Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pdbtsi

Just done and found them a lot easier that the practice set. Best of luck everyone and enjoy the weekend.

That's great to hear, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Done.

I found them easier than the practice set too in fairness.

There's no 'submit' button at the end, once you're done and it says 'you have no more to do' it submits by itself I'm guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Is there negative marking?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Orchid1

Nekro Man wrote: »
    Done.

There's no 'submit' button at the end, once you're done and it says 'you have no more to do' it submits by itself I'm guessing?[/quote

How did you find the timing?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Orchid1 wrote: »
    Done.

There's no 'submit' button at the end, once you're done and it says 'you have no more to do' it submits by itself I'm guessing?[/quote

How did you find the timing?

Verbal was fine, it's the one I'm most comfortable with anyway.

I couldn't finish the numerical practice in the time allotted but I finished the actual test, admittedly skin of my teeth but I finished.

• Advertisement

Orchid1 wrote: »

Verbal was fine, it's the one I'm most comfortable with anyway.

I couldn't finish the numerical practice in the time allotted but I finished the actual test, admittedly skin of my teeth but I finished.

Well done! I’m fully expecting not to be able to finish the numerical

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Caip79

is it possible to login to do the practice tests then complete the main tests at another time? and can we start the main tests in any order?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Rainbowstar

My link for the tests didn't work - it re-directed me to the public jobs website.
    This has never happened me before so I had to call to get link emailed and it worked fine on testing.
    Just an FYI for those with limited opportunity to sit these tests in peace (no kids etc). It's worth testing before-hand.
    You can just log-out once it's working.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

My link for the tests didn't work - it re-directed me to the public jobs website.
    This has never happened me before so I had to call to get link emailed and it worked fine on testing.
    Just an FYI for those with limited opportunity to sit these tests in peace (no kids etc). It's worth testing before-hand.
    You can just log-out once it's working.

Yeah, my link was completely wrong - but I found that if i removed the publicjobs.ie bit from the URL it brought me to the correct site

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Anyone know is there negative marking? I emailed the link they sent but they sent back a response saying they don't divulge such information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 mariagirl

Hi, I think I will get the tests out of the way on Sunday. Does anyone know any good sites where I could practice? I was thinking of buying some practice tests but it's a bit late in the day now I think! The SHL practice test link issued by PAS last week in the pre test material oesnt give the answers which I really need to see to help me learn, especially in numerical. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

job prep uk have tests specific to AP position. i signed up and you get 2 weeks i think for €40. steep but worth it imo, guides and tests very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

Just finished aswell.. had a headache after it.. 100 questions on the 3rd one (albeit radio button selection.. but the amount of thinking and reading :rolleyes:)

Glad it's done now.. good luck to all.. I think I deserve a glass of wine tonight :p

Happy4 wrote: »
    Just finished aswell.. had a headache after it.. 100 questions on the 3rd one (albeit radio button selection.. but the amount of thinking and reading :rolleyes:)

Glad it's done now.. good luck to all.. I think I deserve a glass of wine tonight :p

Well done! 100 questions for the situational judgement?! Gulp

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinboard

I wouldn’t bother, really quite straightforward. All done now for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

I've gotten worse at the maths. DIdn't think that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dellbell111

Hi, glad to hear people found them ok today :) how many questions were in each section and how much time for each section, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Brera

Caip79 wrote: »
    job prep uk have tests specific to AP position. i signed up and you get 2 weeks i think for €40. steep but worth it imo, guides and tests very helpful

I had a look and all I could see was tests for AO. Do they have any tests specifically for the AP position ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WerdnaBe

Hi, glad to hear people found them ok today :) how many questions were in each section and how much time for each section, thanks!

Hi All,

Did the tests yesterday evening and the questionnaire this morning.

Timing was the same as the pre-tests.

The numerical was 6 graphs/tables with 3 questions on each of them. Verbal was also 3 questions per paragraph. I found this an easier layout than the pre-tests as you got to know the info for 3 questions rather than having to decipher new information each time.

There are practise tests before each assessment if you wish to take them. DO NOT BE THROWN IF YOUR NUMERICAL PRACTISE TEST IS HARD... MY PRACTICE TEST WAS SO HARD COMPARED TO MY ACTUAL TEST!

The questionnaire gave a paragraph with 5 possible levels of effectiveness as opposed to the 2 in the pre-test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Brera

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Done.
    Never really know how these things go so the wait is on.
    Best of luck to everyone.

My link also would not work but as another poster said edit it to remove the public jobs part.
    I was a bit confused as usually when you get a link to aptitude tests it takes you straight in but mine to me to a sign up page.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

WerdnaBe wrote: »
    Hi All,

The numerical was 6 graphs/tables with 3 questions on each of them. Verbal was also 3 questions per paragraph. I found this an easier layout than the pre-tests as you got to know the info for 3 questions rather than having to decipher new information each time.

There are practise tests before each assessment if you wish to take them. DO NOT BE THROWN IF YOUR NUMERICAL PRACTISE TEST IS HARD... MY PRACTICE TEST WAS SO HARD COMPARED TO MY ACTUAL TEST!

The questionnaire gave a paragraph with 5 possible levels of effectiveness as opposed to the 2 in the pre-test.

Are these a different format so the practice ones? Possibly more like the cut-e ones? Sounds like they’re nicer than the practice ones we got. I was actually considering not doing them at all. Barely scraping 57% in verbal.

Hi All,

When you say you did the questionnaire what do you mean? I'm just wondering can you do a section on different days or are all tests to be done in one sitting? I think they're all in one sitting but time-wise if I could do the situational another day it'd be super.

ammg wrote: »
    Is there negative marking?

There's no negative marking you're just scored for the ones you get right!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Do you need to do them all on the same day?

Are these a different format so the practice ones? Possibly more like the cut-e ones? Sounds like they’re nicer than the practice ones we got. I was actually considering not doing them at all. Barely scraping 57% in verbal.

I'm not familiar with the cut-e but the format was quite different to the practice test supplied last week.

DO THEM! What's the worst that can happen!

When you say you did the questionnaire what do you mean? I'm just wondering can you do a section on different days or are all tests to be done in one sitting? I think they're all in one sitting but time-wise if I could do the situational another day it'd be super.

Yes, as advised by PAS, sections can be done on different days.

By questionnaire, I mean the situational judgment questionnaire.

Yes, as advised by PAS, sections can be done on different days.

By questionnaire, I mean the situational judgment questionnaire.

That's super - I never knew that. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 dellbell111

Thanks for the update :)

Advertisement