Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I had a VM installer connecting up 240 meg yesterday in my new house and I asked him if he knew when the box would be out. He said October they were told.

Wouldn't be drawn on the speed of the box unfortunately.

If it's October there's not a hope I'll be sticking around with them long enough to find out what it's like.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

@LenWoods

I’m noticing a tendency, in your posts, for you to throw or even shoehorn a link to your own site in. I’d prefer if you restricted this to occasional mentions where relevant.

Also the backseat moderation in the post above isn’t welcome and, in fact, illustrates that you knew exactly what the topic was and you still chose to take the thread off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

icdg wrote: »
    @LenWoods

I’m noticing a tendency, in your posts, for you to throw or even shoehorn a link to your own site in. I’d prefer if you restricted this to occasional mentions where relevant.

Also the backseat moderation in the post above isn’t welcome and, in fact, illustrates that you knew exactly what the topic was and you still chose to take the thread off topic
    I have no desire to derail any thread however I will respond to this post accordingly as I have been called upon once again,

I am aware of some people's grievance towards my posting of links which I do in an effort to assist and share knowledge with others and in doing so; i seem to get a few likes from fellow users of boards, or "Thanks" as they are called here
    The linked site is not mine, I only link as it is a more modern format of forum which allows images to be displayed alongside text without the use of a third-party website, unlike the decade old retro throwback forum we have become a custom to here.
    If boards supported images along side text I wouldn't be linking then I'd be posting more detailed content.

The content which I link is more irrelevant on the forum which it is posted on than it is in the threads on boards which I'm posting the link in,
    I don't see the issue whats the real issue and where is the gain For either of us to be reading and responding?
    I don't think anyone is going to be signing up to a ford forum for home improvements or DIY advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

LenWoods wrote: »
    I have no desire to derail any thread however I will respond to this post accordingly as I have been called upon once again,

I am aware of some people's grievance towards my posting of links which I do in an effort to assist and share knowledge with others and in doing so; i seem to get a few likes from fellow users of boards, or "Thanks" as they are called here
    The linked site is not mine, I only link as it is a more modern format of forum which allows images to be displayed alongside text without the use of a third-party website, unlike the decade old retro throwback forum we have become a custom to here.
    If boards supported images along side text I wouldn't be linking then I'd be posting more detailed content.

The content which I link is more irrelevant on the forum which it is posted on than it is in the threads on boards which I'm posting the link in,
    I don't see the issue whats the real issue and where is the gain For either of us to be reading and responding?
    I don't think anyone is going to be signing up to a ford forum for home improvements or DIY advice

521499.jpg

Thats on my hard drive uploaded to boards.ie

Manage Attachments->Choose File->Upload-> Click Current Attachment Link->Copy&Paste into Insert Image Window after clicking Image Link button->Done!

(Hopefully ICDG will appreciate that I kept the image link on topic! :D )

Any existing customers have any luck getting the new box yet? I see it's on their site but they're looking for a fair bit more than I'm currently paying and with less channels. Planning to give them a call later but wanted to see if anyone else had success upgrading first!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Where is on their site? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Any existing customers have any luck getting the new box yet? I see it's on their site but they're looking for a fair bit more than I'm currently paying and with less channels. Planning to give them a call later but wanted to see if anyone else had success upgrading first!

It's looking like 10 euro less for me so I'm happy to jump on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Am I missing something or is their idea of an upgrade to offer half the number of TV channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dannyor1990

I went to order about 30 minutes ago, keeping my same pack but just looking to upgrade from horizon to the new 360 box and I got an error message saying that there is technical difficulties when submitting my order. I presume I'm not the only one experiencing this issue and that there is high traffic volume on the website causing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

There's only the basic TV pack available on the new box - Value/Mix. I'm currently on the Max/Full House pack so no point upgrading for lesser channels as previously mentioned

There's only the basic TV pack available on the new box - Value/Mix. I'm currently on the Max/Full House pack so no point upgrading for lesser channels as previously mentioned

I've sent them a message asking if I can keep my current package and get the new box, will update on here if I hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dannyor1990

If you have the full house (all services), you need to select that you are an existing customer by choosing "Yes"-Select all TV, Broadband, Home Phone and Mobile (if applicable).

Choose "Find a new Bundle" and then select "The Bigger than Big Bundle" for €104 per month. The 100+ max channels etc is included in that pack along with getting the new 360 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

"4K as standard

Enjoy everything you watch in glorious ultra HD"

That's beside the Sky Cinema & Sky Sports logos giving the false impression both are available in 4K

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Kevrano

Is there a new broadband hub too? The pic on the upgrade hub page has a pic of a new device

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

106 euros is scandalous for a service we should have had when that horizon box junk came out first..i aint paying the extra for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Carp01

Checked today and Ultra HD 2160P is on sky sports.

I'll post and update when it arrives tomorrow and I've taken it for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

This is surreal, having held off for so long (my Sky contract finishing on Monday Aug 3rd) thinking the 360 box might be coming out this month I finally added TV to my broadband package on Tuesday. I did ask about the 360 box and the rep on WhatsApp said they hadn't a clue when the 360 box was going to be made available and the only box on offer was the Horizon.

I only got hold of the horizon box today and set it up this evening and then check the thread.

Why would a rep tell me they'd no idea when the 360 box was available when just over 24 hours later it's on their site.

I know I've the statutory 14 day cooling off period to return Horizon but why cause all this hassle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

"4K as standard

Enjoy everything you watch in glorious ultra HD"

That's beside the Sky Cinema & Sky Sports logos giving the false impression both are available in 4K
    On Sky, there is no full time UHD channel on the EPG - instead specific programmes are available in 4K, and you are promoted to press select for Ultra HD. Would have thought it would operate similarly on Virgin?
    nicelives wrote: »
    Why would a rep tell me they'd no idea when the 360 box was available when just over 24 hours later it's on their site.

I know I've the statutory 14 day cooling off period to return Horizon but why cause all this hassle.
    Always assume Customer Service knows nothing about a change until it happens or is just about to happen. They really are the last to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭bren2001

Carp01 wrote: »
    Checked today and Ultra HD 2160P is on sky sports.

Wheres the option to add sky sports to the "upgrade"? I can't see it on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Has any of the testers been able to confirm the 360 minis work fine over wifi when using your own Router ( hub in bridge mode ) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

I just spoke to virgin media, they said you get a new 12 months contract at full price, so if you are on any deals, they end. The multi room has also gone up to €15 with the new 360 gear. I think its still 11 on the regular multiroom.

The only other thing he said,with which to take a pinch of salt is, he heard from the backroom engineers that 90% of the stations will be on replay tv, with 30 days full of programmes. That sounds incredible, maybe some of the current subscribers can tell us if that's the case.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Wheres the option to add sky sports to the "upgrade"? I can't see it on the website.

You have to select aftwrwards

Very impressed so far! It's lightening fast. Intuitive. Issue with recording at the moment but sure will get that fixed later.

Bodan wrote: »
    I just spoke to virgin media, they said you get a new 12 months contract at full price, so if you are on any deals, they end. The multi room has also gone up to €15 with the new 360 gear. I think its still 11 on the regular multiroom.

The only other thing he said,with which to take a pinch of salt is, he heard from the backroom engineers that 90% of the stations will be on replay tv, with 30 days full of programmes. That sounds incredible, maybe some of the current subscribers can tell us if that's the case.

Spoke to them earlier as well and heard the same.

Only have a month left on my contract so can upgrade then, still trying to decide whether to stick with Virgin or switch.

I could make a fair saving by switching to sky or Vodafone but my internet has been great with Virgin so I'm a bit hesitant to give that up. The horizon box really is a disaster so I'd be tempted to give sky a go but on the flip side I've had issues with their Internet in the past. Is the 360 box a significant improvement on horizon?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Will they send out the box since your already installed
    Or
    do they send someone out to Install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

LenWoods wrote: »
    Will they send out the box since your already installed
    Or
    do they send someone out to Install it?

I ordered one today and it's being sent out Tuesday.Also you keep the Horizon box,they don't want them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Bodan wrote: »

There is more replay than the older horizon box for sure but nowhere near 90% and its only 7 days, not 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

does the mini box require a coax connection, does anyone know or is it wifi based?

Advertisement