Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Does anyone know is it possible to change the start recording before and stop after time for planned recordings? Do I need to just delete it and set it up again?

You can do it on the box and even on the app. Check in settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Here's a slightly off kilter question, and very much a 1st world problem. I have Sky q, and think it's great *but* the reception is failing. Neighbour has a tree that's grown hugely this year, blocking our signal and I think trimming it will cost a small fortune. Sky unable/won't move the dish, and said I should cancel.

So, is 360 good enough to sign up for compared to sky, or should I sell a kidney and save Sky Q?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭CoBo55

the corpo wrote: »
    Here's a slightly off kilter question, and very much a 1st world problem. I have Sky q, and think it's great *but* the reception is failing. Neighbour has a tree that's grown hugely this year, and I think trimming it will cost a small fortune. Sky unable/won't move the dish, and said I should cancel.

So, is 360 good enough to sign up for compared to sky, or should I sell a kidney and save Sky Q?!

Save sky Q...
    Start a go fund me page!!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭tjhook

Searching this thread, there's a comment some time ago that the remote is RF rather than IR. Can somebody confirm that's the case?

The old Horizon box also has an RF remote, but the box accepts a handful of IR codes for the most important functions.

I'm wondering if my fancy universal remote would be useless with the new 360 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Anyone getting any decent deals off VM at the moment, Sky contract up soon and not getting anything from them and bill will be going up to 115 a month. Only getting 80mb off the broadband currently and its being a bit flaky last 3 months & not watching huge amount of TV mainly streaming content and a bit of the Irish channels so I'm thinking of switching to the 1gb package if I can get any sort of a deal off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My contract is up on Vodafone so would consider switching. Has the TV box improved as it was woeful a few years back? Not seeing much reason to move its more expensive, slower Internet. Surprised how expensive it is for a bundle, used to have it for around 50 euro.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

tjhook wrote: »
    Searching this thread, there's a comment some time ago that the remote is RF rather than IR. Can somebody confirm that's the case?

The old Horizon box also has an RF remote, but the box accepts a handful of IR codes for the most important functions.

I'm wondering if my fancy universal remote would be useless with the new 360 box.

It uses the old D4A/Mediabox/UPC codes for IR.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

One thing I find amusing about virgin TV (I had sky in the past). Is that QVC, SYFY channel and FOX require a higher plan! But the 360 box is great, not better than SKYQ, but simple and works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

On Friday (Oct 30th) last, I asked VM on WhatsApp if they wanted my old Horizon and multiroom boxes back, this was the reply....
    We'd be happy to arrange the pickup of the equipment. Please contact our collector directly on 01 440 5310 or by e-mail to vmequipmentcollections@actavo.com to arrange a time that suits you
    So I contacted actavo, they asked me to supply the 'CA ID' of each box, that's the serial number below the first barcode. Which I e-mailed to them and this morning I got this .....
    Thank you for your email.

We can confirm for you that the equipment CAID: <Horizon and multiroom serial numbers> you have is now non-current equipment.

The equipment is no longer collected so you can recycle the equipment if you are happy to do so.

All of the TV bundles on the VM website now show the new box only so it looks like Horizon is officially 'end of life' and they don't want them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Does the new 360 box and router have to be wired together?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Marco85 wrote: »
    Does the new 360 box and router have to be wired together?

It doesn’t have to be. They recommend it is for faster streaming speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Loughc wrote: »
    It doesn’t have to be. They recommend it is for faster streaming speed.

Great thanks

Does anyone know what way the subscription rights works on 360 box?

For example on demand tells me I'm not subscribed to programs on demand for the Drama channel - even though I can watch the channel live, and on alibi I can watch the channel live, but catchup tells me I'm not subscribed. Is this a mistake or do you need a higher level package, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Does anyone know how you can watch the various Europa League games as advertised, when they promote them on tv they say all matches available but if I go to the VM sports channels list there is normally only maybe one or two extra,yet they advertise all games available live.I have the VM TV app and media player on my phone and they aren't there either, thanks.

@Shamrock64 - Do you have Tv with Virgin?

- Do you have Broadband with Virgin?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    @Shamrock64 - Do you have Tv with Virgin?

- Do you have Broadband with Virgin?

Yes,TV, broadband and phone with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

When Virgin Media say "all games" what they really mean is all Irish and UK teams' matches, not every single game. They only have 6 Extra Sport channels. But I do agree it's false advertising

Virgin Media Sports do show every single UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League match. They don't show all UEFA Nations League matches.

Grand total off 7 but Extra 6 is not used much.

Virgin Media Sports do show every single UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League match. They don't show all UEFA Nations League matches.

Yeah, it's a shame the other channels aren't used for the best of the other games.Thanks.

Kurn wrote: »
    Does anyone know what way the subscription rights works on 360 box?

For example on demand tells me I'm not subscribed to programs on demand for the Drama channel - even though I can watch the channel live, and on alibi I can watch the channel live, but catchup tells me I'm not subscribed. Is this a mistake or do you need a higher level package, does anyone know?

- Does your replay tv function work?

- Sounds like your full entitlements are not set up on your account. You don't need a Technician out to your home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

There was 24 Europa League matches yesterday and every other Thursday in the Group stages

Apologies -your correct mackersdublin - just show's you I fell for the false advertising.

- Does your replay tv function work?

- Sounds like your full entitlements are not set up on your account. You don't need a Technician out to your home.

Yes, everything else works, replay on all other channels. Just wanted to see if it was just me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

After a reset of the 360 box by switching off at the back, my remote has unpaired itself from Samsung tv. Worked perfectly up to yesterday, have tried holding "OK" and 0 button for 10+ seconds as recommended, and tried the pairing mechanism in settings, just won't work.

This is for volume and on/off.

Any other tips?

Thx!

Take batteries out off remote for 30 seconds and put back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Take batteries out off remote for 30 seconds and put back in.

Thanks, but still not happening. Have disconnected scart, unplugged box, batteries out. Waited a couple of minutes. Booted it all back up and nothing, so frustrating!

Scart -you mean HDMI?

Scart -you mean HDMI?

The Remote uses HDMI manufacturer signalling to set the TV codes. Scart doesnt carry this info so good call!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The tv box actually has a scart connection? I haven’t seen one in years.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The tv box actually has a scart connection? I haven’t seen one in years.

A 9 pin DIN, which makes it even more obscure! smaller form factor but hardly what people have lying around.

Advertisement