Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China. A (not) great bunch of lads.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Multiple points, many of which addressed a number of your previous wild claims.

I'm not dodging at all. You set the scenario and I asked the value of that scenario. Simple logic. What are the benefits of your scenario?

You're arguing like a child. I've never argued against the reasons why people think China should be criticized. I have pointed out the rather strong bias since they've shown no similar concern for disease or problems coming from other nations... I've also pointed out the silliness in claiming that China should simply be better, because, well... no reasons. they just should be! :rolleyes:

And I've asked a number of times now, about the actual practical/realistic value of these demands for action.

Your idea of answering is rather.... limited. It might be great craic, but it's boring. You're unwilling to engage in a proper discussion about the subject, except as a giggling child. I've given you numerous chances to debate/discuss your points... and nothing beyond words scrambled together.

Enough.

You again :)

Talking shoite about your "multiple points but can't make a point" again.

Here's another shot for you, state your argument against mine.

You asked me what my point was, I stated it in one single, clear sentence.

I asked you to do the same. You couldn't.

Give it another go. You know my argument. Make yours.

Captcha wrote: »
    I've stopped buying products / brands associated with human rights issues. I've stopped buying Chinese products as much as possible (this is harder than you might think)... While in China, I did visit a couple Muslim restaurants to support them and they are afraid, even though they are there now, they are walking on eggshells.

Where were you in China? You speak Mandarin then? It's interesting that they would relax enough to tell a stranger how afraid they were.

I have Muslim friends in Xi'an. A rather sizable Muslim community exists there and has for centuries. They're rather famous actually, and while they do face some discrimination, it's not worse than before. Unless you were visiting Muslim restaurants in Xinjiang? Which would be interesting since I have students from Xinjiang studying in Xi'an, and few of them are walking on eggshells... but then they're not stupid enough to antagonize the Chinese authorities.
    I. Myself don't understand how the Covid 19 virus has ended up discussing the Aids virus of the 1970 s to now. The scaremongering is beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Well.. you could read the thread. :D

But I'll make it easy for you. One of the likely origins of AIDS was bushmeat in Africa. So the link is due to the category of meat butchered/eaten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

beejee wrote: »
    You're a joke. I genuinely hope you don't spread that ignorance to anyone.

Put up an argument, if you can.

I'll help you out cos I'm a great person, "I don't believe the homosexual community was the most impactful vector of HIV across the world BECAUSE...."

Finish that sentence, go for it. At least the other guy struggled to do something, you've collapsed after putting on the boxing gloves :p

Let's hear it.

You sound like someone I was talking with last night.

You couldn't be are you?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    You sound like someone I was talking with last night.

You couldn't be are you?

Not only is it improbable, it is impossible. I don't associate with people who's idea of an argument boils down to "so Phil lynott was gay?"

:p

You again :)

I thought about posting up a decent answer.. but what's the point? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Not only is it improbable, it is impossible. I don't associate with people who's idea of an argument boils down to "so Phil lynott was gay?"

:p

How many names do you have?

I thought about posting up a decent answer.. but what's the point? :rolleyes:

So you admit your answer was not decent.

I'll add to that. It was insufficient, imprecise, and had the same resemblance of an "answer" as a pebble-dashed toilet to a tap dancing rhinoceros. Not much, in other words :p

How many names do you have?

On my planet, all beings are assigned an individual,
    unpronounceable number.

But I have come to earth to educate you, out of the warmth of my double hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You're arguing like a child.

Your idea of answering is rather.... limited. It might be great craic, but it's boring. You're unwilling to engage in a proper discussion about the subject, except as a giggling child. I've given you numerous chances to debate/discuss your points... and nothing beyond words scrambled together.

Enough.

I think the first sentence above gets to the heart of the matter.

You're trying to argue with a child (and I think the poster is actually a child, not behaving childishly) using logic. A waste of time unfortunately.

I think the first sentence above gets to the heart of the matter.

You're trying to argue with a child (and I think the poster is actually a child, not behaving childishly) using logic. A waste of time unfortunately.

What is this, a village idiots convention?

Maybe you can use your adult powers to make an argument.

Or are you going to dissipate like an odourless fart as well?

Make an argument, if you think you can :)

• Advertisement

On my planet, all beings are assigned an individual,
    unpronounceable number.

But I have come to earth to educate you, out of the warmth of my double hearts

Enjoy your lucidity , it rarely lasts.

Enjoy your lucidity , it rarely lasts.

Not only has my lucidity increased by every second of life, it has sharpened into an intellectual rapier of such precision that I can peel atoms off your shrinking brain at will. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

A new report has found that China is forcing sterilisations and abortions on the population of Xinjiang in order to lower the Uighur birth rate, and increase Han dominance over the region:

https://apnews.com/269b3de1af34e17c1941a514f78d764c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A new report has found that China is forcing sterilisations and abortions on the population of Xinjiang in order to lower the Uighur birth rate, and increase Han dominance over the region:
    https://apnews.com/269b3de1af34e17c1941a514f78d764c

Ethnic cleansing, but sure you don't hear anything much about #ULM in the West. Non stop face scanning and flashing of QRCodes to get past every door.

A similar but more subtle program has been rolled out in Irn:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/02/01/iran-uses-national-card-fresh-discrimination-against-bahai/
    Iranian authorities have removed the Baha'i faith from the list of recognised religions on the new national ID card, which lists only Islam, Christianity, Judaism and Zoroastrianism as options.
    A core tenet of the Baha'i faith is upholding the truth, which would prevent followers from lying on the form about their religion.

These ID cards have to be produced very often, daily: even for casual shopping, and naturally as part of any more formal job interview process. Safe to say ticking anything except for Isl, and you likely won't be getting that job, house, car, loan, sale, lease, grant, business nor opportunity.

Advertisement