Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahv Lahn, De WashYerHandz Edition so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's good, to be fair. I heard it before.

Hardly fitting for this time of a good Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

fairly interesting so far in fairness. better than an almost live death from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

But what??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

How come Liveline is not on a Good Friday. It's not a public holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Tried to listen to this podcast few weeks back but lasted about 30 minutes. Far too drawn out. Pretty rubish really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

pinkyeye wrote: »
    How come Liveline is not on a Good Friday. It's not a public holiday?

Wait until 3pm and D'Arcy will be on giving out about working today when he spends the other days on the year giving out about the Catholic Church

An advert for Lahvlahn is as near as it gets to de show. We have to wait until Tuesday for next live death show.

Strapped for cash RTE and the only ad after the 1pm news is for Lahv-Line - which isn't on.

Anytime I think I'm bad with money I think of RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Jeez, that Crime documentary about the London Underground murderer that replaced Lavhline is even more confusing that Joe's usual ramblings. Did Kelly murder people or was the former policeman who wrote the book a complete fantasist? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Jeez, that Crime documentary about the London Underground murderer that replaced Lavhline is even more confusing that Joe's usual ramblings. Did Kelly murder people or was the former policeman who wrote the book a complete fantasist? :confused:

Exactly. Biggest load of coddswallop i ever listened to. Garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Three more weeks of holidays til 05 May
    Woohooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Exactly. Biggest load of coddswallop i ever listened to. Garbage.

I wouldn’t listen to the podcasts from any of Da Lahv Lahn shows from the last 2 weeks then.....

I submitted an idea for Documentary on 1, but I kind of know why they rejected ted it, because although the DJ he f is interesting it would be hard to fill a whole radio show out of it. My mother’s parents, Chris Cornwall & Annie Scott, lived on humble Morehampton Terrace in Donnybrook, beside Marlborough Road. Annie’s father was a well-known architect of his time, Anthony Scott, who was living not to far away in his later years at Dartmouth Square. He designed many ecclesiastical & municipal buildings but also designed plenty of humble houses for the local authorities and for his daughters to earn their own money in the time of women not being allowed to work, including Morehampton Terrace. He gave his daughters the houses to live in and/rent. Annie owned next door, no. 33, where De Valera was her tenant, and Chris especially had great sympathies with his political cause.

He had his American birth certificate hidden under carpet of the 8th step of the stairs. When De Valera was in Kilmainham Gaol, Chris and Mrs De Valeta went out in the dark after curfew, wheeling a pram. I think one of the De Valera children may have been in the pram, but it could have been a doll, my mother was unsure which. Hidden in the pram was Dev’s birth certificate, which was handed over to Frank Aiken by the US Consulate on Adelaide Road, about 20 mi utes walk away. My cousin, who is a retired ambassador, would have been an excellent speaker on radio, another cousin would have been particularly good too and no strangers to media, I would have done my bit too. The trick would have been to fluff it out with background history but it is a little snippet of detail in the history of our state. We even had De Valera’s will in my house when I was growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I submitted an idea for Documentary on 1, but I kind of know why they rejected ted it, because although the DJ he f is interesting it would be hard to fill a whole radio show out of it. My mother’s parents, Chris Cornwall & Annus Scott, lived on humble Morehampton Terrace in Donnybrook, beside Marlborough Road. Annie’s father was a well-known architect of his time, Anthony Scott, who was living not to far away in his later years at Dartmouth Square. He designed many ecclesiastical & municipal buildings but also designed plenty of humble houses for the local authorities and for his daughters to earn their own money in the time of women not being allowed to work, including Morehampton Terrace. He gave his daughters the houses to live in and/rent. Annie owned next door, no. 33, where De Valera was her tenant, and Chris especially had great sympathies with his political cause.

He had his American birth certificate hidden under carpet of the 8th step of the stairs. When De Valera was in Kilmainham Gaol, Chris and Mrs De Valeta went out in the dark after curfew, wheeling a pram. I think one of the De Valera children may have been in the pram, but it could have been a doll, my mother was unsure which. Hidden in the pram was Dev’s birth certificate, which was handed over to Frank Aiken by the US Consulate on Adelaide Road, about 20 mi utes walk away. My cousin, who is a retired ambassador, would have been an excellent speaker on radio, another cousin would have been particularly good too and no strangers to media, I would have done my bit too. The trick would have been to fluff it out with background history but it is a little snippet of detail in the history of our state. We even had De Valera’s will in my house when I was growing up.

I'm sure a well-known telephone jockey ahem.. presenter of matters of public interest could take an interest, especially if they all doyed in mysterious or horrible ways. So to speak, as it were, kind of thing.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

What colour was the pram?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I submitted an idea for Documentary on 1, but I kind of know why they rejected ted it, because although the DJ he f is interesting it would be hard to fill a whole radio show out of it. My mother’s parents, Chris Cornwall & Annus Scott, lived on humble Morehampton Terrace in Donnybrook, beside Marlborough Road. Annie’s father was a well-known architect of his time, Anthony Scott, who was living not to far away in his later years at Dartmouth Square. He designed many ecclesiastical & municipal buildings but also designed plenty of humble houses for the local authorities and for his daughters to earn their own money in the time of women not being allowed to work, including Morehampton Terrace. He gave his daughters the houses to live in and/rent. Annie owned next door, no. 33, where De Valera was her tenant, and Chris especially had great sympathies with his political cause.

As 'doc on one's go it could have been called 'The pram and the 8th step' I'd have been hooked by the title alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,284 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I submitted an idea for Documentary on 1, but I kind of know why they rejected ted it, because although the DJ he f is interesting it would be hard to fill a whole radio show out of it. My mother’s parents, Chris Cornwall & Annie Scott, lived on humble Morehampton Terrace in Donnybrook, beside Marlborough Road. Annie’s father was a well-known architect of his time, Anthony Scott, who was living not to far away in his later years at Dartmouth Square. He designed many ecclesiastical & municipal buildings but also designed plenty of humble houses for the local authorities and for his daughters to earn their own money in the time of women not being allowed to work, including Morehampton Terrace. He gave his daughters the houses to live in and/rent. Annie owned next door, no. 33, where De Valera was her tenant, and Chris especially had great sympathies with his political cause.

Jaysus...!

That’s all I can say.........JAysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Genghis

A portrait of an Artist (novelist, historian, broadcaster, intellectual) as a 62-year-old young man.

Doing the nation some duty.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/joe-duffy-liveline-mother-coronavirus-21848090?utm_source

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

You left out “painter”

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Genghis wrote: »
    A portrait of an Artist (novelist, historian, broadcaster, intellectual) as a 62-year-old young man.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/joe-duffy-liveline-mother-coronavirus-21848090?utm_source

Is he the only person in the country whose elderly (amazingly 92 is elderly when it suits him) is cocooned at home alone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

God knows what he thinks financial croime is. My key take away point from the article is also that he considers himself young at 64 and his mother elderly at 92 so at some point inbetwixt people do a lot of growing up.

"He also admits that he is writing a Celtic Tiger crime novel which he hopes to finish before the crisis ends.

“When I go home, I cocoon with the family and I have started writing a crime novel to keep my creativity going,” he says.

“I had it on the backburner for a couple of years and I thought the time was here to finish it.

“I started reading back on it the other day and I called a friend of mine and I came away from the phone conversation with the opinion that if my book is ever published, it will be a crime - it was so bad!

“So, I needed to start again but I love it and it is based around white collar crime in the Celtic Tiger and the financial crash."

And also a nixer giving maths grinds to red top hacks?

"This year is something of a landmark for the broadcaster who will be in the chair for twenty years, having taken over from Marian Finucane in 1990."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Visiting the deceased beforehand. I bet they tried to block the door.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Genghis

jelutong wrote: »
    You left out “painter”

Oh no, I chose Artist quite deliberately. "Painter" could be a humble decorator. I'd say the great man would say he is a humble artist.

Duffy giving Maths grinds?

And what he does being National Service, so to speak, rather than a job. Foook me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Truely we are blessed to have this sainted man walk amongst us at this most trying of times surely the aras beckons for this Saint lest a great injustice be done

Truely we are blessed to have this sainted man walk amongst us at this most trying of times surely the aras beckons for this Saint lest a great injustice be done

He reminds me quite a bit of CJ Haughey, only the latter had genuine intellect.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

“I started reading back on it the other day and I called a friend of mine and I came away from the phone conversation with the opinion that if my book is ever published, it will be a crime - it was so bad!

If wit was sh1t he'd be constipated.

He's going to get serious mileage out of that line before he's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

sligojoek wrote: »
    If wit was sh1t he'd be constipated.

He's going to get serious mileage out of that line before he's finished.

Another version of the Solphadine line

God all bloody mighty. He’s completely delusional. At best, he’s a second rate broadcaster. The article portrays him as some sort of exceptional human being.

Common sense gone out of the window!! The lunatic is running the asylum. Please tell me this article is a wind up

Please!

At least the three twins got a mention. :D

• Advertisement

Noel Kelly just has to be behind this publicity sh1te of biblical proportions. He simply must have the photos off someone with the donkey! Joe Duffy couldn’t hold a job down with a professional broadcaster of any description, let alone the beeb or CNN.

I really do despair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement