Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronovirus - Gamsat MARCH 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stranger_Ings

What time can we expect results?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Email said 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PhoenixD15

I think the next round after today will be the leaving cert one (this one is Round zero and the LC is Round 1) which is scheduled for Sept 11th. Round 2 is on Sept 23rd. After that a fresh round is issued each week for up to six weeks not by cao but by the universities. At least that is my understanding...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 humboldt

Had the bright idea of going for a rake of pints last night in the hope that I wouldn't wake up mad early looking for results... no such luck. Tired, anxious and hungover.

Best of luck everyone, hopefully I will be RCSI-bound and will see a few of you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bella11

PhoenixD15 wrote: »
    I think the next round after today will be the leaving cert one (this one is Round zero and the LC is Round 1) which is scheduled for Sept 11th. Round 2 is on Sept 23rd. After that a fresh round is issued each week for up to six weeks not by cao but by the universities. At least that is my understanding...

I doubt that’s it, most of the grad med courses start at the end of the month...they wouldn’t be offering up to that date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭taxignorant

humboldt wrote: »
    Had the bright idea of going for a rake of pints last night in the hope that I wouldn't wake up mad early looking for results... no such luck. Tired, anxious and hungover.

Best of luck everyone, hopefully I will be RCSI-bound and will see a few of you there!

Haha the damage that can be done in 105 minutes. I stayed up until 3am, couldn't sleep until 4 am, kids up at 6 am. Have refreshed CAO page around 3 times since. Hope y'all have a nice day planned, whether its a yes or a no, the sun is shining and there is always next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DivaDanto

Had the same bright idea @humboldt. Fragile today in both mind and body

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

hrvo1998 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many EU and international places there are going for UCC? i cant seem to find it anywhere online >:(

For grad med at UCC, it is approximately 50% EU.

Good luck everyone! Today will be burned into your memory so make sure you treat yourself. I had a spa day planned and felt I deserved it regardless of the outcome, which in hindsight was so true. This is a gruelling process and you have all come so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoundPony

This is the normal way but I thought somebody posted on here that the CAO told them round 1 was earlier than that - likely due to start dates.

Offers are up on CAO, I didn't get an email yet

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Hopeful GEM

How did everyone do? I got UCD! :)

RCSI here we come! Have the cutoff scores been released?

How did everyone do? I got UCD! :)

Me too! With 62 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 96MEDStudent

I got UCC with a 63, First Choice !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hopefulsucess

how can we find out where we are on the waiting list for places?

how can we find out where we are on the waiting list for places?

I think you'd have to wait for the cutoff scores to be released (?) and see if the dreaded * is beside your score

I have been through that before and it is grim

I got UCD (2nd choice) hoping to get bumped up to RCSI as it's closer to home but happy none the less :-)

Here are the cutoff's if anyone's interested. Good luck to everyone

RCSI: 61*, UCD: 59, UCC: 58*, UL: 56*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Cl101

Cut offs are on CAO now
    UCC 58*
    UCD 59
    UL 56*
    RCSI 61*

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bartman26

ma003 wrote: »
    Congrats guys thats fab! I missed out, thought I would get UL but the points must have risen cos I have a few points to spare but oh well! Really happy for you guys !

Ma003 don't lose hope you might get the offer in a later round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ma003

Bartman26 wrote: »
    Ma003 don't lose hope you might get the offer in a later round!

Thanks for that! Yeh I have the star beside my score so I guess theres a small chance !

Cl101 wrote: »
    Cut offs are on CAO now
    UCC 58*
    UCD 59
    UL 56*
    RCSI 61*

For comparison the 2019 scores:

University College Cork 58*
    University College Dublin 59*
    University of Limerick 55*
    Royal College of Surgeons 60*

Slight rises but some of these points may drop in the second round and beyond.

Thanks for that! Yeh I have the star beside my score so I guess theres a small chance !

Fingers crossed for you ma, it's agonizing waiting but I hope you have something nice planned for today. Plenty of offers and juggling around to happen yet.

Having seen people go through that before MA I'd be hopeful you'll get a call. Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hrvo1998

How do you get informed of getting another offer? is it by email or do you have to just keep checking the CAO?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hopeful GEM

I got UCD (2nd choice) hoping to get bumped up to RCSI as it's closer to home but happy none the less :-)
    In the same position as you! UCD isn't that bad at all though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ma003

Does anyone if its fairly soon after the the reply date for round zero that they give out other offers or does it drag out? I know its only a small chance but if I had a rough idea, I could make other plans!

Does anyone if its fairly soon after the the reply date for round zero that they give out other offers or does it drag out? I know its only a small chance but if I had a rough idea, I could make other plans!

MA I think there should be another offer within 2 weeks? But I'm not 100% how it will work with everything being backed up a little.

hrvo1998 wrote: »
    How do you get informed of getting another offer? is it by email or do you have to just keep checking the CAO?

I was second round for my first degree, and I got an email that time telling me that I had got another offer

+ I would say people will post here when second round offers are coming out

• Advertisement

In the same position as you! UCD isn't that bad at all though :)

Keep me posted with what happens for you. Did you attend their open day? I know nothing about UCD but am very familiar with RCSI. I wonder will there be an orientation of sorts. Exciting times :-)

Advertisement