Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

So you have no idea if they are doing social distancing properly then? They can't control what happens out on the street.

Well they profit from that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Glenomra

The Locke is excellently run and is currently probably the city's best attraction. Nice food, outdoor seating in a lovely location. No problems re social distancing any time I pass or enter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Glenomra wrote: »
    The Locke is excellently run and is currently probably the city's best attraction. Nice food, outdoor seating in a lovely location. No problems re social distancing any time I pass or enter it.

Is it possible to have a drink outside without having food.?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

washman3 wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

washman3 wrote: »

Food gives a protective layer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

YFlyer wrote: »
    Food gives a protective layer.

What does that even mean? The idea of the food is to dissuade people from moving from pub to pub on a crawl. It doesn't protect against anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

What does that even mean? The idea of the food is to dissuade people from moving from pub to pub on a crawl. It doesn't protect against anything.

I think its called sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

7 new cases in Limerick today.

Any idea what is driving these new cases? Has there been a cluster/outbreak identified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

If it has anything to do with the largest retailer on the Childers Road, it’s complete bolloçks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Confirmed case in Claughan GAA club, no idea if it's a player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Anyone in around the shops today with the new mandatory face mask wearing in shops? Is it happening? I'm due the weekly shop soon, and just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Yup, very high compliance.

Poorside wrote: »
    Confirmed case in Claughan GAA club, no idea if it's a player

Shannon RFC too. Both club activities suspended

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shannon RFC too. Both club activities suspended

Any links for that one? I saw a tweet from Claughaun, but hadn't seen anything from Shannon yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

You are going to be busy with PM'S IO !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Would ye not let me celebrate United getting to the Europa League semi-finals in peace?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

PMSL.... knee this would happen earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Some very nosy people here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Anyone in around the shops today with the new mandatory face mask wearing in shops? Is it happening? I'm due the weekly shop soon, and just wondering.

I was in town for the first time since Feb on Sunday. I went to B&Q and Homestore. Then to the Crescent where I was in Pennys, H&M and the Design Outlet. B&Q all wearing masks. The Crescent was well organised with barriers making a one way system and a sign at all doors into the centre stating masks to be worn. I wasnt obviously aware of anyone other than children not wearing one. The centre and even Pennys wasnt too full mostly due to the amazing weather i imagine. Homestore was a different matter. Shop was organised with a one way system and plenty of staff to help but aisles are narrow and some customers just getting on top of you. One man (30ish) who was just in front of me had no mask and spent about 20 minutes in the store talking on his phone (well i was about 20 minutes there and he was still there when i left and on the phone) . Up and down the aisles back and forth, wandering and picking up stuff all over and putting it back. He had no basket or trolley and i didnt see him buy anything. At one stage he was just stopped at a section i needed to get something from just chatting on his phone so i got a staff member to get me what i needed. Another group of people, it looked like a family but all adults, 4 or 5 of them were wandering the store eating ice cresm cones. I dont know why they were even let in. I planned on buying bed linen but just bypassed that section as they were there.
    Some people have gone back to seeing shopping as a social occasion. I will admit nothing i bought was absolutely necessary but was on a list of things to replace when possible and i was alone.
    We need to get the economy going but not by risking each others health and particularly that of the shop assistants who are dealing with these idiots all day.
    At least now with the legislation people can be stopped entering shops.
    In the Crescent i did see a few older people wearing a face shield rather than a mask. Not as effective i imagine but a good compromise I know some people are going to say for health reasons they cant wear a mask, then for health reasons to protect yourself dont go wandering in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Any links for that one? I saw a tweet from Claughaun, but hadn't seen anything from Shannon yet.

Shannon cancelled their kids camp which was supposed to start yesterday.
    Case is related to the Cratloe GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A better way to view the figures nationally, as we cannot seem to see a local figure for testing(unless you can find one), is that in the last 48 hours(up to last night) there were 8,529 test completed with 124 of those people being positive meaning 98.6% of people did NOT have Covid19(at the time of the test). The reason you take the test is because you're a close contact, have symptoms or within a cluster(like a factory) so when you view the negative percentage then we should all feel much better.

Another good indicator is the low level of deaths. In some places they are referred to as "accelerated deaths" in that some of those people were dying or had serious medical conditions and they died because their bodies couldn't fight off the effects of Covid19. Our rates of deaths have been quite low for some weeks now, with those days where they were high being late balancing.

tony1980 wrote: »
    PMSL.... knee this would happen earlier

Think I've got everyone. Thanks for making me feel so popular on my birthday. :D Anyone I missed, PM me.

Shannon cancelled their kids camp which was supposed to start yesterday.
    Case is related to the Cratloe GAA.

Also related to the Claughan case I’m led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Happy Birthday

Is there anything to be said for another PM??

Irish people love Gossip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Also related to the Claughan case I’m led to believe.

Jaysus them GAA lads must be like rabbits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Think I've got everyone. Thanks for making me feel so popular on my birthday. Anyone I missed, PM me.

I would only feel left it now if I didn't ask for one, any chance of firing it this way.

Happy Birthday IO !

Mental note to myself....never ever say I have info but can't post here

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Unless validated the information in the PM is really just Gossip.

Remember months back people were jostling to find out what shop in the Crescent had a case and turns out that 4 shops were mentioned.

Then again, who doesn't love Gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Berty wrote: »
    Unless validated the information in the PM is really just Gossip.

Remember months back people were jostling to find out what shop in the Crescent had a case and turns out that 4 shops were mentioned.

Ever since he tried to have that Limerick Loveliest Man competition fixed i never trusted anything IO says to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Berty wrote: »

Pm me with the name of the person who doesn't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

My test this week will be to not ask for a pm . Holding strong atm but the long nights will be starting to roll in ...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement