Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

dh1985 wrote: »
    Your not a fine gael bot so which of the other two categories do you fall in.
    Or maybe your an A and C combo

None of the above thankfully:)
    Medical instruction to self isolate :) time to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Runaways wrote: »
    None of the above thankfully:)
    Medical instruction to self isolate :) time to kill.

Well then you should have added an option D for yourself. Maybe the FF and FG supporters could fall into this category also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

How is Mary Loo's second isolation stint going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I asked this before but how do they take these poll? If everyone is on lock down then along the street wouldn’t work

So what is the catchment area? Age groups etc?

They just seems like a load of bulls**t as they yo yo up and down and then start to look decent only at election time

PS a poll does not change the election vote, you do understand that?

It was done online . FF would definitely finish third in any election at this stage all done to their bitter leader Michael Martin

LuasSimon wrote: »
    It was done online . FF would definitely finish third in any election at this stage all done to their bitter leader Michael Martin

This has to be the end for Michael Martin surely?
    On the other hand I can think of anyone within that party to takeover? They’re a total nest of vipers internally but his hopes of ever being Taoiseach are surely gone. So leadership challenge can’t be far off

• Advertisement

This has to be the end for Michael Martin surely?
    On the other hand I can think of anyone within that party to takeover? They’re a total nest of vipers internally but his hopes of ever being Taoiseach are surely gone. So leadership challenge can’t be far off

FF were the populist party. That role has now been taken over by SF. Can't really see FF recovering. They are becoming irrelevant.

FF were the populist party. That role has now been taken over by SF. Can't really see FF recovering. They are becoming irrelevant.

Can’t argue with that. And deserved too. But hen you look at the last election results and I know it’s a different game now but still.
    It’s a crapshoot. But personally hope Martin is gone either way. Complete Snake oil salesman.

Can’t argue with that. And deserved too. But hen you look at the last election results and I know it’s a different game now but still.
    It’s a crapshoot. But personally hope Martin is gone either way. Complete Snake oil salesman.

There's alot of room for a party on the right if someone can step up.

There's alot of room for a party on the right if someone can step up.

We don’t have a right in Ireland in my view. Outside what, david Quinn, a few more vocal people on boards and the wingnuts who don’t know whaat they are like Justin barret and Gemma

We don’t have a right in Ireland in my view. Outside what, david Quinn, a few more vocal people on boards and the wingnuts who don’t know whaat they are like Justin barret and Gemma

Exactly. Huge gap to be filled. Amazed that no one has stepped in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

They won’t the highest number of seats just a month or more ago and now they are irrelevant?

They won’t the highest number of seats just a month or more ago and now they are irrelevant?

They are becoming more irrelevant. They are in a downward trajectory. SF are filling the space where they were.

Exactly. Huge gap to be filled. Amazed that no one has stepped in there

That wont happen. There isn’t the right kind of seed bed in media here for it. And generally Irish electorate would never fall for it. See Peter Casey and wee Gemma and Justin for evidence of that

There’s no appetite for it. Try as they might to rabble rouse in social media

That wont happen. There isn’t the right kind of seed bed in media here for it. And generally Irish electorate would never fall for it. See Peter Casey and wee Gemma and Justin for evidence of that

There’s no appetite for it. Try as they might to rabble rouse in social media

I hope you are right

I hope you are right

The odd cab driver and some vulnerable grannies and feeble minded boardsies aren’t going to see ireland devolve into some right wing authoritarian government.

Look what we’ve come through since the foundation of the state. We just shook that crap off.
    It’ll be a long long time before we let it take hold again. If ever.

They are becoming more irrelevant. They are in a downward trajectory. SF are filling the space where they were.

Based on what?

A poll? Seriously a few weeks ago you probably said the same about FG

Those polls are a pile of cr*p and I said he same a few weeks ago.....

Trying to say SF are taking over is laughable, anyone that thinks that’s the truth as well is kidding themselves

There is only one public opinion poll that really matters.

And emmmm

There is only one public opinion poll that really matters.

And emmmm

And it was a 4 way tie. FG, FF, SF and the rest.

Based on what?

A poll? Seriously a few weeks ago you probably said the same about FG

Those polls are a pile of cr*p and I said he same a few weeks ago.....

Trying to say SF are taking over is laughable, anyone that thinks that’s the truth as well is kidding themselves

I'm not saying SF are taking over. I am saying they are stealing FF's place

And it was a 4 way tie. FG, FF, SF and the rest.

It really wasn’t.

• Advertisement

It really wasn’t.

It was pretty close to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

It really wasn’t.

So SF won the election, right? So why are they not in power then?

I'm not saying SF are taking over. I am saying they are stealing FF's place

Which a few weeks ago everyone was on here saying they are taking FG place....

So a few weeks back SF up, FF up, FG down
    Now its SF up, FF down, FG up

So who is moving where? that would suggest the most have moved from FF to FG? which in reality will not happen in an election.

As I said at the last one and this one is still the same, it's a load of BS. People see what they want to see in it.

If SF went down then everyone would be on here saying it is not relevant.

It really wasn’t.

I think you should check the election results.....

It was pretty close to be fair

Wasn’t what you said originally. But whatever gets you through.

It wasn’t even close. Third place isn’t first. And with more candidates in more constituencies FG *still* came last.

Ouch.

Wasn’t what you said originally. But whatever gets you through.

It wasn’t even close. Third place isn’t first. And with more candidates in more constituencies FG *still* came last.

Ouch.

I suggest you review the following

https://www.irishtimes.com/election2020/results-hub

1 seat is hardly an ouch for FG, its not great but then it was 3 seats between the top 3.....hardly a resounding win/loss for any of them

Especially in a revolt vote which could swing dramatically any direction next time.

I suggest you review the following

https://www.irishtimes.com/election2020/results-hub

1 seat is hardly an ouch for FG, its not great but then it was 3 seats between the top 3.....hardly a resounding win/loss for any of them

Especially in a revolt vote which could swing dramatically any direction next time.

‘Her party won 24.5 per cent of the vote, ahead of Fianna Fáil on 22.2 per cent and Fine Gael on 20.9 per cent. The Green Party won 7.1 per cent, Labour received 4.4 per cent, the Social Democrats took 2.9 per cent and Solidarity-People Before Profit received 2.9 per cent. Independent TDs and others won 15.4 per cent.’

That’s a shocker.
    Our friend Mary here said it was fairly close.
    4% is not close in any election. Anywhere.
    A few hundred votes are what you can call close. Not 4% of the national total.

Shock to me there is the independents and
    ‘Others’.

Hadn’t realized it was that big a result.
    Independent TDs.. they’re an odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So SF won the election, right? So why are they not in power then?
    ah but they won the moral victory and should be let govern the country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Well what do ya know.
    Another SF bashing thread on Boards.

This time its because the most popular party in the state is letting the least popular of the big party's to rightly get on with dealing with a pandemic over running the country and SF are being criticised for this??

Meanwhile the sleeveen snake that is Michael Martin has no such Morals and continues to take advantage of the pandemic sneaking around trying to get people aboard to form a government when everyone should be concentrating on the best way forward saving lives and getting the country back on its feet.

But yeah SF blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I’d love to have been a fly on the wall watching when it dawned on Mary Lou, that despite ‘winning the election’ and all their grand plans for a left coalition, it was going nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement