Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China. A (not) great bunch of lads.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Um... still waiting for an actual argument...

It's rather amusing actually. It's like the US movies with the gangsta teenagers on the basketball court, with their hip-hop gestures/moves, throwing slang and fancy sentences at each other.. (Yes, I'm feeling my age).. but actually saying nothing of value..

You haven't provided a counter argument. No facts. No links. Nothing. Just a rinse and repeat dismissal of other posters opinions. Care to actually contribute rather than continuing to rant?

A counter argument to what?

Try to put your thoughts, such as they are, into a coherent point.

Into one sentence, clearly, pose your "argument".

Then I'll obliterate it. Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭skallywag

beejee wrote: »
    You assume uncorrectly

:pac:

skallywag wrote: »
    :pac:

You tipped your toe into the trap, good non-committal answer with the smiley face :p

Then I'll obliterate it. Go.

Nah. Wrote enough with extremely little return on value.. I'll wait for an actual post that's not a rant...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You tipped your toe into the trap, good non-committal answer with the smiley face :p

So what specific community did spread the HIV virus?

You really are dodging the answer on this one, especially considering your considerable knowledge about everything?

• Advertisement

Nah. Wrote enough with extremely little return on value.. I'll wait for an actual post that's not a rant...

Oh man!

China, whether it's culture, people, government or what have you, presents a serious health problem to the world, demonstrated by a decades long run of producing one disease after another, therefore "china" should by all reason be the target of international intervention.

There, easy. One coherent, if lengthy, sentence.

Do you disagree? Do you have a point, or, daresay, a counter-point?

"Ive said enough" when asked to make a point is the opposite of making a point. A point. An apex. A summation. Do you have one?

IAMAMORON wrote: »

You really are dodging the answer on this one, especially considering your considerable knowledge about everything?

I don't need to dodge anything so weak as the argument you're dying to make. Your bait simply breaks across my iron chest of infallibility head-on like a fart attempting to topple a mountain.

I know what you're going to say, I know how I'll destroy it, I know how you'll talk paragraphs of obscurity and it's already over before it begins. I'm not interested.

Oh man!

China, whether it's culture, people, government or what have you, presents a serious health problem to the world, demonstrated by a decades long run of producing one disease after another, therefore "china" should by all reason be the target of international intervention.

There, easy. One coherent, if lengthy, sentence.

Do you disagree? Do you have a point, or, daresay, a counter-point?

"Ive said enough" when asked to make a point is the opposite of making a point. A point. An apex. A summation. Do you have one?

Ahh well, I wrote reams of points prior to this post, so you have some catching up to do. Especially since you're essentially just repeating the OPs post.

What realistic result would you expect from targeting China with international intervention? (I'm assuming you mean economic/political sanctions rather than actual military action against a nuclear power, and one of the largest armies in the world)

Do you genuinely believe that such intervention would provide anything of value for either China or the rest of the world? Some specifics would be nice, backed up with logic.

I don't need to dodge anything so weak as the argument you're dying to make. Your bait simply breaks across my iron chest of infallibility head-on like a fart attempting to topple a mountain.

I know what you're going to say, I know how I'll destroy it, I know how you'll talk paragraphs of obscurity and it's already over before it begins. I'm not interested.

Ok, I doubt you actually know what you are talking about.

Conversation over. But I think you are pretty full of it.

Self praise is no praise.

Ahh well, I wrote reams of points prior to this post, so you have some catching up to do. Especially since you're essentially just repeating the OPs post.

What realistic result would you expect from targeting China with international intervention? (I'm assuming you mean economic/political sanctions rather than actual military action against a nuclear power, and one of the largest armies in the world)

Do you genuinely believe that such intervention would provide anything of value for either China or the rest of the world? Some specifics would be nice, backed up with logic.

"reams of points" "is, again, quite contrary to" making a point".

Now you're attempting to dodge out of the corner I've placed you in, with great ease, I might add, and moving the goal posts to something different.

I realise you mightnt understand that, so I'll elaborate.

You failed to summarise your "argument" against my position as to WHY China should be a target. Now, having lost your way, you are trying to create a new argument about WHAT should be done.

Weak.

But to fully answer, I am not going to debate the specifics of a problem when the other person refuses to acknowledge the problem in the first place. It's a nonsensical position from which to go forward.

Or... Maybe you'll be able to condense your "reams of points" into something intelligible.

This is great craic :)

• Advertisement

Ok, I doubt you actually know what you are talking about.

Conversation over. But I think you are pretty full of it.

Self praise is no praise.

I am full of it, hence the beat downs happening here. "it" is just not what you hope it to be.

And self-praise is no praise? Correct. However, Mike tyson doesn't need to punch the head off a 10 year old to prove he can. It is self evident.

Look at this other bloke above, he can't form a single point because there's too many, apparently :p it's a boxing lesson you can observe from outside the ring. Be happy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Nobody is trying to paint China as a wonderful place. It's a feckin police state with a totalitarian attitude to politics and zero tolerance for internal disruption.

You really think anyone here really needed to see that list? We all know that stuff. Oh.. we should be outraged?

Err... nah. I don't buy it. I find, as I get older, that I'm becoming very skeptical at the supposed outrage that internet posters have about atrocities or breaches of human rights. It was different when the Internet was a new medium. Sure, people will discuss atrocities online... but where is their investment beyond that? Have you bought your tickets to act as a volunteer to help these minorities? And you could... you can go over, and perhaps share a tiny part of their problems for a while...

Or simply stay at home and rant. :D

I've stopped buying products / brands associated with human rights issues. I've stopped buying Chinese products as much as possible (this is harder than you might think)... While in China, I did visit a couple Muslim restaurants to support them and they are afraid, even though they are there now, they are walking on eggshells.

I am full of it, hence the beat downs happening here. "it" is just not what you hope it to be.

And self-praise is no praise? Correct. However, Mike tyson doesn't need to punch the head off a 10 year old to prove he can. It is self evident.

Look at this other bloke above, he can't form a single point because there's too many, apparently :p it's a boxing lesson you can observe from outside the ring. Be happy :p

You're rambling, never a good sign I find incoherence off putting. As I said this convo is now over, I am actually devastated it ever started. I feel mired, I mean that sincerely.

You're rambling, never a good sign I find incoherence off putting. As I said this convo is now over, I am actually devastated it ever started. I feel mired, I mean that sincerely.

No.

I am concise and straight to the point. That's why I am able to summarise my position succinctly against the other bloke, while he talks in circles about his previous circles.

If analogies confuse you, I wouldn't be surprised. But I'd obliterate your piss-poor position with even greater ease, make no mistake. One fatality today is enough to satisfy.

You're just feeling sad because you didn't get to make your losing argument. Too bad. :p

It's a lazy day, but I spent a bit of time refreshing my understanding of HIV, thanks to you.

So, refreshed, I'll state what you were dying for me to state. The homosexual community was, by far, the most impactful vector of HIV across the world.

So, to draw the comparison (that another posted initiated), if more had been done, or done differently, by targeting that specific group primarily, it wouldn't have spread to the level it has now reached.

For China, I say the same. If a disease is manifesting itself in one specific area/group, do something about it while you can, before it spreads everywhere. Where the comparison fails, as I already stated, is that it isn't one specific disease with regard China, it is producing novel pathogens on the regular.

Hardly controversial, but there's bound to be some contrarians.

It's a lazy day, but I spent a bit of time refreshing my understanding of HIV, thanks to you.

So, refreshed, I'll state what you were dying for me to state. The homosexual community was, by far, the most impactful vector of HIV across the world.

So, to draw the comparison (that another posted initiated), if more had been done, or done differently, by targeting that specific group primarily, it wouldn't have spread to the level it has now reached.

For China, I say the same. If a disease is manifesting itself in one specific area/group, do something about it while you can, before it spreads everywhere. Where the comparison fails, as I already stated, is that it isn't one specific disease with regard China, it is producing novel pathogens on the regular.

Hardly controversial, but there's bound to be some contrarians.

So you are saying Phil Lynott was gay ?

So you are saying Phil Lynott was gay ?

Precisely. In fact, not only would I say Phil lynott was gay, he was also a bag of onions.

I hope you're joking, and that you aren't making a serious point because that would be game over :)

Precisely. In fact, not only would I say Phil lynott was gay, he was also a bag of onions.

I hope you're joking, and that you aren't making a serious point because that would be game over :)

So what are you saying exactly, you don't make any sense really?

So what are you saying exactly, you don't make any sense really?

Wow, you ARE serious!

"The homosexual community was, by far, the most impactful vector of HIV across the world"

There. Right there, that's what I said, one single post above your reply.

Too complicated? Getting confused already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

In the defense of eating opossum, my uncle hand raises them for eating. And they do make a nice stew. As for the wild Variety, no because a lot of times they are rabid,heh.

• Advertisement

Wow, you ARE serious!

"The homosexual community was, by far, the most impactful vector of HIV across the world"

There. Right there, that's what I said, one single post above your reply.

Too complicated? Getting confused already?

Where did you read that?

Have you a link to substantiate this?

Where did you read that?

Have you a link to substantiate this?

Man you better be joking, because you're making me feel pity for you here.

"do you have a link?"

??

Man you better be joking, because you're making me feel pity for you here.

"do you have a link?"

??

So what are you basing your crap on?

I mean what are you talking about for starters?

Are you actually saying that the homosexuals are responsible for the spread of the Covid virus?

Are you being serious ?

So what are you basing your crap on?

I mean what are you talking about for starters?

Are you actually saying that the homosexuals are responsible for the spread of the Covid virus?

Are you being serious ?

This is disgraceful. There are certain argumentative elements to sexual diseases, but this is an embarrassing display right here.

Yes. The homosexual community was the greatest vector of HIV worldwide.

Even today, the gay community, as reported by all the usual suspects like CDC, UNAIDS, WHO, world bank etc, have transmission rates of HIV orders of magnitude above heterosexual transmission.

And that's today. Look up the history of HIV, and I dare you to come back and tell me my position is incorrect.

Or... You can keep getting confused, whatever you like.

Or, or... Finish this sentence for me "I, IAMAMORON, don't believe your position because..."

Look at that sentence :p

This is disgraceful. There are certain argumentative elements to sexual diseases, but this is an embarrassing display right here.

Yes. The homosexual community was the greatest vector of HIV worldwide.

Even today, the gay community, as reported by all the usual suspects like CDC, UNAIDS, WHO, world bank etc, have transmission rates of HIV orders of magnitude above heterosexual transmission.

And that's today. Look up the history of HIV, and I dare you to come back and tell me my position is incorrect.

Or... You can keep getting confused, whatever you like.

Or, or... Finish this sentence for me "I, IAMAMORON, don't believe your position because..."

Look at that sentence :p

Thanks for clarifying.

Do you hate homosexuals as much as you hate Chinese people?

Or do you just hate people in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Which community was that? Exactly?

Are you dumb?

Thanks for clarifying.

Do you hate homosexuals as much as you hate Chinese people?

Or do you just hate people in general?

You're a joke. I genuinely hope you don't spread that ignorance to anyone.

Put up an argument, if you can.

I'll help you out cos I'm a great person, "I don't believe the homosexual community was the most impactful vector of HIV across the world BECAUSE...."

Finish that sentence, go for it. At least the other guy struggled to do something, you've collapsed after putting on the boxing gloves :p

Let's hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

I. Myself don't understand how the Covid 19 virus has ended up discussing the Aids virus of the 1970 s to now. The scaremongering is beyond ridiculous at this stage.

I. Myself don't understand how the Covid 19 virus has ended up discussing the Aids virus of the 1970 s to now. The scaremongering is beyond ridiculous at this stage.

It came up because I complained about China, then some other poster stated "what about AIDS? herp a derp"

As if it was some kind of a retort :p

I rightly demolished it, yet here we are. To be clear, AIDS has nothing to with covid19 except in some ethereal manner

• Advertisement

"reams of points" "is, again, quite contrary to" making a point".

Multiple points, many of which addressed a number of your previous wild claims.
    Now you're attempting to dodge out of the corner I've placed you in, with great ease, I might add, and moving the goal posts to something different.

I'm not dodging at all. You set the scenario and I asked the value of that scenario. Simple logic. What are the benefits of your scenario?
    You failed to summarise your "argument" against my position as to WHY China should be a target. Now, having lost your way, you are trying to create a new argument about WHAT should be done.

Weak.

You're arguing like a child. I've never argued against the reasons why people think China should be criticized. I have pointed out the rather strong bias since they've shown no similar concern for disease or problems coming from other nations... I've also pointed out the silliness in claiming that China should simply be better, because, well... no reasons. they just should be! :rolleyes:

And I've asked a number of times now, about the actual practical/realistic value of these demands for action.
    But to fully answer, I am not going to debate the specifics of a problem when the other person refuses to acknowledge the problem in the first place. It's a nonsensical position from which to go forward.

Or... Maybe you'll be able to condense your "reams of points" into something intelligible.

This is great craic :)

Your idea of answering is rather.... limited. It might be great craic, but it's boring. You're unwilling to engage in a proper discussion about the subject, except as a giggling child. I've given you numerous chances to debate/discuss your points... and nothing beyond words scrambled together.

Enough.

Advertisement