Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China. A (not) great bunch of lads.

Options
  • 03-03-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭

The Covid19 event has and will continue to have a massive effect on our world for months/years to come. If one positive comes out of it it's that it has shone the spotlight on China and some of the disgusting practices that nation is partaking in and will continue to partake in unless they are called out on it by the international community and we stand together to stop it.

Yeah the guy in the following clip has an agenda against China but a lot of what he say's is true in particular there pillaging of africa and it's resources for their own good. Iv'e found the media to be missing in action in regards calling out Xi Jinping for what's happening in his country whilst at the same time spending ludicrous amounts of time focusing on the American president (himself no angel).

This post isn't meant as an attack on the people of China but rather it's leadership and the direction it is taking as regards the destruction of the planet. We need to do better at addressing the issue for the good of us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msrqE87yTRs

Comments

Nice food though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Chances are the device you are using to post this rant was made in China. Irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Nice food though..

Dogs would disagree tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Dogs would disagree tbh.

My dog loves Chinese food.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

huawei knows where you live OP

• Advertisement

Chances are the device you are using to post this rant was made in China. Irony.

Not a rant and how could you of possibly watched the link if you posted so soon after the thread opened.

Also yes my device is made in China like most of our stuff, that doesn't mean we should just ignore what's going on there. We all have to play a part and start a conversation.

Not a rant and how you of possibly watched the link if you posted so soon after the thread opened.

Also yes my device is made in China like most of our stuff, that doesn't mean we should just ignore what's going on there. We all have to play apart and start a conversation.

I'm not going to watch a YouTube video chat you already described as agenda driven. Cop on.

I'm not going to watch a YouTube video chat you already described as agenda driven. Cop on.

Thanks for the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

in particular there pillaging of africa and it's resources for their own good.

1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Imagine one of the results will be a shake up in the supply chain of many organisations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Nice food though..

I like a bit of crispy duck now and then, but for my money Indian grub is much better.

Thanks for the input.

You're welcome, I find your hypocrisy amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Is there a thread for this sort of nonsense in the “Current Affairs” forum?

The tide is turning…

jimgoose wrote: »
    I like a bit of crispy duck now and then, but for my money Indian grub is much better.

Crazy talk..

Have you tried Szechuan bat?..it's unreal..

I started ordering "Thai" food from Camile. Have you tried it?

You're welcome, I find your hypocrisy amusing.

I find your dismissal of what China are getting up to equally amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Crazy talk..

Have you tried Szechuan bat?..it's unreal..
    No, but duly noted.
    I started ordering "Thai" food from Camile. Have you tried it?

Not from Camile, but I do like Thai. The brother also swears by Korean barbecue and bibimbap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

OP. I completely agree. The Chinese government are the absolute dredges of society. Brutal authoritarian dogs.

No, but duly noted.

Not from Camile, but I do like Thai. The brother also swears by Korean barbecue and bibimbap.

I deffo recommend trying Camile if you get the chance. Im converted from my Chinese and Indian restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

People tend to ignore what they do in places like Tibet and to people like the Uighurs because China makes stuff they want to buy. It’s also quite far away. There’s also a small pinch of that admiration of communism that still exists with some of the lunatic and vocal fringe on the far left.

It’s the Israel/Palestine stuff that captures the hearts and minds in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Is the Title of this thread in relation to the Chinese people or the Chinese Gubberment.

OP. I completely agree. The Chinese government are the absolute dredges of society. Brutal authoritarian dogs.

They are absolutely despicable alright. Listen i can't say ive been banging this drum for all that long (it's a learning process for me also) but it would be helpful if the media looked into the goings on in China that little bit more compared to the US as one example.

Again this isn't a deflection tactic nobody is saying the US, the UK, France etc..all haven't got their own issues but there seems to be more transparency and focus on them than China in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Is the Title of this thread in relation to the Chinese people or the Chinese Gubberment.

The Chinese government mostly however the Chinese people themselves are partially complicit. The Chinese government is afterall made up of Chinese people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

They need to stop eating s**t

Did you not read the OP :confused:

Also why do people on Boards refer to the government as gubberment, iv'e never seen it anywhere else?

The Chinese government mostly however the Chinese people themselves are partially complicit. The Chinese government is afterall made up of Chinese people.

I blame us here in the west as much as the Chinese people tbh. The CCP is the real issue here and also the governments of the western worlds "look the other way" policy when it comes to them.

I dismissed nothing, you posted a link to a video and acknowledged it's an agenda driven piece. Far better had you posted something unbiased tbh, but you didn't.

People tend to ignore what they do in places like Tibet and to people like the Uighurs because China makes stuff they want to buy. It’s also quite far away. There’s also a small pinch of that admiration of communism that still exists with some of the lunatic and vocal fringe on the far left.

It’s the Israel/Palestine stuff that captures the hearts and minds in Ireland.

Communist in name only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

How is it ironic? (IF the device was made in China).

• Advertisement

Did you not read the OP :confused:

Also why do people on Boards refer to the government as gubberment, iv'e never seen it anywhere else?

Im talking about the title.

Advertisement