Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Virgin won't supply a mini-scart. I wouldn't recommend using one with the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

When Virgin Media say "all games" what they really mean is all Irish and UK teams' matches, not every single game. They only have 6 Extra Sport channels. But I do agree it's false advertising

Channel 450 I think gives an interactive menu of the matches available. It had all the Europa League games on that the last time I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Scart -you mean HDMI?

Sorry - yes HDMI - I'm old skool :)

Apparantly the box froze a couple of days ago, so the family took it upon themselves to unplug everything at the back, hdmi and all. Since then the remote has been unpaired.

Does a factory reset delete all the recordings on the 360? This is the level of desparation I'm at

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

lertsnim wrote: »
    Channel 450 I think gives an interactive menu of the matches available. It had all the Europa League games on that the last time I looked.

Only one or two were in use last time, would like to choose some European games if possible,not just the British teams.

@mollser - you can keep your recordings with factory reset.

That Virgin Media Sport App is pretty useless (remember it on Horizon) - it just changes the channel off your box. It actually switched me to Sky Sports which was not showing the match.

• Advertisement

mollser wrote: »
    Sorry - yes HDMI - I'm old skool :)

Apparantly the box froze a couple of days ago, so the family took it upon themselves to unplug everything at the back, hdmi and all. Since then the remote has been unpaired.

Does a factory reset delete all the recordings on the 360? This is the level of desparation I'm at

- Maybe the remote froze? - batteries out for 30 seconds then back in should sort this.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

So I messaged VM on what's app, as the discovery channel is saying not subscribed.

They want to arrange a tech visit at a cost of 50 euro.

Now this channel has never worked. And I just paid them 50 euro a few days ago to "activate" the service. What are they playing at. I guess I can live without discovery, but a terrible way to do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They want to charge you €50 for something that is their fault? I'd be looking for the cancellation department.

- There is a big bundle and a bigger bundle (I know stupid names). If you are only on the big bundle then you don't get Discovery. You would have to upgrade for the higher bigger bundle.

No matter what, you don't need a service Tech out but even if they decided to send a Tech it would be free -no charge. Agent hasn't a clue by the sound off it.

Yes. I can tell by the message is a subscription issue. I told her it does not look like an issue that needs a callout... She "sent a signal" to the box, which she said would take 3 minutes but it did nothing.

All bundles seem to include Discovery (the main channel I know there are other branded discovery channels not included) - https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/).

My sub - has 50 channels which clearly has discovery HD listed. I can watch Discovery +1 and Discovery on demand, seems odd, I only noticed this now as it's very far down the EPG.

It's not too much of an issue but it also affects replay on Drama channel.

- There is a big bundle and a bigger bundle. If you are only on the big bundle you should get 3 knowledge channels Discovery,Discovery +1 and DMax. Bigger bundle has 14 knowledge channels.

A friend off mine had this issue with Discovery and it was sorted without a Tech visit.

No matter what, you don't need a service Tech out but even if they decided to send a Tech it would be free -no charge. Agent hasn't a clue by the sound off it.

• Advertisement

No she won't shift on the cost.

As it's been 30 days since I signed up I must have a tech visit, and pay 50 euro. She advised I should have Discovery channel and a tech visit is required.

It's not so much the loss of the channel than the way they treat customers! All this is after waiting 3 days for an activation signal to be sent to my box to enable it, and then an adaptor sent out so I could split my broadband and tv.

Sorry Kurn - you replied to my deleted post - I was correcting myself. I would get back on to them again.

As I said my friend had the same Discovery problem.

Murdoch Mysteries is frozen for weeks and they never had episode 2 off Adult Material on the Channel 4 player (fair enough maybe channel 4 issue but still an issue).

Kurn wrote: »
    No she won't shift on the cost.

As it's been 30 days since I signed up I must have a tech visit, and pay 50 euro. She advised I should have Discovery channel and a tech visit is required.

It's not so much the loss of the channel than the way they treat customers! All this is after waiting 3 days for an activation signal to be sent to my box to enable it, and then an adaptor sent out so I could split my broadband and tv.

-Get back on to them again. Tell them you know you don't need a tech. Your entitlements need to be checked for Discovery.

Mention others are having the same issue with Discovery. As I said my friend had this issue. If you have twitter go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What does the package with the 360 cost? I’m existing customer.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What does the package with the 360 cost? I’m existing customer.

I got 10 euro off what is on the website. The billing says I currently owe 135, but when I open the PDF it says 115 :rolleyes: No idea what there doing.

-Get back on to them again. Tell them you know you don't need a tech. Your entitlements need to be checked for Discovery.

Mention others are having the same issue with Discovery. As I said my friend had this issue. If you have twitter go that route.

No luck, tech visit is required she already did a refresh of entitlements. She said there are no reported issues with discovery. I will try twitter, but will probably have no luck there. She said if the tech finds it's not an issue that requires him/her I can request a refund (I'm sure that will be easy).

@Kurn - explain to the Tech that his visit isn't really necessary but they insisted. He will need to phone them and probably get your package re-loaded. Try obviously without being forceful not to let the Tech leave your house until you see Discovery working otherwise you'll be back on to them wasting even more off your time.

If your entitlements are wrong - a refresh won't fix them.

You could try a factory re-set before the tech comes but it may not work. I've done this on my additional 360 box. It can easily take 15 or 30 minutes -forget how long it took. It is basically a mini computer.

You can keep your recordings - it might even keep your planned recordings -not sure so just take a photo off them.

Might save you having to have a visit but no guarantee it will work but worth a try.

@Kurn - explain to the Tech that his visit isn't really necessary but they insisted. He will need to phone them and probably get your package re-loaded. Try obviously without being forceful not to let the Tech leave your house until you see Discovery working otherwise you'll be back on to them wasting even more off your time.

If your entitlements are wrong - a refresh won't fix them.

You could try a factory re-set before the tech comes but it may not work. I've done this on my additional 360 box. It can easily take 15 or 30 minutes -forget how long it took. It is basically a mini computer.

You can keep your recordings - it might even keep your planned recordings -not sure so just take a photo off them.

Might save you having to have a visit but no guarantee it will work but worth a try.

She has said she is investigating on her end a little more. Thanks for your help Delta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Has anyone got multiroom viewing with a 360 mini box? or whatever they're calling it?

deravarra wrote: »
    Has anyone got multiroom viewing with a 360 mini box? or whatever they're calling it?

-Yes.

• Advertisement

-Yes.

Connection via coaxial cable, WiFi, or a combination?

You need coaxial cable for LIVE tv and box uses WiFi for replay and On Demand.

would have been a good option if it were wifi alone like sky q mini.
    Is there still an €11 for the multiroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So its not wireless like sky for normal TV, only recordings?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So its not wireless like sky for normal TV, only recordings?

Correct, wireless only for recordings and on-demand/catch-up

deravarra wrote: »
    would have been a good option if it were wifi alone like sky q mini.
    Is there still an €11 for the multiroom?

Full price 360 mini boxes are €15 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Loughc wrote: »
    Correct, wireless only for recordings and on-demand/catch-up

Are you absolutely sure about this? The multi room set up video only refers to hdmi and power cable being required and the option of wifi or ethernet. At no point does it mention the need for coax. Thanks

https://www.virginmedia.ie/virgintv360support/multi-room-viewing/

Oh my God that video needs to be done again. Yes you need connection to outlet box for Linear Tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

It was good until it lasted. Virgin had disabled forwarding on catch up TV on RTE. Makes it rather pointless now having to replay in real time when you want something 40 minutes into a show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

It was good until it lasted. Virgin had disabled forwarding on catch up TV on RTE. Makes it rather pointless now having to replay in real time when you want something 40 minutes into a show.

I was just about to post but you beat me to it.Noticed it tonight on the 6 o'clock news and checked back the Afternoon Show on replay TV and it's the same,I had a prog recorded from last night and it forwarded ok but recorded a prog tonight to double-check and it was disabled with a notice saying"this function is not available on this channel". They finally make something useful and three months later they start taking functions away.So they want us to suffer Rte 1 and Rte2 with no skip option.Madness.

Advertisement