Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

chakademus wrote: »
    Will the kids go back to school before September?
    Hard to say. They might get a few weeks done in May/June or they might not.
    Think countries planning to ease restrictions will show the way on all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is this true?

I'd wait for the CMO to confirm it and not someone on an internet message board.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I personally know a troll.

Haha good one. Troll that's a new one. First I was a bot and a blue shirt. Do continue with your insults please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

froog wrote: »
    rubbish.

Not rubbish. My husband met people in the Gaeltacht who didn't understand English.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

sideswipe wrote: »
    Are you primary or secondary if you don’t mind me asking?

Primary. Would assume it’s the same for both levels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Is this true?

I think that was yesterday. The official number was circa 500 but there was another 600ish that weren't included as they were from old results we got back from Germany.

Yesterday's deaths was 28 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is this true?
    And if it is true, can Beasty please ban anyone that then cries "peak"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

screamer wrote: »
    I just read online 1169 new cases for Ireland and 28 deaths for today......
    lookup ecdc.europa.eu for details

That website is a minefield. Have you a more direct URL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I'm being extremely civil, you've used a snapshot of a total for a year and not a particular time.

It's people like me who... are voltunterting their time to help. So please do continue

Did you click the link? It was Q1 figures.

So you are not being paid? You should take that up with management.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

walshb wrote: »
    Go way ouha that. I am as Irish as anyone, and this flogging a completely dead language is bordering on ludicrous..

What’s so difficult for you to understand about answering in Irish and your language?

• Advertisement

Did you click the link? It was Q1 figures.

So you are not being paid? You should take that up with management.

What are you on about. I'm working a normal job and volunteering my spare time to help in community groups etc.

Thanks for your concern though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any webcams at Dublin Port to see what's coming off Stena Adventurer and Ulysses right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Not rubbish. My husband met people in the Gaeltacht who didn't understand English.

they understood, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think it's good that Irish is spoken now and again at the press conferences.

It's a lovely language and doesn't do anyone any harm :)

There are bigger issues to be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Nobody buys it anymore, you mean you dont, even though theres Irish citizens being brought home from India amongst other counties up until 2 days ago and still coming. Look up the department of foreign affairs if you want.

I personally know of an aer lingus flight from london that had a grand total of 4 people on it and all 4 were medical staff coming home. That flight came in yesterday. No British holiday makers.

You've absolutely nothing to back up your tinfoil hat theories

Tinfoil hat theories? What are you on about?

I'm talking about gross incompetency. A deliberate conspiracy is well beyond our government.

You also don't get that the 4 medical staff have to isolate for 2 weeks first before they can work otherwise they risk infecting their colleagues as happened when a doctor returned from abroad to work in Cork and 60 of his colleagues had to be isolated at home.

You seem to struggle with basic stuff like this.

All those on ferries from the UK medical staff too? Of course they aren't.

Some of what you peddle is irresponsible at best and downright dangerous at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,049 ✭✭✭✭walshb

froog wrote: »
    they understood, trust me.

Exactly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

No change to current situation until May 5th, that's it.
    is_that_so wrote: »
    3 more weeks of restrictions, LC out to July/August.

That's it?

Nothing about when they see an end to the first wave?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

No it is not.

The ignorance shown towards the national language is startling at times.
    walshb wrote: »
    Go way ouha that. I am as Irish as anyone, and this flogging a completely dead language is bordering on ludicrous..

Nothing to do with ignorance towards the national language.
    This is just virtue signalling at the wrong time, I'm sure the people on the podium have better things to do.

As for the potentially 0.001% of people in the country that can't understand English, I'm sure someone nearby can explain it to them instead of repeating it on here. As someone mentioned already, TG4 is there, and they can translate the whole thing for this minority if they wish!

I'm not anti-Irish language btw. Just some common sense though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Haha good one. Troll that's a new one. First I was a bot and a blue shirt. Do continue with your insults please.

Why don’t we agree to disagree on everything? We clearly do. Logic isn’t your strong suit. You are saying a 95% reduction is great but yet the current 5% is fake news. You are mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,049 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What about garden centres and DIY?

Are they open, allowed, not discouraged?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Is this true?

Yes, it's true, this is what was on the ecdc website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

What happens when lock down ends? it's not going away is it .....you can slow it perhaps, how many recurring lock downs

At what point does the realization dawn that we have to learn to live with it (some won't obviously) because it is not going to disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    That's it?

Nothing about when they see an end to the first wave?
    That's it. Just follow the daily briefings/numbers for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭blackcard

It will be interesting to see how history looks back on this crisis and compares it to other struggles that Ireland has been through and to sacrifices that were made.

In fairness, a large majority of the population has been prepared to put their shoulder to the wheel and take the economic and social hits.

Some are putting their own health at risk and it is likely that some of these will make the ultimate sacrifice

There are others who are being asked to stay 2 metres apart who won't do this

#musthangoutwithmymates#faketanneededtoppingup#partytime#mustgotothebeach#barbequeweather#tisonlyauldladsaredying

Tinfoil hat theories? What are you talking about?

I'm talking about gross incompetency. A deliberate conspiracy is well beyond our government.

You also don't get that the 4 medical staff have to isolate for 2 weeks first before they can work otherwise they risk infecting their colleagues as happened when a doctor returned from abroad to work in Cork and 60 of his colleagues had to be isolated at home.

You seem to struggle with basic stuff like this.

All those on ferries from the UK medical staff too? Of course they aren't.

Some of what you peddle is irresponsible at best and downright dangerous at worst.

How do I not get that they have to isolate ?? I know they do, they're all in hotel rooms near the airport and have applications done and will work on the frontline in 2 weeks time.

What I post is what's been said at the press conferences and what I personally know so that's not dangerous. What you post is pure conspiracy theories, where are you backing up your brits on holiday claim ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Rent a car companies are doing non contactless prick up off cars from dublin airport - don’t even have to talk to anyone.

As for people coming home - there are people who planned to move back home for good and things take time to organise - for instance if your have a pet - it takes time to get documents in place.

Maybe some people were tying to organise their affairs before returning to ireland.

Yep, I know somebody who moved back to Ireland in the last few weeks. He didn't want to do it at this time but had to for myriad reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

515 and 28 deaths was yesterday its a day behind. we reported 500 because we report up to a different time. The 1169 is up to 9am today and that includes tests from germany
    soayXDa.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Is this true?

Yes it's true, there's an excel spreadsheet with all the cases and deaths and dates of each country on the ecdc website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Rent a car companies are doing non contactless prick up off cars from dublin airport - don’t even have to talk to anyone.

As for people coming home - there are people who planned to move back home for good and things take time to organise - for instance if your have a pet - it takes time to get documents in place.

Maybe some people were tying to organise their affairs before returning to ireland.

Whatever their motives for coming here it invalidates the lockdown. Italian flight situation all over again.

You think some people would learn?

Lockdown until vaccine it is so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Could be if we got a tranche back from Germany? But i think they might be spread out over the days they were due?

Anyway due to this issue, case numbers are irrelevant for the time being which makes moving forward difficult.

We need fast turn around tests to get life back to normality. Really we actually need a instant test centre in each village in Ireland. We need to go for a test like we are going to work and a text message or push notification result type, then enforced 2 week isolation.

This can be managed but it needs a few months planning and good apps need to be created.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement