Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Old School WWF Wrestler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Bulldog was a great wrestler but mankinds matches and fueds are more memorable.

Mankind

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Clean sweep for Mrs Foley's baby boy.

Stone Cold knocked out by Macho Man?

tenor.gif

Sorry, Mack, your tournament has lost all credibility.

Kane

WWE-Untold-Kane-Hell-in-a-Cell-645x370.jpg

Parts Unknown 323lbs

VS

Shawn Michaels

2041388c44fbb6e9a20cb1c0367b9eca.jpg

San Antonio, Texas 225lbs

maxresdefault.jpg

Unlike the Macho Men, I am capable of being objective.

Shawn Michaels - Greatest in ring worker of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Shawn Michaels, because just look at the pout in that photo... it's majestic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

HBK

Iconic 90s star

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

HBK

The moves, the hair, the looks, the body.

I'm humble enough to admit if it came to a beauty contest he would come a very very close second to me.

Michaels, sorry Kane.

You could say a lot of positive things about HBK's career, but I loved the fact that he let Stone Cold get the super clean win over him at WM14.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I really wanna vote for Kane

So I will.

His debut was just epic. One of the great big men workers, arguably the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Much as i like Kane, has to be HBK, Mr Wrestlemania. Kane is super athletic for his size however HBK is also the same and where HBK pips Kane is in the charisma department.

Heel or Face, HBK just edges above Kane imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Less of a vote for Kane than a vote against hbk.

I still haven't forgiven him for breaking up the rockers.

ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT!

Big red machine.

Shawn Michael's, he was a show man!

I didn't see this thread til just now.

Don't suppose tatanka made the list?

The Rockers.
    Jannetty through the mirror.
    Feud with the Hitman, Iron Man Match,
    Feud with Ramon, Ladder Matches.
    DX.
    WM matches with Taker.

Has to be Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

HBK especially for hitting Vince with that sweet chin music

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Michaels. SOrry Kane, but some of the most hilarious moments in WWE were from Michaels (with Triple H).

I miss the old WWE. Haven't watched it in over a decade cos it got so boring. I do like watching nostalgic videos though :D

Shawn had it all and deserves to go through and will. However I was never a fan of his. Kane gets my vote.

Kane feels some Sweet Chin Music as HBK cruises into the semi finals!

I didn't see this thread til just now.

Don't suppose tatanka made the list?

He was an entrant in the Last Chance Battle Royal in Round 1. Didn't make it out of that though.

[QUOTE=Kolido;112958280Shawn had it all and deserves to go through and will. However I was never a fan of his. Kane gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

Good point. He was never my favourite wrestler, much like The Rock, but still someone I liked and respect and who provided serious entertainment through his matches and promos.

Looking back over my time watching wrestling, my definitive favourites from about 1989 to 2002 were Jake Roberts---Bret Hart---Steve Austin.

• Advertisement

Would be a Kane vote for me. He has become stagnant over the last couple of years, but HBK's D-X re-runs with Triple H weren't exactly a shining light on his career, either.

Kane unmasking and the few months that followed it was fantastically done, too.

Also...

Semi Final stage lads. Each match will have a 60 minute time limit, most decisions wins. Our first match is a doozy and two wrestlers who know each other very well, have had two of the best careers ever and have a genuine claim to being the best of all time.

The Undertaker

tumblr_mcrjhum8Bu1qmc87co1_1280.jpg

Vs

Shawn Michaels

cd597e374755b3c8ecde230a76d36af4.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ahahaa... this could easily be the final.

Undertaker.

Wrestlemania Streak, taking a gimmick that should have been awful and making a legendary career out of it

Beat Michaels twice in that streak, don't think the result changes now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Taker. Great showmanship, led the transition from brawlers in tights to spectacles

Ah feck it, that's a tough one.

I just think that Taker is formidable, his longevity being a big part of that.

He narrowly wins this one for me with some outside interference from Paul Bearer.

Definitely Undertaker for me. His character was great. It's a pity he didn't stay retired, and I'd argue he gave the streak to the wrong person, but those are nit-picking flaws in a long, great career.

Many weren't fond of the 'American Bad Ass' but I thought it was a great period for him - especially as it was happening at a time when 'Deadman' Undertaker would have been very out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Hard to call again but it's Taker for me. Commitment never wavered, was given one of the best gimmicks ever and ran with it.

Either could win this and would be a fitting champion. Both great careers, but when it boils down to who I perfer, Taker every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Tough call, but gonna go with Shawn Michaels, to keep things interesting, as I think Undertaker is probably the favourite in this match-up, but I'm an agent of chaos and would rather see the underdog of the pairing go through and win the whole thing in the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Deadman all the way in this bout, somehow always had the stamina to outlast HBK even with age and injury disadvantage.

Advertisement