the Lyons! I'm gone very forgetful!

Awww I was being sincere for the first bit 😇 cmere and give me another hug 🤗

As for the second bit.......I'll admit I was being opportunistic 😈 I saw you were making the Tae and so thought I would ask for a cuppa 😈 I'll do it again 👿

:pac:

Seph you will never visit me I think the last cup of tea I made was last year

Seph you will never visit me I think the last cup of tea I made was last year

Coffee :pac:?

Coffee :pac:?

Naw man I’m hyper enough, a certain wherer would vouch, never ever leave me drinking coffee I’d have a softer reaction on heroin :D

Naw man I’m hyper enough, a certain wherer would vouch, never ever leave me drinking coffee I’d have a softer reaction on heroin :D

Better leave the auld v60 and beans at home so :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It would take a gallon of coffee and booster cables to get me going at the moment. Can it be tomorrow soon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement