Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Is it even referred to as hump-day anymore? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've had no idea what day it is for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Morning Wherers!

Currently beside, been awake since 6 lurking around Boards and Reddit catching up on things. I spent most of my evening yesterday starting to watch the series Banshee again. Great show if you like gratuitous violence, sex and bad language in your TV shows! It’s IMDb rating is impressive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That is impressive Dave!. *bookmarks*

That is impressive Dave!. *bookmarks*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning lovely Wherers!
    Hit the hay early and had a dreamy sleep. Doggies delighted to see me … we were a happy bunch heading off for walkies! It’s lovely to see the calves out in the fields and hear birdies chirping happily. Cats with their bellies full very contented too. One thing I’ve noticed since social distancing began, is that all my neighbours have become flashers … instead of stopping to chat, there is an unspoken agreement to flash lights in greeting as we pass in cars. I smile when I see the twinkly lights. Saw my beautiful new niece again yesterday … she looked like an eskimo sunggled up in her warm coat! Adorable! Hope all are keeping well and have a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....So what in the world's come over you
    And what in heaven's name have you done
    You've broken the speed of the sound of loneliness
    You're out there running just to be on the run...

RIP John Prine

Morning all,

The covid has taken John Prine :( - I'm a fan

While I get the reasons, part of me is uncomfortable about these new powers the cops have, it's like turning us into a police state by a government that no longer has a mandate.

In other news it a nice sunny morning but cool just 4C

I think I'll have Weetabix for breakfast as I saw my first swallow yesterday and the summer is in :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Good morning lovely wherers.
    Had a lovely sleep but still struggling a bit with waking think it’s still the after effects of the hour change.
    4 day week in work and looking forward to a 4 day weekend. Might actually get to grips with some of the long finger jobs like weeding and cleaning the floors.
    Porridge and coffee time.

Skedaddle time, it's gone a bit foggy, saves my peepers from the flaring light ball..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Meh! I had a tayto sandwich!

Show off. What I wouldn't give to have a packet of Tayto. Ate my last on St Patrick's Day.
    ....So what in the world's come over you
    And what in heaven's name have you done
    You've broken the speed of the sound of loneliness
    You're out there running just to be on the run...

RIP John Prine

Morning all,

The covid has taken John Prine :( - I'm a fan

Just started to really appreciate him recently. Very sad news.

I am having a struggle day. Have taken an hour out of work to just decompress. My sister, the most amazing, sweetest, smartest, most beautiful person on the planet starts work this week as a volunteer nurse assistant in Edinburgh and I am terrified.

She has a master's in psychology, has worked in some of the most prestigious university research programmes and is doing this coz she can't get a job she wants at the moment.

Please tell me she will be ok? I am so scared of losing the brightest light I have ever known.

My older brother, sister-in-law, some of my best friends and other family members are frontline staff but her volunteering to do this has hit me hardest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Ye won't believe me but I'm here colouring!
    I have an adult colouring book and pencils and I said it might be a big relaxing and pass an hour so here I am :)
    Did some of that myself today, it's very relaxing!
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Oh I have lots of them!
    Very therapeutic.

Morning...deskside with tea no.
    2.☀😄

Free colouring books can be found at archive.org. The ones with an orange book symbol and with no blue “Borrow” bar can get downloaded right away in lots of different formats.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=%27%27coloring%20book%27%27

For the others you have to register with any email address for free and download the free Adobe software. Fits every gadget and is for free as well.

https://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Millions of ‘normal’ books as well. You can “Borrow” up to ten books for a fortnight. The usual limit of five books is waved during corona times. There are audible books, podcasts, films, old magazines, software, old video games and more to explore as well. Like...

https://archive.org/search.php?query=buster%20keaton&and[]=mediatype%3A%22movies%22

If you can spent a bit of money and love birds there is a really nice colouring book i found on twitter.With the code 'BookAndPencils’ you’ll get a 15% discount. Might be an on/offf code.😉

https://twitter.com/carlbovisnature/status/1247452173614669824?s=21

You can order it here.

Ready for tea no. 3 and then back to my fence. Looks more like a few hundred screws instead of a few dozens. 😜

@Witchie All the best luck to your relatives and especially your sister. Utmost respect to all in the front line. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning everyone, hope you're all well. :)

My little activities during the day are keeping me going. Reading, bits of CPD, crocheting, I'm going for my walk every day, I've got podcasts to listen to. What's everyone else been doing?

Currently sitting on the couch with the news on. Will switch it off now and try to keep away from unofficial sources and social media during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Currently watching Eddie Murphy Saturday Night Live
    Still brilliant all these years later... "Hot in the hot tub" !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside ordering more coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Hump Day!!!

Have to get a few bits in the shop and I'll see how many checkpoints I come across :) so far none

Deskside, workside, not a lot going on which is cool :)

Went for my morning stroll this morning, not as nice as yesterday but it did the job!

Tunes - some awful song Apple have for the hold music. It's the 3rd time I have heard it and while i hated the first listen it's starting to grow on me! Kinda like the "Moving" tune Vodafone used years ago, it eventually broke me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coffee ordered, I only had three bags left imagine :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

anewme wrote: »
    Haven't heard from Guy....how's your Mum Guy?
    Very sick regardless of whether she has corona or not. I had a video call with her yesterday, the first time I've actually seen her in ages and she looked very ill. Very pale, shaky and frail along with the cough and breathing issues. It was very sad to see. How is your Dad doing? I hope he is ok.

I'm making my way back through what I have missed, I am sending out hugs and positive wishes to Witchie, Leggy and everyone else too. We will get back to real life hugs with people, we just have to keep up hope and stay positive. No shame at all in self pity or feeling sad, you'd be an unfeeling human being to not be that way at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Mornnnniiing!

Gorgeous day here,

Quick cup of tea and out to see what I can do with what I have, in the absence of garden centres, topsoil, or an intact hoe and spade :D

It's time to Till the SOIL..is it too late to grow tea, coffee and tobacco :D

Just watched a clip of Mr. Ryan of the WHO and I'm left with concerns.

Just 'cause Gemma's paranoid doesnt mean they're not ...!

I am only joking and I don't think anyone should worry or panic, that only hinders thinking anyway, but I think it would be more strange to not have any concerns.

As ever all people can do is look out for each other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Best wishes to your Mum, Guy. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to not be able to be with her now.

Have a viritual hug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside, taking a coffee with toast/honey break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Really nice day here too, I’m about to get up for breakfast, then do a home workout and have a shower :)

About to head out and cut the grass for Ma.
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Really nice day here too,

Great what are we having :-P?

Deskside - famished. Any sambos going???

It's so beautiful here, you could actually tan in the sun today.

I was a bit wistful while out footering in the front garden. Normally during the summer, while I wouldnt expect visitors often, it's always possible someone will unexpectedly pop up...maybe once in 6 weeks. Now of course it probably can't happen. Still, it's a privilege to get to experience days like this.

If anyone wanted to pm me about anything, my messages aren't full now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home office side and thoroughly fed up with this lockdown situation now. Need a dose of enthusiasm. Or strong meds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Another pic from yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

After hearing the most appalling thing this morning. A girl I know approached a man who had a 3 year court order against him for domestic violence trying to create more trouble for the woman who took the order out against him. There are some absolute psychos out there for sure. That’s a certain type of evil.

Anyway, enjoying the sun! Cans, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I enjoy having a nice drink of an evening during this crisis...but if this headline came through it would push me over the edge. Calls to close the off licences.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/off-licences-should-close-during-covid-19-crisis-says-public-health-expert-992613.html

• Advertisement

The wine buff and other places might be allowed to deliver.
    Homebrewing equipment sales went through the roof recently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement