Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 May o Shea

Hi guys, has anyone been called with a total score of 111 for a pre recorded interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adaptor101

I got through as well, anybody any idea what number they are at on the current batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mbwb

I got my interview results and I also made it through! am delighted :)

it's open for another year, you will be called within a couple of months probably. Panels last 2 years from the start date of competition. There are lots of AP vacancies across Dublin to be filled, in my own Department they have appointed approx 20 APs in the last 8 months and still have vacancies for more and I am in one of the smaller Departments. @tap28

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boarder 123

Made it through too. Absolutely delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 AMR_83

Congrats to those who got through to the panel. I didn't qualify unfortunately. I don't know what more I could've done in the interview to be honest; so guess it just wasn't meant to be. 1st time doing one of these comps... disappointed to fall at the final hurdle... but guess it's all experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pdbtsi

Adaptor101 wrote: »
    I got through as well, anybody any idea what number they are at on the current batch?

Congratulations to everyone who completed the interview! I am going through the employment clearances and checks at the moment and I was no 6 on open for batch 2.2 (I think - those who did final interview in mid-December). Seems to be moving very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

May o Shea wrote: »
    Hi guys, has anyone been called with a total score of 111 for a pre recorded interview

Not yet. Last time, batch 3 regional, got their interview results mid- december and the following week the video invites for batch 4 ( those getting their interview results now) so it could be in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

AMR_83 wrote: »
    Congrats to those who got through to the panel. I didn't qualify unfortunately. I don't know what more I could've done in the interview to be honest; so guess it just wasn't meant to be. 1st time doing one of these comps... disappointed to fall at the final hurdle... but guess it's all experience.

Sorry to hear that, it’s tough after making it through to the last stage and all the hard work. Great experience though and it’ll stand to you next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

Pdbtsi wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone who completed the interview! I am going through the employment clearances and checks at the moment and I was no 6 on open for batch 2.2 (I think - those who did final interview in mid-December). Seems to be moving very quickly.

I was 13 in the same batch and am also going through clearance and checks at the moment. What department did you get?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

Is there anyone else here who moved location since applying for this and now the choice of region doesn't suit anymore? Covid opportunity was too good to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

Sorry to hear you didn't make it through, it is tough after making it so far. I do think that it can be hard to translate private sector experience into something that will tick the right boxes in civil service interviews. Also the competency based interviews are a very specific approach that can take a while to get used to.

If you are really interested in trying again, I know people have found the interview training from Carr Communication or other similar providers to be useful. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Not yet. Last time, batch 3 regional, got their interview results mid- december and the following week the video invites for batch 4 ( those getting their interview results now) so it could be in the next week or so.
    The next batch called through there now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

What score are the taking it from in this batch??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

Yes! I am trying to find some advice previously given on this thread on video interview. Does anyone know on what page I can find it?

TrishaK wrote: »
    What score are the taking it from in this batch??

My score is 107

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

My score was 113.

Would anyone know what numbers were panelled for counties Kildare and Wexford in the first regional batch?

Edited to add I've received invitation to stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

Milenauno wrote: »
    My score is 107

Were you called with a score of 107 for Dublin?

Tomjim wrote: »
    Were you called with a score of 107 for Dublin?

Yes, for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

Yes, for Dublin

Does anyone know what was the lowest total score they’ve now called for Dublin? Thank you

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what was the lowest total score they’ve now called for Dublin? Thank you
    I see 107 mentioned above. last batch was about 120-115, so this seems to be 114 to at least 107.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭billyhead

Yes, for Dublin

That can't be true because I'm higher than that and haven't been called. I'm Dublin too. I'll contact them on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

billyhead wrote: »
    That can't be true because I'm higher than that and haven't been called. I'm Dublin too. I'll contact them on Monday.

Maybe it's the interdepartmental stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The Third Policeman

Anyone know how far they have gotten on the Cork and Tipp panels.

As a general query, do they call specific location panels as well outside of the Dublin group?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Anyone know how far they have gotten on the Cork and Tipp panels.

As a general query, do they call specific location panels as well outside of the Dublin group?

Hi,

I was in the last round of interviews for Dublin and I had ticked both Dublin and Tipperary.

In the email about making the Dublin panel they stated "As this round of interviews was only for the Dublin, Westmeath, Meath and Longford regions, you will receive your order of merit for any other chosen location (if any), should we reach your place for that region."

I am guessing that they have not called people for interview specifically for Tipperary yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Perhaps look for interview feedback from PAS.
    May help for future competitions..

Advertisement