Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahv Lahn, De WashYerHandz Edition so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

God all bloody mighty. He’s completely delusional. At best, he’s a second rate broadcaster. The article portrays him as some sort of exceptional human being.

Common sense gone out of the window!! The lunatic is running the asylum. Please tell me this article is a wind up

Please!

There was also an article he had on rte.ie during the week, I've noticed sometimes some rte lifers go through spells of doing a lot of interviews with a few papers/sites in a short burst of time. K. Thomas and Huberman for example, i do wonder is it some coordinated effort organised by their agent (Noel Kelly) for some reason? I've no background in media but its just something I've noticed.

Noel Kelly just has to be behind this publicity sh1te of biblical proportions. He simply must have the photos off someone with the donkey! Joe Duffy couldn’t hold a job down with a professional broadcaster of any description, let alone the beeb or CNN.

I really do despair.

Good timing!

PieOhMy wrote: »
    There was also an article he had on rte.ie during the week, I've noticed sometimes some rte lifers go through spells of doing a lot of interviews with a few papers/sites in a short burst of time. K. Thomas and Huberman for example, i do wonder is it some coordinated effort organised by their agent (Noel Kelly) for some reason? I've no background in media but its just something I've noticed.

Absolutely-bloody-lutely

I know virtually nothing of this “meeja world”, but the little I do know is that it is close-knit to the point of incestuousness, and it trades on gossip and innuendo.

And the last thing it is, is real and factual. Noel Kelly works behind the scenes - we see the output, with no residual fingerprints left for CSI Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

THat puff piece makes me want to puke. It's one of those "because I'm worth it" features these magazines and newspapers do. Tubbs , Darcy , Meeeriam, KT etc, all do them. Keep the profile up.

We're an Island. It won't come here.

Even if it does come, it won't kill us.

All the time, flights were coming in from all over North Italy and China and other places.

Next thread title suggestion:

"Robbie was right"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭furiousox

sligojoek wrote: »
    .....we're an Island. It won't come here.
    Even if it does come, it won't kill us......

Did he really say that on air?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    Did he really say that on air?

He said it alright. He was also laughing and giggling along with a 70+ year old woman and her even older husband driving around to look at the daffodils after the stay at home directive was issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Joe sitting in his plush gaf painting? And writing a Celtic Tiger crime book? Is there no end to this chunky midgets ego? Its gotten out of control. What next? Duffys's Circus more like!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’ve worked over 40hours over the last 3 days. I sit down to relax and and have a little break-een from the stuff I’ve seen over the last 3 days. First I read the latest puff piece on Mr. Duffy and I can feel my plss boiling. Then I read he now likes ‘Paths To Freedom’.

I couldn’t feel any worse right now, so to speak.

Thank heavens I am now 100% clear of all Covid symptoms, and I am hopeful I have plenty of lovely antibodies, at least for some time:)

However when I tell people I am out the other side of it the look of terror is something to behold. One young couple came up close to me and I told them to back off. They literally ran. As yet I think people haven’t encountered anyone who has had a case of it. For some reason people think it’s very painful, when in fact influenza far betters it in that department. It’s the air exchange in the lungs where it does most of its mischief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I’ve worked over 40hours over the last 3 days. I sit down to relax and and have a little break-een from the stuff I’ve seen over the last 3 days. First I read the latest puff piece on Mr. Duffy and I can feel my plss boiling. Then I read he now likes ‘Paths To Freedom’.

I couldn’t feel any worse right now, so to speak.
    I raised a sceptical eyebrow at the mention of paths to freedom I must say.. Must be something more to it follow the money old boy follow the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Thank heavens I am now 100% clear of all Covid symptoms, and I am hopeful I have plenty of lovely antibodies, at least for some time:)

However when I tell people I am out the other side of it the look of terror is something to behold. One young couple came up close to me and I told them to back off. They literally ran. As yet I think people haven’t encountered anyone who has had a case of it. For some reason people think it’s very painful, when in fact influenza far betters it in that department. It’s the air exchange in the lungs where it does most of its mischief.

Good to hear you are out the other side, so to speak.......Well done, well done.
    I assume you will be ringing the Lavhloin next week?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Good to hear you are out the other side, so to speak.......Well done, well done.
    I assume you will be ringing the Lavhloin next week?

The mention of being at my worst part (SPO2 82% per pulse oximeter) in the desert with only dirt roads for hours, no medical services, never mind ambliances or ventilators, would have him salivating at de terror of possible impending death. It just shows, though, if you originally have good lung capacity it is possible to recover from a potentially dangerous state without intervention...though I wouldn’t recommend it.

My lovely balcony with a view has provided great solace whilst I was unwell & self isolating. In summer it gets just toooo hot sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

My lovely balcony with a view has provided great solace whilst I was unwell & self isolating. In summer it gets just toooo hot sometimes.

Glad to see you're on the mend. Does that plant in the centre of the photograph in the metal support have maroon flowers ?

If it does would you know the name of it. I have one the same that flowers with dainty little maroon flowers. It's very delicate.

I’ve just realised I’ve worked twice as many hours in the last 3 days as his majesty does in a month. I actually feel physically sick.

Are you getting a break today BS?

I thought of you today when I was talking to a friend of mine on the Isle of Wight. She was telling me about her father buying a new two door Mercedes a few months before he died and now it's hers. My eyes and ears lit up and asked her was it a CLK 200 or an SL 350 or a full blown AMG V12 twin turbo.

"Ummm. It's silver."

sligojoek wrote: »
    Are you getting a break today BS?

I thought of you today when I was talking to a friend of mine on the Isle of Wight. She was telling me about her father buying a new two door Mercedes a few months before he died and now it's hers. My eyes and ears lit up and asked her was it a CLK 200 or an SL 350 or a full blown AMG V12 twin turbo.

"Ummm. It's silver."

De wimmin and de vehicles eh?

I’m in twoday so to speak, so imagine my joy at being awake at 4:07 and dat? Thankfully, the knowledge dat Mr. Duffy is resting is both reassuring and comforting so to speak, not to mention inspiring. I thank him for his service.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I’m in twoday so to speak, so imagine my joy at being awake at 4:07 and dat? Thankfully, the knowledge dat Mr. Duffy is resting is both reassuring and comforting so to speak, not to mention inspiring. I thank him for his service.

H mmm.... other dark clouds infesting the airwaves as usual on Bank Holiday.

Unfortunately most of us are confined to an extent...........

Wimmens and ve-hickles, eh. I’ll have you know this wimmens knows her way around an internal combustion engine. Was made service me faaaader’s Ford Consul as a yung ‘un. Me faaader’s mudder drove cars (in the 30s) when her husband didn’t. My mother did her own industrial sewing machine repairs, she fitted in ports to my new very expensive compewter in 1995, well before days of USB ports. Her mudder did all the electrical work around the house, her faaader not having a clue about such things.

I knew a woman who used to service aircraft during WW2. Nothing in women, apart from culture, that would stop them being versatile at all dat. In fact I would have done mechanical drawing for leaving very had that been made available. For sheer fun I have looked at the exam papers, was a natural for it.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Glad to see you're on the mend. Does that plant in the centre of the photograph in the metal support have maroon flowers ?

If it does would you know the name of it. I have one the same that flowers with dainty little maroon flowers. It's very delicate.

Mena, it’s Clematis Alpina Blue Dancer, a beautiful flower https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/77762/Clematis-Blue-Dancer-(A)/Details. I also have a Blue Moon rose on the balcony in addition to my olive tree that actually produces olives. There’s another small purple rose on one of the rail pots, a grape vine that doesn’t produce grapes , a white pineapple flavoured strawberry, lovage, chamomile, rosemary and catmint for de cat. Lotta purple flowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I’ve just realised I’ve worked twice as many hours in the last 3 days as his majesty does in a month. I actually feel physically sick.

Thank you for your service.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Thank you for your service.

If you’re being serious Brian, you’re welcome. You’ll understand that I am however somewhat skeptical given our past?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

You're clearly not accounting for all the "research" he does. Trawling through rip.ie and phoning up old ego massaging mates doesn't just happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Mena, it’s Clematis Alpina Blue Dancer, a beautiful flower https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/77762/Clematis-Blue-Dancer-(A)/Details. I also have a Blue Moon rose on the balcony in addition to my olive tree that actually produces olives. There’s another small purple rose on one of the rail pots, a grape vine that doesn’t produce grapes , a white pineapple flavoured strawberry, lovage, chamomile, rosemary and catmint for de cat. Lotta purple flowers.

Thanks Cat, I may have been mistaken. It looked very like a plant I have and didn't know the name of. When mine flowers it's maroon like the colour of the Galway jersey. I can't remember where I got it or if somebody gave it to me. Thanks for replying.

Thats a gorgeous view!

So out of boredom as I sat in solitude in the hospital the other day on my break I entered the on-pack Coca Cola comp and won a Sky Sports Day Pass for Now TV. If anyone would like it drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Aha! you do have Skoiy Sports! Typical Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Eh, seeing as the Ciara Kelly thread is closed, does anyone know why she isn't hosting today? :/

Edit: Oh it is Ciara, she just sounds completely different.

withless wrote: »
    Aha! you do have Skoiy Sports! Typical Joe.

And a power shower as well, no doubt.

• Advertisement

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Thanks Cat, I may have been mistaken. It looked very like a plant I have and didn't know the name of. When mine flowers it's maroon like the colour of the Galway jersey. I can't remember where I got it or if somebody gave it to me. Thanks for replying.

The maroon clematis’ are really nice too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement