Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UK response to Covid-19 [MOD WARNING 1ST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Handy when your wife is an editor at the spectator isn't it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I see there is a few Tory MP's that tweeted that this is now cleared up and we should move on. I think this was probably another pre-planned tweet from their masters. All of them are basically saying, its fine to drive 30 miles with your wife and 4 year old to test if your eye sight is okay and then break the lockdown rules again.

https://twitter.com/charltonbrooker/status/1264961292214980609?s=20

Darren grimes on sky news....he is so embarrassing...people were overanalyzing the rules....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

So people in the UK can drive wherever they like and if stopped by the police, say that they are just testing their eyesight, as any reasonable person would do !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is not going to go away and I can only see pressure being heaped on Boris now and he'll have no choice but to sack him in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

gmisk wrote: »
    Darren grimes on sky news....he is so embarrassing...people were overanalyzing the rules....lol

Who is this Grimes guy? He doesn't seem to be in touch with reality whatsoever.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Enzokk wrote: »
    I see there is a few Tory MP's that tweeted that this is now cleared up and we should move on. I think this was probably another pre-planned tweet from their masters. All of them are basically saying, its fine to drive 30 miles with your wife and 4 year old to test if your eye sight is okay and then break the lockdown rules again.

https://twitter.com/charltonbrooker/status/1264961292214980609?s=20

So he's driven 250 miles when he claims that he is too ill to look after his children and also drove for half an hour and back when he says that he wasn't sure if he was fit to drive so needed to test it.

For someone who claims to be so caring about his family, his attitude towards safe driving when they're in the car appears to be reckless.

murpho999 wrote: »
    This is not going to go away and I can only see pressure being heaped on Boris now and he'll have no choice but to sack him in a day or two.

I think it is. Some Tory MPs have already tweeted that it is a satisfactory explanation and that we should move on

I think it is. Some Tory MPs have already tweeted that it is a satisfactory explanation and that we should move on

Some Tory MPs tweeted a lot on Saturday but t still carried on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

High profile ones?

Grimes trying hard to throw Dr Harries under the bus for saying it was okay to leave the house,

https://twitter.com/doctor_oxford/status/1264951118653796352?s=20

The Attorney General will not care, but Cummings just admitted he broke the lockdown rules to test his eyesight and she has said it all looks okay to her. She should go but she will not.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    He is a right wing pro conservative blogger type dude, tbh there are quite a lot of them there must be money in it.

Was involved with one the the Leave campaigns during the Brexit referendum, BeLeave.

A few have ...and it looks like a total copy and paste job....like the other tweet from yesterday...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I see Leo went for a picnic in the Phoenix park. Death by stoning or let him off with 500 lashes?

devnull wrote: »
    So he's driven 250 miles when he claims that he is too ill to look after his children and also drove for half an hour and back when he says that he wasn't sure if he was fit to drive so needed to test it.

For someone who claims to be so caring about his family, his attitude towards safe driving when they're in the car appears to be reckless.

But in reality, we know he's probably just making excuses to justify the actions that he took since the truth of the matter that he was there for his wife's birthday would be too damaging. Note how he admitted to seeing someone there, he probably wouldn't have admitted to being there if there wasn't an eyewitness.

He probably wasn't vision impaired at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I really don't like this era of twisting the truth and rules to suit the narrative.

It worries me that young people like Darren Grimes are growing up and thinking this is perfectly normal and acceptable.

Petrol question caught him.

The fact he couldn't remember where he filled up for sure basically screams loud and clear that he filled up before the trip back to London so can't commit to 100% knowing when he filled up in case CCTV comes out which will show him up to being a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The real question now is why is Cummings so indispensable to Boris. The focus needs to move onto that.

Forget about Brexit and being a master strategist. There has to be something in there.

Besides fronting is out , hes either lying for Cummings or ok with Cummings lying about him

https://twitter.com/mj_anstey/status/1264955301637296129

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Anyone who is stopped by the police in the UK simply has to say that they are just out testing their eyesight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can he not be arrested and charged?

I thought the read statement was going well, until he was questioned and it all fell apart.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1264962465290506240?s=20

So she was not sick with Covid-19 but she was sick. They both had Covid-19 subsequently without tests apparently, but not before they broke the lockdown rules (and the exceptional circumstances is in case of danger to life so it doesn't count here).

Also, this is how mental this has gone. This is an actual tweet from the Chair of the Police Federation,

https://twitter.com/PFEW_Chair/status/1264960897275121664?s=20

Remember people, don't go testing your eyesight during a lockdown to go driving for 30 minutes and just happen to end up at a beauty spot in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I see Leo went for a picnic in the Phoenix park. Death by stoning or let him off with 500 lashes?

He needs to be whacked with a human-sized doll made of some grassy material, but the name of it escapes me somehow. I'm sure that his lack of LOLTRIGGURRING of neon-haired feminazis has to be considered an aggravating factor.

First thing that Grimes says on radio 5 is that Cummings actions were vindicated as his son ended up in A&E. that was always going to be the trump card

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Interesting he never, as far as i heard, used the "my objective was to stop the spread of the virus" angle Johnson mentioned at least 3 times yesterday. Seemed he'd moved on from that. Talked about "threats of violence" and people outside his house, which would seem to be more a reason to call the police than get in your car and drive 260 miles away.

Enzokk wrote: »
    I thought the read statement was going well, until he was questioned and it all fell apart.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1264962465290506240?s=20

So she was not sick with Covid-19 but she was sick. They both had Covid-19 subsequently without tests apparently, but not before they broke the lockdown rules (and the exceptional circumstances is in case of danger to life so it doesn't count here).

Also, this is how mental this has gone. This is an actual tweet from the Chair of the Police Federation,

https://twitter.com/PFEW_Chair/status/1264960897275121664?s=20

Remember people, don't go testing your eyesight during a lockdown to go driving for 30 minutes and just happen to end up at a beauty spot in the area.

The question is, how much is actually true and how much has been invented to fit around the events?

First thing that Grimes says on radio 5 is that Cummings actions were vindicated as his son ended up in A&E. that was always going to be the trump card

Sure, for the trip to Durham. But what about the trip to Barnard Castle and then the trip back? He could work from home, not like he needs to be in Westminster if other MP's are able to work from home. He decided to go to Durham, he then had to pay the price by staying there until the lockdown was relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Panthro wrote: »
    I'd say he absolutely hates being taken to task like this.
    The way he winces when he's asked questions. I'd say he's dying to say "fcuk off you silly lower classes"

Haha, spot on. Great to see the bastard grilled. I'm only catching up now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

He complained about the media hounding his parents today but he caused that situation by his actions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement