Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

mollser wrote: »
    Eventually got this paired again with a combination of the helpful advice here plus one other important step as follows:

1. Take batteries out of remote
    2. Switch off box using switch at the back
    3. Leave for a few minutes
    4. Insert batteries
    5. Switch on box.
    6. NB: when the welcome screen is showing, do the pair remote action, I.e. hold TV and 0 for 10 seconds.

Then it all worked again! 2 months I've been trying to do this lol

Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

I see rte have removed catch up tv altogether, no option to play from start on any show now. What a petty operation. Also means I'm less likely to watch their news now. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

mollser wrote: »
    I see rte have removed catch up tv altogether, no option to play from start on any show now. What a petty operation. Also means I'm less likely to watch their news now. Ah well

Particularly annoying given the awful state of the RTÉ “Player”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Virgin Media Customer's deserve an explanation for removal off replay function from RTE 1 and RTE2. My guess is RTE threw a hissy fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Virgin Media Customer's deserve an explanation for removal off replay function from RTE 1 and RTE2. My guess is RTE threw a hissy fit.

Probably the same reason why Virgin keep their channels off the Saorview Connect service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭paulski999

Delta2113 wrote: »

+1

Looks like you can still get RTÉ player content via “on demand” not as easy as the replay feature. Agree about an explanation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Installed my new 360 box this morning, all going well regarding the TV etc but my broadband is still only at 250mb but I’ve signed up for 500mb.
    Before I ring Virgin Media is there anything I should have done while setting up the box?
    I don’t see anything in the manuals that came.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

You might have to restart the router. I didn't have to restart mine when I upgraded to the 360 bundle but in the past I did have to restart when moving from 120 to 240 broadband.

RTE Player only SD on 360 - Replay was HD.

You might have to restart the router. I didn't have to restart mine when I upgraded to the 360 bundle but in the past I did have to restart when moving from 120 to 240 broadband.

Thanks
    Tried that still no joy.
    I guess I’ll have to ring them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

ewc78 wrote: »
    Thanks
    Tried that still no joy.
    I guess I’ll have to ring them.

thats wired or wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Is their billing completely broken?

I mean I'm not complaining, but 2/3 months in and I am paying less than I did before I added TV 360.

Before I had just had broadband it was 60+ then I added tv and it's dropped to 50ish...

When I visit the billing section on the portal it tells me bill total is 80 euro (the correct amount) when I expand that it says total due 53 euro. Erm... fine.

There are loads of credits for calls (I don't use the phone) Four lines of credits actually, and then a separate discount of 10 euro (which they offered). Very odd. In fact, every line on billing history has a different amount due - when you expand it's always a different amount actually billed...

Happy days but defiantly wrong on their side...

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Hi All,

Apologies this is probably covered elsewhere, but the thread is 51 pages long and so hard to trawl through.

Moved house in August, place was prewired for Virgin so got their broadband and tv, and having been a sky customer for 10 years I find the horizon box frustrating to the point of being borderline unusable.

Is the 360 box a marked improvement? Is it possible to get one as an existing customer without it costing an arm and a leg and if so is there any guidance on how to get that? As it stands I'm pretty much counting the days to July to be able to cancel and get sky installed.

So much better, Night and day in responsiveness and ease of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

So much better, Night and day in responsiveness and ease of use.

Good to know.

Obviously I signed up with a new customer offer, so I'm paying reduced terms for the first year. There anyway to get the new box without massive additional costs? Or do I have to wait out the first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

Faker74 wrote: »
    Good to know.

Obviously I signed up with a new customer offer, so I'm paying reduced terms for the first year. There anyway to get the new box without massive additional costs? Or do I have to wait out the first year?

I tried to get the new box, I'm on a loyalty discount and they will not budge. I presume it's the same as a new customer on an introductory discounted rate.

You can get the new box on "The Bigger than Big Bundle", but it's €104 a month.
    I'm going to wait until July until my discount expires and order it then.

You get used to the Horizon box after a while. And to be fair to VM, I find the picture a lot better than Sky, where you have to pay extra for HD channels.

Col_30 wrote: »
    I tried to get the new box, I'm on a loyalty discount and they will not budge. I presume it's the same as a new customer on an introductory discounted rate.

You can get the new box on "The Bigger than Big Bundle", but it's €104 a month.
    I'm going to wait until July until my discount expires and order it then.

You get used to the Horizon box after a while. And to be fair to VM, I find the picture a lot better than Sky, where you have to pay extra for HD channels.

I got the new box for a €88/ month for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

ewc78 wrote: »
    I got the new box for a €88/ month for 12 months.

Fair play to you. I wasted a whole day of my life trying to get it for free, but they wouldn't do it..
    So you got the 500MB broadband, 32 HD channels plus home phone for €88?

Col_30 wrote: »
    Fair play to you. I wasted a whole day of my life trying to get it for free, but they wouldn't do it..
    So you got the 500MB broadband, 32 HD channels plus home phone for €88?

Yeah just did it online was an upgrade offer I saw on the website.
    Box came today. Was all pretty easy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Has anyone been able to get the new box to work with an LG tv remote. I've an LG C8 and when I go through the set top box setup and select virgin media it doesn't detect the remote after several attempts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Has anyone been able to get the new box to work with an LG tv remote. I've an LG C8 and when I go through the set top box setup and select virgin media it doesn't detect the remote after several attempts

Try UPC

Try UPC

Yep that did it thanks

Can you explain a little bit more about what you are trying to do?

A universal remote you need to choose UPC/D4A/Mediabox as teh new box uses the old codes ( from teh box before horizon)

But it also kinda sounds like you're trying to use the TV to receive cable.. which isnt going to work at all.

The STB connects to HDMI and the HDMI sends the STB, via the HDMI manufacturer detection protocols, what TV you have and the STB remote uses the manufacturer codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Got the 360 yesterday. As a Horizon survivor, I was skeptical of going back to Virgin but it's night and day. Interface is very quick, no delay changing channels, none of the bugs (yet) that plagued Horizon and appears to be less superfluous crap than before also.

The new router (black one) is a a nice piece of kit. I'm on the 500 MB package, the router is in my sitting room and up in the attic I'm still getting 150 MB on WiFi.

Can you explain a little bit more about what you are trying to do?

A universal remote you need to choose UPC/D4A/Mediabox as teh new box uses the old codes ( from teh box before horizon)

But it also kinda sounds like you're trying to use the TV to receive cable.. which isnt going to work at all.

The STB connects to HDMI and the HDMI sends the STB, via the HDMI manufacturer detection protocols, what TV you have and the STB remote uses the manufacturer codes.

I just want to do some basic stuff like change channels on the virgin box with my LG tv remote. I got it working by setting the box up using the UPC option in the LG device connector menu

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Got the 360 yesterday. As a Horizon survivor, I was skeptical of going back to Virgin but it's night and day. Interface is very quick, no delay changing channels, none of the bugs (yet) that plagued Horizon and appears to be less superfluous crap than before also.

The new router (black one) is a a nice piece of kit. I'm on the 500 MB package, the router is in my sitting room and up in the attic I'm still getting 150 MB on WiFi.

Did the router come with the v360 or did you have to ask for it,I thought they were rolling it out on a phased basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

Good to see that Replay TV has been restored to RTÉ 1 and 2 on my 360 box. It must have been a technical error earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

AJB39 wrote: »
    Good to see that Replay TV has been restored to RTÉ 1 and 2 on my 360 box. It must have been a technical error earlier in the week.

Restored with fast forward still disabled. Noticed it was back and I hoped playback controls had been restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Did the router come with the v360 or did you have to ask for it,I thought they were rolling it out on a phased basis.

I am a new customer, just FYI. But they're giving the new router on the 500 mb and 1 Gb packages, otherwise you still get the white one.

• Advertisement

Restored with fast forward still disabled. Noticed it was back and I hoped playback controls had been restored.

RTE won't give permission for fast forward.

Advertisement