Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants open for takeaway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Source? Which I did ask for in my original post.

[URL="http:///www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200320192755.htm"]http:///www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200320192755.htm[/URL]

[URL="http:///www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center"]http:///www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center[/URL]
    How long can the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 survive on surfaces?

A recent study found that the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The researchers also found that this virus can hang out as droplets in the air for up to three hours before they fall. But most often they will fall more quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The researchers also found that this virus can hang out as droplets in the air for up to three hours before they fall.

fek! we don't stand a chance :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

YFlyer wrote: »
    Will find it later.

So you are saying that the coronavirus magically becomes inactive once it lands on an object?

I didn’t suggest anything of the sort, there’s so much bullshít being posted about coronavirus of late that I was just looking for a source of the original assertion (which wasn’t you btw)
    jonski wrote: »

Merci.

We’re doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I didn’t suggest anything of the sort, there’s so much bullshít being posted about coronavirus of late that I was just looking for a source of the original assertion (which wasn’t you btw)

Merci.

We’re doomed.

We all need to be vigilant. Assume you have the virus and that all objects are infected.

We can't drop the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Source? The HSE are saying the opposite

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Can I assume that many of you are snorting stuff off your takeaway containers?

The virus won't go through your skin, and it is easily broken up with soap, and in the event that it ends up on your stomach it will be dismantled by digestive juices.

Wash your hands, eat with utensils, tip your delivery driver well if you can.

is burger king still open? if so shame on them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Mc Love wrote: »
    Mogul Emperor is open for collection/delivery

Weren't answering the phone last evening, we use them every Friday, drove past, sign on door but don't know what it said or if fully closed or not

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Any chinese takeaways open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭djdunny

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Any chinese takeaways open?

The Pagoda in Corbally is open. Will take 90 minutes for delivery at the moment. Just ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

djdunny wrote: »
    The Pagoda in Corbally is open. Will take 90 minutes for delivery at the moment. Just ordered.

Cheers, think our usual one is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Weren't answering the phone last evening, we use them every Friday, drove past, sign on door but don't know what it said or if fully closed or not

Yeah my parents tried them Friday too and weren't answering their phone

surely the golden grill is open?????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

fryup wrote: »
    surely the golden grill is open?????

Why would it be okay for them but not for others?
    is burger king still open? if so shame on them

:rolleyes:

Why would it be okay for them but not for others?

because its local, for locals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

because its local, for locals

Believe it or not, local people work and eat in Burger King. And it would be much easier to apply social distancing in a large Burger King restaurant than it would be in the tiny Golden Grill.

yes, but we can't survive without the golden grill's fish n'chips, its a scientific fact

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Mogul Emperor closed till further notice.
    Walked past there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,180 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A list of takeways open for delivery according to JustEat, scroll down the page to the Limerick list:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/a-list-of-restaurants-and-takeaways-that-are-open-for-delivery-990941.html

Don't shoot the messenger if some are actually closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭pigtown

Lana Castletroy closed for 2 weeks from today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from not having Chinese food for near a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from not having Chinese food for near a month!

Peony court reopened last night for take away only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Not a restaurant but a bakery this time Sunflower in Ballycummin doing breads and a few sweet bits highly recommend the choclate shortcake, usually they have a stand at the market so again nice to support local.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Istanbul Kebab is open for home deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Hook & Ladder have a new delivery only restaurant open, called Box Pi. It's on the Uber Eats app.
    I had it the other night and it was really good. Mostly pizza and loaded fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cgaff

I know this thread hasn't been updated recently but needed to tell everyone that the Mogul Emperor is BACK! Not sure when exactly it reopened but definitely as of this past week it's been open for takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Yeah more and more places have opened in the last week or more. Ze We Ton in town has opened again, think someone mentioned one of those restaurants in this thread previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Coqbull in Castletroy is back open.

Supermacs opened but will probably be closed again and there was a mile long que outside it the Other day.

When Canteen in Parkway re opens I’ll be a happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Volcano Wings is open

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

"L-M wrote: »
    When Canteen in Parkway re opens I’ll be a happy man.

They were open yesterday. They reopened last Monday according to their FB.

Advertisement