Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants open for takeaway

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

L-M wrote: »
    I just saw Coqbull yesterday posted up two pizzas and wings for €35. Thought it was a bit of a rob. Again I fully understand they have over heads etc but I would of thought if they weren’t cooking the food they could surely offer a bit better value?

My biggest problem is I’ve thought myself how to cook a lot better over the last 8 weeks, i think the days of going out and handing 30 euro over for a steak are long gone.

Ya, Im yet to see a menu I find reasonable. I think the restaurants might be doing themselves a disservice. I'd imagine they can do it for less and I'd be all over it if they did. Probably getting a meal once a week anyway. I wonder how much business they're all doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Curragower are open for takeaway tomorrow. Taking preorders today so they must be expecting to be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Ya, Im yet to see a menu I find reasonable. I think the restaurants might be doing themselves a disservice. I'd imagine they can do it for less and I'd be all over it if they did. Probably getting a meal once a week anyway. I wonder how much business they're all doing.

Probably not much compared to last summer in most cases. I think it is a bit harsh to say to say prices are unreasonable. Most of these businesses have lost the majority of their customers through no fault of their own.

You have to consider that there are costs associated with setting up a delivery service if that is something that was not in place before. Also while some costs like staffing, electricity etc are reduced, many others like rent, insurance etc may be unchanged. And all of this to be passed on to a smaller customer base.

If you like a particular restaurant/takeaway then it is worth giving them your business at the moment. Chances are lots of these will not be open this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

le_girl wrote: »
    Curragower are open for takeaway tomorrow. Taking preorders today so they must be expecting to be busy.

What are their wings like, was fancying getting wings tomorrow and Curragower is a short stroll rather than a drive across the city to OTB at the South Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

What are their wings like, was fancying getting wings tomorrow and Curragower is a short stroll rather than a drive across the city to OTB at the South Court.

Their wings are amazing. I live too far away to justify the journey but have been dreaming of wings for weeks now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Probably not much compared to last summer in most cases. I think it is a bit harsh to say to say prices are unreasonable. Most of these businesses have lost the majority of their customers through no fault of their own.

You have to consider that there are costs associated with setting up a delivery service if that is something that was not in place before. Also while some costs like staffing, electricity etc are reduced, many others like rent, insurance etc may be unchanged. And all of this to be passed on to a smaller customer base.

If you like a particular restaurant/takeaway then it is worth giving them your business at the moment. Chances are lots of these will not be open this time next year.

If they are delivering then yes you should expect to pay for delivery. However most of these businesses are only doing collection for takeaway, but are charging sit down prices. Yes they're struggling, but then quite a lot of people are these days and those people will vote with their wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

We used to get Tuscany quite a bit before lockdown. When they started posting recipes on their Instagram I was delighted to have my Pasta di Giovanni back in my life. Couldnt wait for them to reopen.

They're now open and selling some DIY boxes for, to be honest, a very high price. I know the pasta dishes were expensive before but since I started making the dish myself, I cant bring myself to pay 20 quid for it when for a few euro extra I can have a bottle of wine as well as the two portions if I buy everything myself.

I want to support local businesses, but I cant justify the extra spend at the moment especially when it's no longer a night off cooking and cleaning up, its paying the same price or more and still having more effort to do as if you were cooking as normal as you've to collect the food as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Where is this happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

McDonalds opened again, I think at 11am today, was sent a photo of the queue in Dooradoyle. Bit mental to say the least.

Still a restaurant whether people don't think it is. It's a QSR(quick serve restaurant), just to be clear. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Where is this happening?

???

What do you mean? The Curragower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

We got Freddy's Bistro last Friday. It was a delicious treat and well worth what I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Berty wrote: »
    McDonalds opened again, I think at 11am today, was sent a photo of the queue in Dooradoyle. Bit mental to say the least.

Still a restaurant whether people don't think it is. It's a QSR(quick serve restaurant), just to be clear. :D

was out around the jetland area at 12:30 and the queue was huge. some poor soul trying to direct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The jetland Maccy D's is the best (always get piping hot food - compared to the shambles in the crescent) but it's the worst designed to get into.

???

What do you mean? The Curragower.

Obviously. There’s nothing on their website or Twitter feed about it

Obviously. There’s nothing on their website about it

It's on Facebook, they've their number posted and the take away menu they'll be selling along with their opening times for take away.

It's on Facebook, they've their number posted and the take away menu they'll be selling along with their opening times for take away.

Cheers. None of the cool kids have Facebook these days :pac:

I only checked there after I couldn't find a way to order through their website. Only keep my FB activated to keep tabs on Annacotty farm shop and Papa Gino's, maybe sometimes to laugh at people commenting under posts from the Limerick Leader when work gets boring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maccy D's in the Crescent now have a queue setup. No access from the side of the Dooradoyle Road anymore. You have to go in by the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Greens must be losing the plot over all these drive throughs opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

It was on their Instagram too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Probably mentioned here already but the Locke are doing burgers/wings/chips etc. from a trailer outside their premises.
    Just got one and it was damn good!
    Save yourself queuing for McDonald’s muc and support some of our own instead.
    Marty.

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Probably mentioned here already but the Locke are doing burgers/wings/chips etc. from a trailer outside their premises.
    Just got one and it was damn good!
    Save yourself queuing for McDonald’s muc and support some of our own instead.
    Marty.

How much are the burgers and do you know what time they start serving at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Burgers are between 7 & 8 euro- they are worth it!
    Not sure on times but I was there at 8:30 if that helps, I see they take orders by phone so maybe ring them for times.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Think they open for lunch each day (midday) until they close in the evening.

A few different burgers under 10 euro (bacon cheese was 8) but sides are extra, decent chips though and chicken wings also on the menu.

You can preorder on Uber, theres also limited barrels/benches opposite if you're in the city centre and want to each it there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭djdunny

+ 1 for Locke burger. Pretty decent burger and I would say just beats Mother Burger. My only gripe (albeit a small one) is that they keep your order on a table outside, so if its anyway cold/breezy it means your food is going cold much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

Locke Burger & chips are ace, a small bit pricey but still worth it. If I was them I'd give a disposable tablecloth for their tables by the river.

The Curragower is open too but I think they're a bit more expensive but I'll definitely give them a go too

Advertisement