Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Not sure I’m going to sleep tonight! Went to a book miles island & razed it to the ground. Caught 14 tarantulas before I couldn’t take any more! Was knocked out 3 times. Got 112,000 bells for my troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Rhyme wrote: »
    If you post your friend code in the Sticky thread, people can add you.

My Dodo code for visiting tonight is 87422.

edit: I'm slow at responding :)

edit 2: changed the code so it's open for everyone.

Thanks for the iron nuggets and coconuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

For the tarantula trick, how do you strip the island without running out of inventory space?

For the tarantula trick, how do you strip the island without running out of inventory space?

Dump it all on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

You absolute beauty :D

spiders.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Alrighty then I'm going spider hunting

IHATEYOUALLYOUHAIRYBASTARDS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I cleared out an island but all I'm getting is crickets!! Does it need to be a specific type of island?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Another 60 bait last night and no stringfish :(

I wish there was still manual saving so I could just make the bait and reload when I didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I cleared out an island but all I'm getting is crickets!! Does it need to be a specific type of island?

I cleared out an island with a central plateau and one with a central lake and tonnes of Emperor butterflies (4G a piece) where nothing spawned after they were gone.

Got home, dejected. Guess who was waiting to eat my foot in the main square? Motherfather!

Banjo wrote: »
    I cleared out an island with a central plateau and one with a central lake and tonnes of Emperor butterflies (4G a piece) where nothing spawned after they were gone.

Got home, dejected. Guess who was waiting to eat my foot in the main square? Motherfather!

I realised I never took off the petals of the flowers I moved to the beach, once I did that a few tarantulas started showing up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

So I've never played this before and although I've seen a few videos I'm still not 100% getting the concept.

Can you do like a multiplayer thing and meet up and explore together ? Kinda like a minecraft type situation?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Thanks for the iron nuggets and coconuts!!

My pleasure. As I was saying, every day I harvest everything (make sure to have eaten no fruit as that makes you destroy rocks and uproot trees) end up with a ton of materials. Gives the game more... latitude :) I'm beginning to see DIY lists with fairly exotic ingredients to this game is in the long haul.

If I get bored with the humdrum, I'll probably nip around, seeing different seasons and then start playing other games, occasionally returning to my island to top it up.

Well that was another profitable Nook miles trip. It was lashing rain on the island so I fished like mad. Went through 4 rods.

Caught a few low grade fish as well as 10 red snappers, 2 oarfish, 3 coelacanths and a sturgeon! Grand total for the trip was 106,200 bells.

I'll have that moneylender Tom Nook paid off in no time :D:pac:

My museum opened today, it's so cool! I love the fish section and how they're divided up by where you caught them

Also one of my islanders moved into a house, looks like Hagrids hut :D would be cool if you could change the look of your house

Edit: how many rocks are on peoples islands? Pretty sure I only had 2 today

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I only have three rocks,seems to be the norm

Managed to catch an oarfish last night and got 2 gold nuggets from one nook miles island but still couldn't catch the stringfish :mad:

I feel like this all a long game by tom nook and on the 1st April he'll reveal his brand new patented extra-rare fish bait which which can be purchased with real life money. He's already conquered the bell economy so now he's coming for ours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started building the museum and shop today. Looking forward to seeing them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I started playing yesterday and I am enjoying it so far.

My museum and shop should be open tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

This search for a Stringfish is killing me - think I’ve caught an army of Black Bass will trying. Golden Trout seems pretty rare aswell

I had trouble as well, was at the very top, where the river starts, but then moved down one level to in front of the waterfall and got one quick enough

• Advertisement

Finally caught the damned stringfish :D Got it at the very top of the cliff where the river starts.

To top it off was going to deliver it to Blathers when I saw a large shadow at the river mouth and caught my first sturgeon straight after :D

Caught the golden trout earlier so a great fishing haul today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Finally got my Stringfish aswell. Also got my first Barreleye & Tuna, so I think the Marlin is only fish I’m missing for this month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Sick of reading all the posts about this game so I'm buying it. :D

Where's the best place to get in hard copy? Amazon?

Might go digital I guess but thought hard copy in case I don't get into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

amadablam wrote: »

Tempted to get it too.

Does anyone know if you miss out on much by not having an online sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I don't have the online sub. I have missed nothing!
    (That I'm aware of :D )

The biggest thing you miss out on is selling Noon Tickets to people who want to grind tarantulas for ridiculous bellage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Tempted to get it too.

Does anyone know if you miss out on much by not having an online sub?

Bought on SA for €46 which isn't bad if you are looking for the lowest price. I think cd keys is around 45

Probably going to be ages before it's available for the same in hard copy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Banjo wrote: »
    I don't have the online sub. I have missed nothing!
    (That I'm aware of :D )

The biggest thing you miss out on is selling Noon Tickets to people who want to grind tarantulas for ridiculous bellage.

Cheers. Bought it from CDKeys and downloading it now. :)
    Bought on SA for €46 which isn't bad if you are looking for the lowest price. I think cd keys is around 45

Probably going to be ages before it's available for the same in hard copy.

Thanks. Was a toss up between SA store or CDKeys but went with the latter, not much difference between them but better than 60 quid full price. Looking forward to getting into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

This seems like the kind of game where digital is better. It’s something you might only play for 15 mins a day but for a long time once you’re done with the main “quests”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

If you've never played AC, it might not click with you, so at least you can sell if physical. But if you have enjoyed it in the past and plan to play for years then digital saves a lot of swapping cartridges as yes, you'll probably end up playing for a few minutes at random intervals.

I always go physical for Nintendo first party games. Saves me having to make this arduous first world decision! :)

• Advertisement

Still grinding out the sturgeon and stringfish. Caught an oarfish this morning.

I can't help but think they could have handled the rare fish thing much better (and rare bugs too, for that matter). Like make them "less rare" when they're about to go out of season. Or increase the odds after a chain of successful common fish catches.

Advertisement