Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gallee

Some right lads in this thread

I work in a shop it's not my job to police if people wear masks or not , sure i can suggest it but if they say no it's a breach of GDPR to ask why

also I have an underlying condition should I be locked up inside for another how ever long this takes to go away .....like wow I wear a mask and work behind plexiglass and do all the precautions .

Bit of punctuation would help. One continuous sentence. Don’t know whether you are asking a question or making a statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Some right lads in this thread

I work in a shop it's not my job to police if people wear masks or not , sure i can suggest it but if they say no it's a breach of GDPR to ask why

also I have an underlying condition should I be locked up inside for another how ever long this takes to go away .....like wow I wear a mask and work behind plexiglass and do all the precautions .

I think you need to read up on GDPR because it's unlikely you would ever be in a scenario in a shop that involves it (unless you are handling customer information in an office) - asking someone why they are not wearing a mask is definitely nothing to do with it.

And nobody is saying those with underlying health conditions need to be locked away, but on the flip side the rest of us cannot be locked down forever either just because some people have underlying conditions. If you have anything that would make CV19 a much worse outcome for you then the onus is on you now to take extra precautions for yourself - that's the point. Nobody is advocating people being locked away until its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm in Belfast for a few days and if you think wearing of masks in Limerick is bad come here. There are way more people here, of all demographics/age groups not wearing them. Even had somebody in the pharmacy queue in boots not wearing one, if you can't wear a mask surely a visor, no?

I've to head to Dublin soon so will wear my mask as much as possible if I need to go someplace. Virus loves the Dubs it seems.

When in Limerick the only people I've not seen wearing a mask have been the shams. One girl in her pajamas pulled into a disabled space in Tesco and marched into the shop. She wasn't challenged so maybe they're laughing at the rest of us wearing ours, protecting basically her from the virus but we're not being protected from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,771 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Berty wrote: »
    I'm in Belfast for a few days and if you think wearing of masks in Limerick is bad come here. There are way more people here, of all demographics/age groups not wearing them. Even had somebody in the pharmacy queue in boots not wearing one, if you can't wear a mask surely a visor, no?

I've to head to Dublin soon so will wear my mask as much as possible if I need to go someplace. Virus loves the Dubs it seems.

When in Limerick the only people I've not seen wearing a mask have been the shams. One girl in her pajamas pulled into a disabled space in Tesco and marched into the shop. She wasn't challenged so maybe they're laughing at the rest of us wearing ours, protecting basically her from the virus but we're not being protected from her.

You can see that government advice really does seep in to people when you look at the difference in attitudes between Ireland and the UK. I have alot of friends in England and from looking at and listening to them they just are not thinking about the precautions half as much as we are when out and about.

As for Limerick outside of the shams in supermarkets deli counters at lunchtime seem to be another hot spot

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Berty wrote: »

I noticed the pyjamas are making a comeback when I was in Limerick last week.

So is Limerick passed the need for a lockdown?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I suppose we'll find out when the results of the pop-up test locations come through. If they're already included in the numbers, then we shouldn't be looking at another lockdown for a while.

I suppose we'll find out when the results of the pop-up test locations come through. If they're already included in the numbers, then we shouldn't be looking at another lockdown for a while.

Yes, that is exactly what the Insect Overlord would want us to think... :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yes, that is exactly what the Insect Overlord would want us to think... :eek:

Forget about 5G, the real conspiracy is the bees! :D

Forget about 5G, the real conspiracy is the bees! :D

See - spouting a another cover up!!!

I know it is the whaasps behind it all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I’m in Italy currently, everyone wears a mask indoors without exception. No made up exemptions or non effective visors.

• Advertisement

I’m in Italy currently, everyone wears a mask indoors without exception. No made up exemptions or non effective visors.

Have you been throughout the lockdown ?

Or are you on holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Have you been throughout the lockdown ?

Or are you on holidays?

I’m on my holipops, was here in February too just as it kicked off - couldn’t get out fast enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That's good to hear. The poor Italians have learned from experience. People in Ireland should remember the terrible footage from Italy back in March and April, it might knock sense into some.

I’m on my holipops, was here in February too just as it kicked off - couldn’t get out fast enough!

Considering how bad it was there, were you not worried about going?

I can't even bring myself to go to the cinema

We seem ok for now. Numbers stayed steady but no jump after the initial wave

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There was video online from a house party in castletroy Monday night, dozens of students living it up.

Glad I'm still working from home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I see the schools have taken over the local parks for PE, grand for them but not if you want to go for a walk.

Also amazing the local media hasn't reported a single case in a school in Limerick

kilburn wrote: »
    I see the schools have taken over the local parks for PE, grand for them but not if you want to go for a walk.

Also amazing the local media hasn't reported a single case in a school in Limerick

Which park?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Has there been a single confirmed case in a school in Limerick? I know of a few kids sent home, but not of any cases.

Has there been a single confirmed case in a school in Limerick? I know of a few kids sent home, but not of any cases.

Twitter @schools_19

One confirmed so far.

Know of a few cases where family and kids are positive but HSE never informed the school

• Advertisement

breezy1985 wrote:
    Which park?

Clare St

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Twitter @schools_19

One confirmed so far.

Know of a few cases where family and kids are positive but HSE never informed the school
    There may well have been a case in a Limerick school, but I wouldn't be taking the word of an anonymous 3 day old twitter account asking people to tweet them with info as gospel.

At the end of the day it's all hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

I can't even bring myself to go to the cinema

Saw tenet in odeon and it was class. Bit apprehensive about going but def worth it. Every second row was closed off. You walk in the front and after the film the staff let you out the emergency exit of that screen. Only 6 others at the showing we went to and plenty of space in between

There may well have been a case in a Limerick school, but I wouldn't be taking the word of an anonymous 3 day old twitter account asking people to tweet them with info as gospel.

At the end of the day it's all hearsay.

The account was split from the individuals account as they wanted to keep it seperate.

It's not hearsay it's a fact that i can confirm having spoken with staff members from school in the list.

The Twitter account is run by a statistician who has a keen interest in the area and they verify before publishing with the school and parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone seen issues with big house parties out by UL, because out by my sister's, LIT students are going like it's rag week, at least 6-7 different houses mixing within her estate, and plenty of students travelling to these parties with all the taxis

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Anyone seen issues with big house parties out by UL, because out by my sister's, LIT students are going like it's rag week, at least 6-7 different houses mixing within her estate, and plenty of students travelling to these parties with all the taxis

I'm not near the student estates but theres a fair few UL students living with their parents in my estate, have to say aside from two house parties over the summer they've been OK. Tbh its been quieter than normal with the pubs closed, not as many groups shouting as they come home in the wee hours compared to before.

Could be completely different up towards Milford though.

c.p.w.g.w wrote:

Anonymous tip to the gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anonymous tip to the gardai

Will they actually do anything, I thought they rejected the proposal of new powers that deals with house parties

c.p.w.g.w wrote:
    Will they actually do anything, I thought they rejected the proposal of new powers that deals with house parties

No but they can enforce the nuisance/noise after 11pm issue and unofficially tell them to cop the f on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

No but they can enforce the nuisance/noise after 11pm issue and unofficially tell them to cop the f on

And the house partiers can quite rightly tell them go F and there's nothing that can be done except for a follow up in the days/weeks after. Unless they want to use the Covid powers, there's nothing that can be done for house parties (even though most do calm down once the Gardai arrive).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement