Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

As is the other social myth, the housing crisis.

Maybe take the politics elsewhere. The housing situation is not really relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

As is the other social myth, the housing crisis.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Just saw the sky news reporter showing what it was like getting into china. (Testing and 14 quarantine), I can't see global travel getting anywhere near back to normal until a vaccine/instant testing is sorted. Social distancing will also be the new norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Between Trump, Boris and that idiot in Belarus. There are some very silly people in power. You would wonder how the fook they have got so far.

Just seen a clip of Belarus president on the news. What a clown.
    An ability to manipulate the even greater idiots who elected them.

• Site Banned Posts: 93 ✭✭Marsden35

Just saw the sky news reporter showing what it was like getting into china. (Testing and 14 quarantine), I can't see global travel getting anywhere near back to normal until a vaccine/instant testing is sorted. Social distancing will also be the new norm.

China called nations "racist" when they said Chinese tourists had to go into quarantine before entering.

When Israel put a halt on flights from China, the Chinese foreign minister said this was just how the Jews were treated in the Holocaust.

Now China is closing its borders to foreign nationals.

Lies, hypocrisy and more lies from the CCP.

Bring manufacturing home! no more reliance on communist dictatorships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

LETS ALL TRY TO HELP THIS GUY !

What islands are close by and what countries' jurisdiction are they part of ? - lots of embassies around Dublin 2 / Dublin 4

Members of the sailing/yachting community may be able to assist, anyone know where there's a busy sailing/yachting forum ?

Googling "Ireland, Sailing, Yachting" should return a few national/international clubs and/or associations

Minister for Sports ?

Irish shipping companies ?

Irish Navy ?

Let's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Fair city seems to be having the best fun. Pubs open and everything.

It's a parallel universe, haven't you noticed? 😋

What islands are close by and what countries' jurisdiction are they part of ? - lots of embassies around Dublin 2 / Dublin 4

Members of the sailing/yachting community may be able to assist, anyone know where there's a busy sailing/yachting forum ?

Googling "Ireland, Sailing, Yachting" should return a few national/international clubs and/or associations

Minister for Sports ?

Irish Navy ?

He's Dutch so I sent him contact details of the embassies in that area. Hopefully something will work out. Pretty bad to not be able to dock properly and get supplies etc. Him and his girlfriend are at this moment illegally in a country that wouldn't let them in. I'm sure he tried everything as the place he's in now he described as his last hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

bekker wrote: »
    An ability to manipulate the even greater idiots who elected them.

100% agree

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Eh the second one.

Trolley crisis showing to be just Wasters turning up with a cold or pissed.

Arse holes.

For flip sake. Engage your brain would you?

You're honestly painful. Absolute doctrinaire wingnut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Let's not.

You are not the law. If verified, it's only right to help someone in need. It's not their fault that we're experiencing a pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Minister for Sports ?

Irish Navy ?

The post doesn't confirm the person's nationality - is he talking about an Irish citizen?

Edit :

Disregard ---- the thread moves too fast, by the time I had asked this question he was confirmed as Dutch. Irish contacts won't be much use to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Todays case count pretty irrelevant due to lack of testing kits .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

How much of a lag is there between testing and releasing the numbers? Saw comments earlier saying that people are waiting 2 weeks for results. Any truth to that? Are we looking at 2 week old figures from the HSE every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Ger Roe wrote: »
    The post doesn't confirm the person's nationality - is he talking about an Irish citizen?

You're right, think he just says European but some of what I suggested might still apply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Marsden35 wrote: »
    China called nations "racist" when they said Chinese tourists had to go into quarantine before entering.

When Israel put a halt on flights from China, the Chinese foreign minister said this was just how the Jews were treated in the Holocaust.

Did they really? The Chinese government? I highly doubt that, I don't believe it. I know SJW clowns were doing that, I have not heard of the Chinese government calling other countries racist for quarantining their citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

lbj666 wrote: »
    Its a mix of everything, people genuinely ill afraid of going near a hospital at the minute. GPs aint sending people to A&E just encase, patients arent demanding to be referred to A&E just encase.
    No ones out and about triping falling breaking arms playing sports, getting hit by cars on bikes, getting hit by cars in cars. No ones getting drunk around town.

Numbers were the lowest ever a month ago.

Way before this lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Lundstram wrote: »
    And a documentary on Pangolins just finished. :pac:

Well that was educational, so the Chinese eat them and traditional medicine uses their scales for cancer treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Marsden35 wrote: »

chine bots are multiplying..

zzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

fifth wrote: »
    How much of a lag is there between testing and releasing the numbers? Saw comments earlier saying that people are waiting 2 weeks for results. Any truth to that? Are we looking at 2 week old figures from the HSE every night?
    Afraid we just don't know.

The new era of transparency in action?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

rebeve wrote: »
    Todays case count pretty irrelevant due to lack of testing kits .

Depends on how many tests were conducted compared to other days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Numbers were the lowest ever a month ago.

Way before this lockdown.

They were higher than ever about a month and a half ago.

I'd have second thoughts about visiting A&E right now if I broke my leg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

It won't be nor should it be. We'll have to do it for some reasonable length of time but we absolutely will go back to handshakes, hugs, kisses, casual sex etc. And rightly so.

Edit: Should add that I hope 21st century style personal hygiene (IE bathing everyday, washing hands, and not coughing/sneezing like a cnut) will become the new norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I don't see any good outcome for this. I don't see any way forward that is going to make things ok. There's no way out of it.

What it looks like is that this thing will last for months or years and 70% of people could end up getting it with millions of deaths.

The lockdown is only delaying this process - which is good because it will help many more to survive, but this idea of two weeks seems a bit of a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jj880

Need a deep fat fryer.

Cant go without proper chips for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Is it? Its no more of an epicentre than Ireland is right now.

Deaths per million:
    Ireland - 9
    USA - 7

The USA obviously has 66 times the population of Ireland. But relatively speaking the USA is doing better than most European countries.

If you said New York was an epicentre that would be different.
    the US are only testing at 20% of the the rate that we are, factor that into your calculation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

jj880 wrote: »
    Need a deep fat fryer.

Cant go without proper chips for months.

Takeaways are still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

YFlyer wrote: »
    A few weeks? The current deaths be from people that were infected weeks ago if not longer.

That ship The Diamond Princess which was found to have coronavirus on board in mid February still has active cases ongoing.

Of the 712 total cases... 607 cases recovered and 10 dead. However 105 are currently infected patients, 90 in mild condition and 15 still in serious or critical condition.

Takes ages for some to recover from this damned virus..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Is the testing centre in Croke Park very busy.?
    What about the others.?
    Anyone been or seen.??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

washman3 wrote: »
    Is the testing centre in Croke Park very busy.?
    What about the others.?
    Anyone been or seen.??

There were reports earlier today that it was closed due to lack of test kits. Not reported on RTE TV news though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement