Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I got BLUE BEAR I'm so fuppin happy my all-time favourite character

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got the ability to island hop tonight and a shovel so think things might get more interesting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finally managed to scrounge up 30 iron nuggets to get the shop finished.

Only thing I'm not a fan of so far is the nook miles ticket. I liked in New Leaf the island you could go to as it was different to your town. Every island I've been to in New Horizons is basically a smaller version of mine: same bugs, same fish and same basic flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OlVYtf5.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

nintendoo wrote: »
    So, long term AC players, is this the best version ?

I was really really hoping for the return of the gyroids. So no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Does anyone know if you can make your islanders move out, like you could on the GameCube. I’m furiously smacking them with the bug net in hope. I used to write them nasty letters, and they would complain to the second player about me - it was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Finally managed to scrounge up 30 iron nuggets to get the shop finished.

Only thing I'm not a fan of so far is the nook miles ticket. I liked in New Leaf the island you could go to as it was different to your town. Every island I've been to in New Horizons is basically a smaller version of mine: same bugs, same fish and same basic flowers.

The other islands become your main source of wood once you start clearing land for new islanders, you land with fresh tools and empty pockets, stripping them bare like some kind of locust-man from Greta Thunberg's nightmares. You can get different fruits (I've gotten coconuts and cherries) if you persevere, as well as bamboo and new villagers which are necessary for advancing the plot/DIY tree.
    Dig flowers up to transport the plant since flowers are now a harvestable.

I've yet to find a really valuable bug. Playing New Leaf at 3am (system time) let you catch hundreds of thousands of bells worth of beetles and sharks. Nook is behind this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

So I've added a few for online play. Do they need to be online in order to visit their island ? Dodo ain't letting me go no where

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

So I've added a few for online play. Do they need to be online in order to visit their island ? Dodo ain't letting me go no where

Yep, the player needs to be online, and needs to have their airport gates open on their end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    OlVYtf5.jpg?1

Hmm...

Don't think I've ever had to infract an Administrator before...

Well, unprecedented times and all that...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hit another road bloack, no ladder, I have to recruit people to get it?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mr E wrote: »
    OlVYtf5.jpg?1

Hmm...

Don't think I've ever had to infract an Administrator before...

Well, unprecedented times and all that...

She needed the bells... Tom Nook is ruthless.

I got all the fruit now to start selling it

Hit another road bloack, no ladder, I have to recruit people to get it?

Nook will get a call mid-announcement one ofthe mornings, make sure you speak to him after. This game encourages the worst in humanity - nosiness, stripmining, plying anthropomorphic animals with tawdry baubles so they'll invite you into their house....

Island-devouring tip - it looks like if you put a flower in your hair, you put the whole stack of flowers in your hair. So your head is like a free inventory slot for blossoms. That's 1 more thing you can take home to flog!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,530 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Aghh just logged in to see the Museum is gonna take another day to build, it's the one thing I want built so I can get rid of all these creatures

You've all got it wrong Nook doesn't own that studio it belongs to a guy named Harvey

I thought he was doing 23 large in the big house.

Aghh just logged in to see the Museum is gonna take another day to build, it's the one thing I want built so I can get rid of all these creatures

Put them in storage in your house

Picking up a flower isn't enough to be able to plant it you need to dig it up you can pick up flowers too to use or sell but you need to did em to plant em

Anyone had a spade fail during the 8-swing-at-a-rock mini-rhythm game?

Just got a gold nugget. Thrilled.

Getting solidly into the groove of grinding activities for Nook Miles so I can get a ticket to grind an island for resources so I can advance the plot and get more activities that earn more nook miles. Still no sign of a shark. But I caught an Oar Fish and by golly it looks insanely big.

Zebra turkey fish looks like evolution pauused halfway through that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Banjo wrote: »
    Anyone had a spade fail during the 8-swing-at-a-rock mini-rhythm game?

Just got a gold nugget. Thrilled.

Getting solidly into the groove of grinding activities for Nook Miles so I can get a ticket to grind an island for resources so I can advance the plot and get more activities that earn more nook miles. Still no sign of a shark. But I caught an Oar Fish and by golly it looks insanely big.

Sharks don't turn up until June according to the internet. I did some time travelling yesterday to confirm a few things and saw a shark fin in the sea. Didn't catch anything or pick up anything or talk to anyone so the universe wouldn't explode around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,530 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well I just had a great expedition on my friend's island in Australia, picked up plenty of off-season creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Ahhh, I want this game so bad, but all the switches seem to be sold out right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

nintendoo wrote: »
    So, long term AC players, is this the best version ?

Still think I prefer New Leaf but wow the museum in New Horizons is so beautiful!! Deffo the best yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Ahhh, I want this game so bad, but all the switches seem to be sold out right now.

Damn - now you don't even have a Switch to play on the toilet or toilet paper either. Things are getting bad ! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Still think I prefer New Leaf but wow the museum in New Horizons is so beautiful!! Deffo the best yet!

If the Museum from New Horizons was real I would be in it all the time. So nicely laid out, beautiful displays. Superb.

I miss the Kapp'n and his shanties full of rambling advice...

And his granddaughter offering pennies for items she's a touch of the Nook in her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just got my switch today after ordering it from Symths on Sunday, downloaded this straight away!

Having fun but not much to do on the first day other than fish and watch our for tarantulas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

I am so loving this! Waiting for Isabelle and KK..... Love all my villagers, got Norma, Audie, she's funny!

I can waste the best part of a day just doing things :)

Advertisement