Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

A positive case is not an outbreak or a cluster though.

Again never said it was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

kilburn wrote: »
    The account was split from the individuals account as they wanted to keep it seperate.

It's not hearsay it's a fact that i can confirm having spoken with staff members from school in the list.

The Twitter account is run by a statistician who has a keen interest in the area and they verify before publishing with the school and parents.

That is exactly what hearsay is... They said it, you are repeating it. Unless the actual staff members post it, its hearsay.

Hearsay is a statement made otherwise than in court, which is offered as evidence of the truth of its contents. In the narrow and commonly understood sense, a witness may not generally relay that which another person said on another occasion as evidence of the truth of what that person said.

phill106 wrote:
    Hearsay is a statement made otherwise than in court, which is offered as evidence of the truth of its contents. In the narrow and commonly understood sense, a witness may not generally relay that which another person said on another occasion as evidence of the truth of what that person said.

I take it you have read the posts where I named the webpage showing that actual letters before posting this so it's not hearsay the damn HSE letters are there for the world to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Are people having issues getting appointments to see a GP?

We've been trying to get our 1 year old seen but GP has been very insistent of getting Covid tests done before given his symptoms. We got one done last week and it came back negative last Friday. His condition then improved but deteriorated again in the middle of this week. We then tried to get an appointment but the same GP wanted a 2nd test done. We reluctantly agreed and he got one yesterday morning and awaiting the result. We reckon he most likely has a chest infection.

We'd rather not bring him into A+E but It's something we may have to consider if he gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,731 ✭✭✭✭phog

Are people having issues getting appointments to see a GP?

We've been trying to get our 1 year old seen but GP has been very insistent of getting Covid tests done before given his symptoms. We got one done last week and it came back negative last Friday. His condition then improved but deteriorated again in the middle of this week. We then tried to get an appointment but the same GP wanted a 2nd test done. We reluctantly agreed and he got one yesterday morning and awaiting the result. We reckon he most likely has a chest infection.

We'd rather not bring him into A+E but It's something we may have to consider if he gets worse.

Rang my GP last Monday week & got appointment for Wednesday of the same week. I was actually thinking it's easier to get appointments.

While at reception to pay, someone on phone got an appointment for that evening to see the GP - it might well have been an emergency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

phog wrote: »
    Rang my GP last Monday week & got appointment for Wednesday of the same week. I was actually thinking it's easier to get appointments.

While at reception to pay, someone on phone got an appointment for that evening to see the GP - it might well have been an emergency.

I think the killer with us is that his symptoms are also possible Covid symptoms, just frustrated at 2 tests in a week with no option to get him assessed. Might chance a video call with a GP over the weekend, Irish Life health have a Digital Doctor service.

Hopefully you get the result soon I would try to avoid Shannondoc and A&E if possible.

My smallie always gets chest infections best thing we ever bought was a nebulizer with salin and ventolin ask the GP to write a prescription will be useful over the winter.

Look into getting a salin plus machine can't recommend these highly enough for congestion in both kids and adults

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hopefully you get the result soon I would try to avoid Shannondoc and A&E if possible.

My smallie always gets chest infections best thing we ever bought was a nebulizer with salin and ventolin ask the GP to write a prescription will be useful over the winter.

Look into getting a salin plus machine can't recommend these highly enough for congestion in both kids and adults

My brother in law used to get them as a kid and my wife swears by having a nebuliser. I had a bad chest infection in late November and had to go to hospital and I went on the nebuliser. They are the bees knees.

My brother in law used to get them as a kid and my wife swears by having a nebuliser. I had a bad chest infection in late November and had to go to hospital and I went on the nebuliser. They are the bees knees.

Sorry Mr Bond but as you said that and not your brother in law or wife it's hearsay and I can't accept it as a fact it's only speculation.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Oh, FFS...

• Advertisement

Sorry Mr Bond but as you said that and not your brother in law or wife it's hearsay and I can't accept it as a fact it's only speculation.....

Eh I just said I was in hospital on a nebuliser and it was the bees knees. Comprehension skills lacking tonight Mr Kilburn?

Oh, FFS...

Eh I just said I was in hospital on a nebuliser and it was the bees knees. Comprehension skills lacking tonight Mr Kilburn?

Sense of humour lacking tonight folks was obviously a joke based on the last few pages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I can neither confirm nor deny a joke has occurred in the last few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Judging by the crowds going into a number of establishments in town tonight I'd say this thread will be going for a while yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Judging by the crowds going into a number of establishments in town tonight I'd say this thread will be going for a while yet.

Red Hen is packed every night last 2weeks seems it's the new messy student pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Numbers per 100k over the past 14 days per LEA: (number of cases in brackets)

NEWCASTLE WEST: 51.1 (14)
    ADARE-RATHKEALE: 101 (28)
    CAPPAMORE-KILMALLOCK: 17.2 (6)
    LIMERICK CITY WEST: 17.2 (6)
    LIMERICK CITY EAST: 36.8 (13)
    LIMERICK CITY NORTH: 126.8 (44)

* as of the 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 24,411 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

* as of the 14th

I didnt know they would break them down like this for Limerick. Where did you get these from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I didnt know they would break them down like this for Limerick. Where did you get these from

The Govt COVID Hub. https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

Thanks I had only ever seen the county breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

* as of the 14th

North side is shocking but no surprise.

• Advertisement

Sense of humour lacking tonight folks was obviously a joke based on the last few pages

Missed that one Kilburn. Not to worry..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Vinnie222 wrote: »

Shur they had a charity soccer match and no social distancing going by the photos

Vinnie222 wrote: »

One really interesting thing about the northside that I had never noticed before is how much more dense the population is compared to the other 2 LEA in Limerick

Leader covering the story about the footballer playing matches while waiting on test results mentioned above.

If it was Spain I believe it's a 1k fine for doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

Leader covering the story about the footballer playing matches while waiting on test results mentioned above.

If it was Spain I believe it's a 1k fine for doing that

Says a lot about this virus when you can be out playing football while infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Glenomra

snowcat wrote: »
    Says a lot about this virus when you can be out playing football while infected.

Brilliant observation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yes, it says that lots of people will not even notice they have it, which explains the extent of this pandemic. But this is nothing new, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

Cordell wrote: »
    Yes, it says that lots of people will not even notice they have it, which explains the extent of this pandemic. But this is nothing new, isn't it?

Extent? How many people did he give it to? Did he die? Did anyone he gave it to die? Is there exponential spread? But this is nothing new because we understand this virus better now. It is not lethal it does not spread exponentially. It effects a small cohort of people. Like lots of viruses/diseases. Can we move on now please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yes, these viruses are spreading exponentially, this is how they work.
    We will move on eventually, well, most of us anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Extent? How many people did he give it to? Did he die? Did anyone he gave it to die? Is there exponential spread? But this is nothing new because we understand this virus better now. It is not lethal it does not spread exponentially. It effects a small cohort of people. Like lots of viruses/diseases. Can we move on now please

953k deaths would say otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement