Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Got the 1GB bundle "The Big Beast" or whatever it's called for €84 pm for a 12 mo contract (that's me averaging out 6mo of 56pm and 6mo of 112 pm). New box should be delivered by end of the week. Took a bit of complaining (I'd been overcharged for a few months), so might not be achievable for every negotiating customer, but just to set expectations. I see the same bundle is now on the website for new customers at 75pm, but I wouldn't expect any existing customers to be offered that, so depends if you want to go through the hassle of cancelling and opening a new a/c through your SO's name or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did the router come with the v360 or did you have to ask for it,I thought they were rolling it out on a phased basis.

The separate router box has been available for a couple of years now. I declined the first offer from VM as I was happy with the Horizon Wi-Fi but accepted the second time round as I knew the next generation TV box would not have the networking function integrated.

If you're still on a Horizon box, I'd ask them for a router now and get that all set up before you upgrade from Horizon to a TV360. It will make the transition a bit easier if you do it in two steps, rather than a big bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

coylemj wrote: »
    The separate router box has been available for a couple of years now. I declined the first offer from VM as I was happy with the Horizon Wi-Fi but accepted the second time round as I knew the next generation TV box would not have the networking function integrated.

If you're still on a Horizon box, I'd ask them for a router now and get that all set up before you upgrade from Horizon to a TV360. It will make the transition a bit easier if you do it in two steps, rather than a big bang.

Already on the V360, just wondering the best way to get the new black router, maybe just give them a call,see what they say, thanks.

Already on the V360, just wondering the best way to get the new black router, maybe just give them a call,see what they say, thanks.

Upgrade to 500Mb or 1Gb by the looks of it.....

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband/buy-a-broadband-package/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Upgrade to 500Mb or 1Gb by the looks of it.....

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband/buy-a-broadband-package/

500 meg will work on the white one.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know which channel/box set/on demand category 'The Rook' is listed under in the TV360 box? I found it by searching for it by name but am puzzled as to where it's listed in the catalogue. It's a spy drama miniseries in 4K (UHD).

Wikipedia says that it's broadcast in the UK on the 'Virgin TV Ultra HD channel'. When I scroll through the various categories and box sets on my TV360 box, I can't see it listed. Just worried that I might be missing other UHD programs.

Does anyone know which channel/box set/on demand category 'The Rook' is listed under in the TV360 box? I found it by searching for it by name but am puzzled as to where it's listed in the catalogue. It's a spy drama miniseries in 4K (UHD).

Wikipedia says that it's broadcast in the UK on the 'Virgin TV Ultra HD channel'. When I scroll through the various categories and box sets on my TV360 box, I can't see it listed. Just worried that I might be missing other UHD programs.

Your dead right,it is hard to find, but I had a look,if you go into on demand and hit the search icon top left,then key in The Rook you should find it.Z

Your dead right,it is hard to find, but I had a look,if you go into on demand and hit the search icon top left,then key in The Rook you should find it.Z

Yes, I found it ('The Rook') by searching for it by name. I mentioned that in my post above. I've already watched two episodes.

My question is.... is it listed under any category so that you'd find it when browing the catalogue? Because if I hadn't seen it mentioned in this forum as one of the 4K series on VM, I'd never have known it existed.

Yes, I found it ('The Rook') by searching for it by name. I mentioned that in my post above. I've already watched two episodes.

My question is.... is it listed under any category so that you'd find it when browing the catalogue? Because if I hadn't seen it mentioned in this forum as one of the 4K series on VM, I'd never have known it existed.

Gotcha,my mistake, not sure really,I think they decided to bury it so no one would know they have 4k content.😀😀

Found it. Along with ‘The Feed’ (also 4K), it’s in the middle of a large catalogue of pay movies. Where you don’t expect to find a miniseries which is free to view.

Go into ‘On Demand’ and scroll down to the categories, then select ‘Drama’. The first four lines shows a collection of oldie TV dramas like The Vicar of Dibley, Only Fools & Horses etc. Below that is a collection of movies, arranged in alphabetical order by title and with a price below each one. But hiding in that collection of about 70 movies you will find ‘Feed, The’ and ‘Rook, The’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

lertsnim wrote: »
    500 meg will work on the white one.

Is there any other difference between black and white hubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

I have a horizon box which has tonight started to make a loud humming noise.

I have three other boxes ( one out in the garage).
    Can you replace the horizon box with one of the new V60 boxes and keep the current multi room boxes you have?

On the website it looks like if you get a new v360 box you have to replace your existing multiroom boxes with newer ones which work off broadband which (a) are 15 euro a month extra instead of 11 and (b) which wouldnt work in my case as the garage is out of reach for broadband.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Press the microphone symbol on remote and say "4k". 2 4K show's will come up. easy.

Is there any other difference between black and white hubs?

The black one has higher specifications. Think it has more channels for wi-fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭tjhook

I'm on the Horizon box, 360mb package. €102 per month, similar price to the new 500mb package.

I had been thinking about ringing up and trying to get a discount. Now I'm thinking it'd be nice to move to the TV360 package at 500mb. Has anybody managed to do both together? I.e. upgrade and a discount? Or is that a bit much to hope for?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

Anyone get any good offers (better than new customer offers) on contract renewal recently?

My cancellation request is in progress and will be cut off in a couple of days. The last thing they offered when I was cancelling was a deal that's worse than the current new customer offers.

Might just go to Sky now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

califano wrote: »
    Found out it needs to be set up as 'Ziggo Mediabox Next'.

One thing I cant stop is the box switching off when I change HDMI ports using harmony remote. Even when I check the power settings to 'Keep on always on but switch off when off button is presses'.
    I even tried 'keep device always on' but still the box switches off when hdmi changes. I then done the same with my tv device but same!.
    Are you having this ussue?.

My contract is up for renewal soon and looking at getting the 360 box depending on what they offer

So I have the Logitech Harmony Elite and a few routines set up so only use the one remote

So how are you getting on with the box and the Elite? Dont want to get it and cannot synch with remote etc

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

We came to the end of our contract last year and I tried getting the 360 box out of them but they would only offer discounts on keeping the Horizon box. Ended up actually cancelling and another person signed up as a new customer. The 360 box is much better in fairness.

Of course the initial cancellation still isn't fully resolved despite me ringing them 4/5 times to confirm it since I didn't get an email from them. They are still trying to bill me and charge me fees for missing direct debit payments (I cancelled the direct debit at the suggestion of one of the VM reps I got when they realised the cancellation wasn't put through properly by them initially):rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Could some kind soul who has the 360 measure it and post the exact dimensions? Family member needs to know it will fit in existing set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PO!NT

I also have a question, can you plug and play when switching over to the 360tv from a horizon box or does it have a different coax cable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

spurious wrote: »
    Could some kind soul who has the 360 measure it and post the exact dimensions? Family member needs to know it will fit in existing set up.

9x6x2.5 W, D, H inches.
    Height is a little less probably close to 2.3 inches

MAJJ wrote: »
    9x6x2.5 W, D, H inches.
    Height is a little less probably close to 2.3 inches

+1 agree with those numbers.

In metric.... 23 (W) x 15 (D) x 6 (H) cms. All of the connectors are at the rear.

360 Main Box 23cm Width 5cm Height 15cm Depth.

360 additional Boxes 23cm Width 3cm Height (No Hard Drive) 15cm Depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Delta2113 wrote: »
    360 Main Box 23cm Width 5cm Height 15cm Depth.

360 additional Boxes 23cm Width 3cm Height (No Hard Drive) 15cm Depth.

5.7 cm and 3.4 cm respectively with the feet measured from tabletop to top of box is what my ruler is saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PO!NT

Did anyone switch from a Horizon box to a 360 box?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

PO!NT wrote: »
    Did anyone switch from a Horizon box to a 360 box?

I think most posters here did, myself included.

PO!NT wrote: »
    I also have a question, can you plug and play when switching over to the 360tv from a horizon box or does it have a different coax cable?

Yes, same cable, plug and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Anybody on here a concession customer and get a deal to switch to the beast bundle from horizon box?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eire girl

Just looking at upgrading from the horizon box to the new 360 box and wondering is it actually worth it?
    Our horizon box is always glitching, dropping recordings, losing sound etc, but one of the Virgin sales team actually said that the 360 is still having issues and aside from having the different profile options, isn't actually all that much better or faster than the horizon?
    Which I thought was bizzare for them to say but refreshingly honest if that's the feedback they're still getting about it.
    It'd work out about €40 a year more expensive to have the 360 but I'm so used to the horizon box at this stage I don't think I'd be bothered if it wasn't actually miles better?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Eire girl wrote: »
    Just looking at upgrading from the horizon box to the new 360 box and wondering is it actually worth it?
    Our horizon box is always glitching, dropping recordings, losing sound etc, but one of the Virgin sales team actually said that the 360 is still having issues and aside from having the different profile options, isn't actually all that much better or faster than the horizon?
    Which I thought was bizzare for them to say but refreshingly honest if that's the feedback they're still getting about it.
    It'd work out about €40 a year more expensive to have the 360 but I'm so used to the horizon box at this stage I don't think I'd be bothered if it wasn't actually miles better?
    Thanks!

I was a trial customer for both horizon and 360. Horizon has always been slow and crap.
    360 works as you would expect and is reasonably fast and intuitive. Night and day experience and the 360 is what should have been been delivered when horizon was released.
    However the pricing is too much and I'm looking to move to sky as I prefer sky q

Advertisement