Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

froog wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0408/1129265-covid-clusters-ireland/

"The number of clusters of coronavirus in nursing homes has more than doubled since the weekend.

Figures released today show there are now 86 nursing home outbreaks, while on Saturday the figure was 40.
    "

what the actual ****??
    We really need an infectious disease and control expert czar. Whose only job is to get the nursing home infections of staff and patients under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Here's a verbatim quote:

“They’ve been wrong about a lot of things, And they had a lot of information early and they didn’t want to – they seemed to be very China centric. They called it wrong, they called it wrong. They missed the call. They could have called it months earlier. They would have known and they should have known and they probably did know. So we’ll be looking into that very carefully and we’re going to put a hold on money spent to the WHO. We’re going to put a very powerful hold on it and we’re going to see. It’s a great thing if it works but when they call every shot wrong, it’s not good.”

He then immediately denied having said the above while again saying he would cut funding:

“No, I didn’t, I said we’re going to look at it. We’re going to investigate it, we’re going to look at it. But we will look at ending funding, yeah, because you know what, they called it wrong, and if you look back over the years even, everything seems to be very biased toward China. That’s not right.”

Does everyone else read it in Trump's voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,017 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^^^ again, one of the very last people on the fücking planet you’d have wanted in such a position of critical responsibility and leadership during a planet wide crisis like we are enduring. Him and his supporters are really being shown up for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Here's a verbatim quote:

“They’ve been wrong about a lot of things, And they had a lot of information early and they didn’t want to – they seemed to be very China centric. They called it wrong, they called it wrong. They missed the call. They could have called it months earlier. They would have known and they should have known and they probably did know. So we’ll be looking into that very carefully and we’re going to put a hold on money spent to the WHO. We’re going to put a very powerful hold on it and we’re going to see. It’s a great thing if it works but when they call every shot wrong, it’s not good.”

He then immediately denied having said the above while again saying he would cut funding:

“No, I didn’t, I said we’re going to look at it. We’re going to investigate it, we’re going to look at it. But we will look at ending funding, yeah, because you know what, they called it wrong, and if you look back over the years even, everything seems to be very biased toward China. That’s not right.”

In a situation where the world should be trying to come together for each others benefit, this arse is trying to seek some sort of political gain.

There is something very, very, wrong with him and the party he currently leads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have to say I'm getting more concerned at the level of adherence to the restrictions, this weekend could be a mess if this good weather lasts.

I admit I'm getting a little bored of the situation now but we just need to keep doing the right things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Affected areas orders
    31B (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Minister may, having regard to the matters specified in section 31A(2), by order declare an area or region in the State to be an area where there is known or thought to be sustained human transmission of Covid-19 or from which there is a high risk of importation of infection or contamination with Covid-19 by travel from that area (in this Act referred to as an “affected areas order”).

What areas or regions have been declared “affected areas”?

If all areas and regions have been declared “affected areas”, where might I find a copy of that order?
    Thursday's Iris Oifigiúil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

voluntary wrote: »
    I think first we should start by lifting restrictions on religious gatherings. Open them up for 2-3 weeks and see what happens.

"And see what happens" ???? I'll tell you what would happen, given the the age demographic would be older than average you could see it bouncing back with a vengeance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Lwaker. wrote: »
    So I don't need the GP

The pharmacy should just.extend.it?

It's.for a.routine.type of medicine

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/cf9b0d-new-public-health-measures-effective-now-to-prevent-further-spread-o/#health-services

Says they can use their judgement:
    "pharmacists are to be allowed by law to dispense medicines outside the dates spelled out in prescriptions according to their own professional judgement"

I'd say ring if you can get through

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

So the Italians care for their elderly relatives at home, and in Ireland we send them to nursing homes.

I still think we’re going to see a large increase in both cases and deaths in the coming week.

Tony EH wrote: »
    In a situation where the world should be trying to come together for each others benefit, this arse is trying to seek some sort of political gain.

There is something very, very, wrong with him and the party he currently leads.

There is zero point, in a world leader, wasting time standing in front of a microphone laying into China. If China are to blame, fûck it it’s happened. The response now that’s needed from him is to do what he was paid to do, elected to do... LEAD, make decisions with the US and the health of it in prime position.

If you’ve time to be standing up there for the 7th time slagging off China you can be sitting back in solitude, using that ‘presidential’ brain to try and come up with more solutions using cooperation as opposed to divisive words and actions....

Really being badly shown up. Not a good person, not a leader, not needed in this difficult time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,108 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Leaving Certificate...

Will it won’t it?

Anyone any details on it? I know they want it to go ahead, but how can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,108 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strumms wrote: »
    There is zero point, in a world leader, wasting time standing in front of a microphone laying into China. If China are to blame, fûck it it’s happened. The response now that’s needed from him is to do what he was paid to do, elected to do... LEAD, make decisions with the US and the health of it in prime position.

If you’ve time to be standing up there for the 7th time slagging off China you can be sitting back in solitude, using that ‘presidential’ brain to try and come up with more solutions using cooperation as opposed to divisive words and actions....

Really being badly shown up. Not a good person, not a leader, not needed in this difficult time.

He really is a horror.

Never lets up trying to be divisive and hostile and controversial...

Odd peculiar man. And very dangerous..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

walshb wrote: »

Will it won’t it?

It's going ahead "by hook, or by crook"... apparently. Nothing is certain in the current circumstances... except exams. Add them to the old saying about death and taxes as the only certainty in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

He really is a horror.

Never lets up trying to be divisive and hostile and controversial...

He’s the only person that I wouldn’t mind hearing of the virus killing him. Hate to say it but it’s true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,202 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I think first we should start by lifting restrictions on religious gatherings. Open them up for 2-3 weeks and see what happens.

be sure and pass the basket around

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Whilst there are more people out and about today I cant see there being much of an issue, it's more our medium term normality.

Most people out on streets are sticking with family unit 99% of time and most are keeping to the 2m distance when passing.

The chances of you catching the virus while walking by someone outdoors is extremely slim.

Think people overeacting just because people are out in their gardens or going for walks to parks etc. It's not a major source of spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

be sure and pass the basket around
    Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Big day today. If the new cases fall again, we must have peaked. If we drop 20 cases a day, we will have <10 new cases in 17 days.

We need to wait until zero cases or the last death, whichever is later plus fourteen days before anything can start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,327 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Will it won’t it?

I'm hearing that most countries in Europe have cancelled early summer exams.

We are one of the few countries that have formal state exams though and don't have ongoing assessment. It's a tricky situation.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

old_aussie wrote: »
    To STOP CONFUSION,

This thread should be renamed the Donald TRUMP thread!

FFS I thought it was about Covid-19

Just did a search - he had not been mentioned in the 8 and a half hours before you decided to do so

There have been 7 mentions in the 2 and a half hours since you posted it. If you don't want to be part of discussions mentioning him, may I suggest you don't mention him yourself:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Or what about a big conference for immunocompromised people in the RDS?

#IMMUNO2020

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

I have to say I'm getting more concerned at the level of adherence to the restrictions, this weekend could be a mess if this good weather lasts.

I admit I'm getting a little bored of the situation now but we just need to keep doing the right things.
    Ministerial Order should have been signed and published last week.

Giving the Gardaí a chance to to work out and disseminate policy implementation to rank and file, so that they could clamp down hard on relatively low numbers at start of week.

Get message out so people less inclined to take risks at weekend.

Afraid government havering and dithering will have the gGardaí in an untenable position at the weekend.

Apparently it was sight of people on local green areas over last weekend not the danger of spreading to unaffected holiday home areas that swung the reluctant majority of the Cabinet,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Ok I'm not saying your wrong but for arguments sake who decides if its necessary ?
    My parents are old and can't really use a phone so I call over to make sure they are ok , Also they may need it for there mental health ,

If your parents are so ill/old etc. that they cant use a phone in an emergency. why are they living alone in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I don't think the forecast for the weekend is anything to write home about, lots of cloud and some rain not huge amounts of sun, at least that's what I'm seeing, had been planning to do a bit of outside painting (think I might start it now).
    My concern though is that even for those still working, many have put in for next week off, there's an idea that these special restrictions are only in place until Sunday so the will think they can go travelling after than. I think most of us agree that there are going to be little change to the restrictions next week and I'm not sure if I agree with waiting until Friday or Saturday to make a call on it.

He really is a horror.

This, My OH is a psychologist and a friend too and they are seriously doubting his psychological health and wellbeing.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Big day today. If the new cases fall again, we must have peaked. If we drop 20 cases a day, we will have <10 new cases in 17 days.
    Seriously? How can you draw such a conclusion? Are you seeing information not in the public domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

We need to wait until zero cases or the last death, whichever is later plus fourteen days before anything can start again.

That just isn't socially or economically possible. And even if it was, then what? Close all the borders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

828 hospital deaths in England in the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

shocksy wrote: »
    828 hospital deaths in England in the past 24 hours.

God that's horrendous...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

England +828
    Scotland +70
    Wales +33
    Northern Ireland +5
    UK +936

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement