Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is this too advanced for a 6 year old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Dcully wrote: »
    Is this too advanced for a 6 year old?

Nope. Maybe you'll need to read some of the text and explain a few things. But they'll soon get the hang of it. It can be as slow as you want.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

nintendoo wrote: »
    Nope. Maybe you'll need to read some of the text and explain a few things. But they'll soon get the hang of it. It can be as slow as you want.

He figures aout other game s alone no problem, Minecraft etc, thanks just wanted to be sure.

I see its €45 on cd keys, ive used them many times for PC games, how do i redeem code on switch?

Dcully wrote: »
    He figures aout other game s alone no problem, Minecraft etc, thanks just wanted to be sure.

I see its €45 on cd keys, ive used them many times for PC games, how do i redeem code on switch?

Just enter it when purchasing on eshop I think.
    I've used cd keys once to get a cheaper family sub.

Would definitely let him watch some videos of this on you tube ... Eg reviews , playthroughs .. to make sure he'll like it. It doesn't click with everyone. Remember it's a game you play over months , years to see the changing seasons , festivals etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Maybe it's common knowledge, but after accidentally planting the bag of money I found at a Gold spot, and it becoming a tree, then trying to dig the money up and finding the sapling was a Money Tree (which gave 3x1000 bell "fruits"), I've had my first harvest of a 10,000 bell tree. Whoop!

Did everyone remember to buy their turnips yesterday? And if so, anyone want to share if they have a good selling price in their town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

And if you drop 10k into the whole it becomes a 30k tree! Not sure about larger amounts

turnips are 138 in my shop, hoping to get above 170

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Any idea if you plant a gold nugget in the hole what happens??? I've only got a few so didn't wanna risk it!!

My turnips r only at 86 today....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Turnips change price at midday there is no sure way to make a profit people might start sharing here or on Reddit when they have a high price and open their gates but it's still probably too soon for that.

I'm curious if a tool is buried in a gold spot what happens or fruit anything else will probably be just in a hole.

If you bury money the hole turns into a sapling straight away, so I'm guessing if you bury something else and it doesn't turn into a sapling then it didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Oh no, I hope she hasn't caught you-know-what. I'll get her medicine and then keep my distance.

https://imgur.com/a/2Snq7hN

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

tbahh wrote: »
    Oh no, I hope she hasn't caught you-know-what. I'll get her medicine and then keep my distance.

https://imgur.com/a/2Snq7hN

I was taught the sneezing reaction thing, immediately went around the island sneezing on people. Next day, Mabel's had a doctors mask for sale. Now the cockroaches and I are self-isolating.

I got the doc's mask and a raincoat from early balloon presents, been wandering around like a discount Walter White ever since.

55 bells for Turnips. I should never have bought in over 100 bells...

Wait it out and remember no time traveling with turnips you've got until close of business Saturday to sell or they spoil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

My daughter got a great white shark on a friend's island who is Southern hemisphere and put it in a tank in her tent, hilarious:pac:

iamtony wrote: »
    My daughter got a great white shark on a friend's island who is Southern hemisphere and put it in a tank in her tent, hilarious:pac:

If Monty Python made a game it might just be this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Wait it out and remember no time traveling with turnips you've got until close of business Saturday to sell or they spoil

You can also leave them out to spoil & get ants for the big collection

AMGer wrote: »
    You can also leave them out to spoil & get ants for the big collection

Never thought of that

Turnips selling for 200 today, is this a high price?

Seen lots of people on reddit with prices of 500+

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Turnips selling for 200 today, is this a high price?

Seen lots of people on reddit with prices of 500+

I've seen people write about how the prices fluctuate in four different ways (after studying the last few games) so if the same applies to this game, you're looking for either a small drop followed by a large and steady increase to very high numbers or a general small steady increase to a small/reasonable profit.

I've heard to wait until you see the prices on Thursday morning before making any big moves. I've got about 600k in the bank at the moment so torn between taking a big risk or just allowing it to accumulate with selling fossils (my museum is almost full so I get mostly duplicates now) and harvesting money trees.

Actually on selling fossils, I've looked up price lists for them and they all seem to be double what the shop is offering?

• Advertisement

Did the last update make Tarantulas smarter?
    Finding that they now fade away if you don't engage them fast enough, they do some rudimentary pathfinding around obstacles that used to trap them and they occasionally work in pairs - so basically if you're not rear-up-freezing them in place you're not going to catch 'em.

Either that or the last update made me dumber, which is always a possibility.

Any exploits shared like the duplicate trick or clearing an island will be fixed by updates there's an official update for the egg day festival due in the next 24 hours I'm guessing they may sneak some fixes in that

not sure if it's a quirk or a feature or a lack of understanding on my part, but....
    on my second time going tarantula farming, the island kept spawning butterflies. Even though it was 1am. I think that's because I went there before nightfall.
    Conversely, last night suspended the game while tarantula farming, and today I just caught 8 of the buggers in broad daylight. So I think your island's spawn table freezes in time based on when you arrive.

Which might be important if you don't have a String Fish, Sturgeon or Football fish....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Banjo wrote: »
    not sure if it's a quirk or a feature or a lack of understanding on my part, but....
    on my second time going tarantula farming, the island kept spawning butterflies. Even though it was 1am. I think that's because I went there before nightfall.
    Conversely, last night suspended the game while tarantula farming, and today I just caught 8 of the buggers in broad daylight. So I think your island's spawn table freezes in time based on when you arrive.

Which might be important if you don't have a String Fish, Sturgeon or Football fish....
    Today is the last day to get some of those fish if you don't time travel(like me)

That is my point. If you can catch butterflies at midnight and tarantulas at 11am on an island you opened at an appropriate time for spawning them, it might be worth spawning a nook miles island tonight to try to extend your window for catching them if you haven't got 'em by midnight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Man this game is addictive. Turned it on for the first time last night, will just play for an hour and see what it's like I said to myself. Turned it off 6 hours later. :pac:

Got my ass handed to me twice by spiders and bees though, fcukers. Need to up my net skills. :D

Looking forward to turning it on again tonight and seeing what's next.

If you stand in front of the tree before you shake it, so when the nest drops it'll be right beside you and all you have to do is swipe straight away and you'll catch the wasps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If you stand in front of the tree before you shake it, so when the nest drops it'll be right beside you and all you have to do is swipe straight away and you'll catch the wasps

Yeah the second time the bees fell I didn't have the net already out, my own fault. And the first spider came out of nowhere, the second appeared as soon as I stepped out of my tent one time. Cheeky git.

So I crafted a torch thing and a bonfire - anyone know how I light them? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah the second time the bees fell I didn't have the net already out, my own fault. And the first spider came out of nowhere, the second appeared as soon as I stepped out of my tent one time. Cheeky git.

So I crafted a torch thing and a bonfire - anyone know how I light them? :o

Just stand beside them and tap A to interact, the character should reach out and light them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm not sure I'd get this (or have the time)

Is Stardew a better "starter" for this genre given the price?

Advertisement