Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Old School WWF Wrestler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Nasty boys had a great theme tune and a good look but their feuds were nothing great. Demolition were a bit before my time but with there run, I think they deserve to go through this round

Demolition

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Demolition loved the whole metal thing going on with the theme and loved when they were in the ring.

I’d say some of the people here could be carbon dated for age using just their picks on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

eldamo wrote: »

(god if we ever do come back and do one to include managers, I'm quids in for bobby "the brain" heenan)

Happy reading.

PW Boards Greatest Wrestling Managers.

I've run loads of these on the Pro Wrestling forum if you search threads started by my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Happy reading.

PW Boards Greatest Wrestling Managers.

I've run loads of these on the Pro Wrestling forum if you search threads started by my name.

This

Bobby Heenan.

Repeat this for every round until he wins.

Nobody else comes close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Nasty Boys for me,

was never into demolition and the NB had some good brawls

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Boys. In the house with their tune. Great moves

Time limit expires and it's Nasty Boys going through. Hang on for the next bout.

Yokozuna

07.jpg

Land of the Rising Sun 589lbs

VS

Hulk Hogan

79eb7a9b995ba556-600x338.jpg

Venice Beach, California 302lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yoko. He was athletic for a big man and although he put on weight(more than he had already I should add) I always liked the gimmick. So that and I hate hulk hogan but more so because I liked yoko more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Late to the party here.

Hulk for me. Iconic, totally representative of the period. Yeah, Terry Bollea is a piece of excrement mostly, but damn if the Hulkster wasn't the most over wrestler, possibly ever. His re-invention of his Character in the nWo was amazing also, nobody thought he could be a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hulkster. Say your prayers and take your vitamins. His appearance in Rocky II made his career and at the same time, the (then) WWF.

Drop the leg!

Yokozuna mainly for not being Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Hulk Hogan, because he was the face of the WWF when I was a young'un and because he was the star of the greatest film that nobody remembers and I can't find anywhere to the point I think I imagined it altogether... Mr. Nanny!

Hulk Hogan, because he was the face of the WWF when I was a young'un and because he was the star of the greatest film that nobody remembers and I can't find anywhere to the point I think I imagined it altogether... Mr. Nanny!

Wasn’t he also in thunder in paradise about a high tech boat? It was garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I was an ultimate warrior fan so I'm voting Yokozuna!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Late to the party here.

Hulk for me. Iconic, totally representative of the period. Yeah, Terry Bollea is a piece of excrement mostly, but damn if the Hulkster wasn't the most over wrestler, possibly ever. His re-invention of his Character in the nWo was amazing also, nobody thought he could be a heel.

Very unlike you Gerry. You're normally straight in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

hulkamania is gonna run wild on yoko

not cool i know.

but for a long time, he was the absolute man

even if his gimmick was just not selling for the other guy...

Sirsok wrote: »
    I was an uktinate warrior fan so I'm voting Yokozuna!

Well he was a ring technician was warrior and and a tremendous promo.

eldamo wrote: »
    hulkamania is gonna run wild on yoko

not cool i know.

but for a long time, he was the absolute man

even if his gimmick was just not selling for the other guy...

Hopefully this match up is like king of the ring 1993.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Hogan,

some of hisJapan stuff is great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

CZCi05zWwAAqez_.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Yoko was a great character when he debuted and probably won the title as a FU to the steroid scandal at the time. He was usually gassed by the he got to the ring and had about 3 moves.

Hogan, love him or hate him, was the face of the WWF for a good 10 years, headlining every PPV in that time. In ring, he wasn't much better than yoko, but as a character, he wins this round easily.

HULKSTER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Hogan here... He was THE WWF for a long time

The Hulkster.

He was a big reason why wrestling became the force that it did. Yoko was a good worker for his size, and a gent by all accounts, but how many of us were rooting for Yoko back in the 90s when he and Hogan faced off?

Late to the party here, but it's unfortunate to see my man Jake Roberts get run over worse than he did v Austin at KOTR 96, or against Taker at WM8.

Makes complete sense of course, no one was beating The Rock in Round 1 IMO, but Jake's best performances were a huge influence on gimmick and ring psychology in modern pro wrestling, even to The Rock.

Sleep well, sweet prince. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭endainoz

Late to the party here, but it's unfortunate to see my man Jake Roberts get run over worse than he did v Austin at KOTR 96, or against Taker at WM8.

Makes complete sense of course, no one was beating The Rock in Round 1 IMO, but Jake's best performances were a huge influence on gimmick and ring psychology in modern pro wrestling, even to The Rock.

Sleep well, sweet prince. :(

????? Jake isn't dead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jake cut a great promo a few weeks back

endainoz wrote: »
    ????? Jake isn't dead

Thankfully not! Sorry, that was in relation to him getting absolutely mauled in Round 1 here.

The Nal wrote: »
    Jake cut a great promo a few weeks back

That's brilliant, thanks. Great to see him still nailing a promo in 2020. Surreal too.

• Advertisement

Hogan progresses but good fight from Yokozuna. Two regular matches left while I'll be doing shortly and then the Last Chance Battle Royal after that so start thinking of some of your favorites for nomination who may not have made it into the automatic qualifiers.

Advertisement