Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Old School WWF Wrestler

Options

Comments

Kane. One of the all time great characters. Was never too keen on Hogan to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

hogan

because if Kane is old school

that means i'm old......

jesus, devestated about andre crashing out, i should have kept my phone on me instead of bonding with my jerk kids.

might have jizzed my pants over macho taking down the crock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Gonna go Kane here too. He most reminds me that era

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Has to be Kane for me. What a debut!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

The Hulkamaniac.

Everyone pretends he wasn't the best, but he was when you were 8 years old.

After me: I am a real... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Kane hands down. Hogan was always an overrated piece of trash. This was funny though:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Hulkster!!

Kane would try to set him on fire, but Hulk would have Jimmy hart outside with his megaphone, who would quench the fire with his shouting!

Has to be Kane for me. What a debut!

Watching live in the dark as a youngster back in the day made me jump out of the bed. After months of solid buildup, it was an unreal debut which didn't fail the massive hype that proceeded it.

Kane beats Hulkster for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Good lord people Hogan by a country never mind a country mile.

Was gonna vote Kane, but glad to see he's gotten through anyway, without my assistance :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Hacksaw Jim Duggan was my all time fave as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

jaxxx wrote: »
    Kane hands down. Hogan was always an overrated piece of trash. This was funny though:

That was fantastic! Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Kane by far for me, the Devil's favorite demon, Paul Bearer, the Urn, Team Hell No, doing the Santino Marella trumpet dance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Just in case no one expressed my feelings on the matter,

This is the BEST thread ever on Boards

Thanks, OMackeral

Carry on. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Kane is hardly old school!! 1995 debut. Maybe I'm showing my age.

The Ultimate Warrior was my favourite old school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

This is a long match, has Hogan Hulked up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

This is a long match, has Hogan Hulked up yet?

Is a buried alive match, Kane is busy putting Terry down for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hulkster! Kane, shmane. Another fancy boy in makeup. Say your prayers, brutha!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

After seeing how big Kane was in that video compared with Hogan - I say Kane.

Hogan is one of the true GOATs, no doubt about it. Just for my own mileage and viewing, Kane gave me far more 'holy fúck' and milestone moments during my own most active years of watching.

As has been said, his debut was mega, and there was every chance it could have fallen flat on its face after months of build-up and hype about The Undertaker's long lost brother.

There was no wider internet smart universe back then, or at least it was in its infancy (RajahWWF.com anyone?). To me, Undertaker really had a brother who was horrifically scarred in a fire and he has just appeared and ripped off the fúcking door of this magnificent cell structure with his bare hands. That music, the organ, the arena suddenly going a sinister red, I almost shat and I bought every moment of it. That's what wrestling is about IMO.

Also, Glen Jacobs managed to have a semi-decent run as an evil dentist, he can sell any character he's given IMO. He's no Hulk, Rock or Ric in the pantheon of greats, but he is a hard worker and top journeyman. If we were to go by the most iconic character of all time, the likes of Hulk and The Rock should be walking straight through to the final round of this game. However, I think our own personal experiences come into it, and for me Kane takes Hulkster here.

It's unfortunate - Hulk looked like he was going to win it...he no-sold a tombstone and Hulked-Up to deliver the big boot and legdrop. But then Kane no-sold that and tombstoned poor Hulk on a steel chair while Paul Bearer distracted Earl Hebner with his shiny new urn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hogan is one of the true GOATs, no doubt about it. Just for my own mileage and viewing, Kane gave me far more 'holy fúck' and milestone moments during my own most active years of watching.

As has been said, his debut was mega, and there was every chance it could have fallen flat on its face after months of build-up and hype about The Undertaker's long lost brother.

There was no wider internet smart universe back then, or at least it was in its infancy (RajahWWF.com anyone?). To me, Undertaker really had a brother who was horrifically scarred in a fire and he has just appeared and ripped off the fúcking door of this magnificent cell structure with his bare hands. That music, the organ, the arena suddenly going a sinister red, I almost shat and I bought every moment of it. That's what wrestling is about IMO.

Also, Glen Jacobs managed to have a semi-decent run as an evil dentist, he can sell any character he's given IMO. He's no Hulk, Rock or Ric in the pantheon of greats, but he is a hard worker and top journeyman. If we were to go by the most iconic character of all time, the likes of Hulk and The Rock should be walking straight through to the final round of this game. However, I think our own personal experiences come into it, and for me Kane takes Hulkster here.

It's unfortunate - Hulk looked like he was going to win it...he no-sold a tombstone and Hulked-Up to deliver the big boot and legdrop. But then Kane no-sold that and tombstoned poor Hulk on a steel chair while Paul Bearer distracted Earl Hebner with his shiny new urn.

Hebner was very easily distracted it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

For me, its gotta be.... its gotta be KANE.

Hulkster was the bigger star undoubtedly. But Kane had more ability, and was a more entertaining character in my opinion. I have never been more invested in a debut than I was in Kane's story. Big man could do it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sorry lads haven't been on. Kane was winning 3-2 at the 60 minute mark so as per the rules he wins and Hogan crashes out!!!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sorry lads haven't been on. Kane was winning 3-2 at the 60 minute mark so as per the rules he wins and Hogan crashes down (and it hurt inside)!!!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The British Bulldog

British-Bulldog-01.jpg

Manchester, England 260 lbs

VS

Diesel

f76d8ce31232-600x400.jpg

Detroit, Michigan 328lbs

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Diesel.

Not really a huge fan of Bulldog anyways and Diesel/Nash had a far more significant and lasting impact imo.

David "Malechild" Smithony for me.

Bulldog was more capable and wouldn't pull a hammy doing the simplest of tasks. Nash was extremely lucky to be blessed with his size and being in the right place at the right time.

Davey Boy had an awesome career from Stampede to WWF. Took part in what was the greatest main event in Summerslam history. Was a part of two of the greatest tag teams of all time with Dynamite and Owen. A member of the greatest faction of all time in the Hart Foundation.

Broke the 4th wall in pissing himself laughing at the Shockmaster when he fell through a wall ("He fell on his fookin' arse" I believe he said). First European Champ. Longest reigning also. Most deffo Davey FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's gotta be the Bulldog. For starters he isn't Diesel. For seconds he was one half of one of the greatest tag teams of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The bulldog because well he's not diesel and could wrestle when he wanted whereas Kevin Nash couldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

wow, i would have been 100% bulldog before watching that bret hart video about summerslam 92, watched the match after that, he was not in great shape

that said, diesel made no impact on me (did fake diesel just get through against hogan?)

i was a huge wwf fan as a kid until shawn michaels kicked marty genetti through the window.

i hated hbk so much i stopped watching,

only returned around college age

totally missed nash's career in the middle

so bulldog limps over the line

Advertisement