Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The different with the left and the right is that the left is convinced the Right is evil hence your conviction that he doesn't really care about the harm of rape, while the Right just thinks the Left is misled. To me, the idea that people that I disagree with are insincere is just not credible.

this is nothing to do with left and right. tommy is a grifter who latched on to child abuse as a means to promote himself. he doesn't care about the victims. His own mates were doing the same thing and he defended them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

The different with the left and the right is that the left is convinced the Right is evil hence your conviction that he doesn't really care about the harm of rape, while the Right just thinks the Left is misled. To me, the idea that people that I disagree with are insincere is just not credible.

The thing with the left is most spend their entire day on the internet where the right are living in the real world.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    The thing with the left is most spend their entire day on the internet where the right are living in the real world.

when you have nothing intelligent to say retort to getting personal, is that it?

the fact is you support english right wing scum and convicted criminals and it is frankly bizarre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The right seems to be fawning over fascists while the left seems to be eschewing pragmatism.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

this is nothing to do with left and right. tommy is a grifter who latched on to child abuse as a means to promote himself. he doesn't care about the victims. His own mates were doing the same thing and he defended them.

Doesn't mean he is insincere. Also journalist Ronan Farrow became a rockstar because his work on Harvey Weinstein. What matters is the content of his message, which is not something I am going to defend or criticise.
    The right seems to be fawning over fascists while the left seems to be eschewing pragmatism.
    Nothing in my posts here is either left or right so you cant accuse me of fawning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

That's not the case though, and one need only look through this thread (or the BLM protest related ones) to see it. In fact much of the right wing populist surge of the last decade has been built on proclaiming the left as evil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nothing in my posts here is either left or right so you cant accuse me of fawning.

I was speaking generally, not accusing you of anything.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Doesn't mean he is insincere. Also journalist Ronan Farrow became a rockstar because his work on Harvey Weinstein. What matters is the content of his message, which is not something I am going to defend or criticise.

when somebody defends their mates when they are found guilty of paedophilia you can be damned sure i will doubt their sincerity when they only seem concerned with paedohilia committed by asian men.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

What am I making up?
    I try to only say things that I believe are factually true regardless of politics, if I think someone is wrong I try and hope that my posts will encourage them to seek the truth and see that the source where they got their news originally might have been politically corrupt in which case agenda take priority over truth.

Perhaps you should take your own advice because your sources have you spouting things that are factually inaccurate. The Rochdale story was broken by The Times. At the time, this was what Robinson was up to.

Robinson was convicted in 2011 of using "threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" during a fight between supporters of Luton Town and Newport County in Luton the previous year. Robinson reportedly led the group of Luton fans, and played an integral part in starting a 100-man brawl, during which he chanted "EDL till I die". He was sentenced to a 12-month community rehabilitation order with 150 hours' unpaid work and a three-year ban from attending football matches.[2][52]
    Robinson was arrested again after an EDL demonstration in Tower Hamlets in September 2011 for breach of bail conditions, as he had been banned from attending that demonstration. Robinson later began a hunger strike while on remand in HM Prison Bedford, saying that he was a "political prisoner of the state",[53] and refused to eat what he believed was halal meat.[54] A handful of EDL supporters protested outside the prison in support of Robinson during his incarceration; the support peaked at a turnout of 100 protesters on 10 September.[55] Robinson was released on bail on 12 September.[56]
    On 29 September 2011, Robinson was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member at a rally in Blackburn in April that year.[4][52] He was sentenced to 12 weeks' imprisonment, suspended for 12 months.[5]
    On 8 November 2011, Robinson held a protest on the rooftop of the FIFA headquarters in Zürich against FIFA's ruling that the England national football team could not wear a Remembrance poppy symbol on their shirts.[52] For this he was fined £3,000 and jailed for three days.[57]

If you want to celebrate someone for bringing down these gangs you chould celebrate people like Sarah Rowbotham and Nazir Afzal.

Eh, no. You've taken a very moderate view of the left and an extreme view of the right. If you want to talk about negative generalisations, the right is mainly seen as self serving and overly reliant on tradition while the left is seen as naive and progressive for the sake of it.

Not spent too long in Current Affairs have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are you really trying to say Spanish people are harder than English people. Can't wait till schools starts back up. Some could do with the education.

No

I'm saying there are enough British/Irish/Russian etc gangsters over there who wouldn't put up with him swanning around mouthing off and bringing attention to their neighbourhood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

No

I'm saying there are enough British/Irish/Russian etc gangsters over there who wouldn't put up with him swanning around mouthing off and bringing attention to their neighbourhood.

Spain is a very nice place, its not full of gangsters ffs. If anything England has more "multicultural" gangs so that's a load of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Spain is a very nice place, its not full of gangsters ffs. If anything England has more "multicultural" gangs so that's a load of nonsense.

Yeah, SYL seems the type to immerse himself in Spanish culture and go live his life in a quiet town somewhere in the middle of Spain.

Or he will head to Magaluf/Benidorm where he will be surrounded by Brits and have easy access to drugs to feed his coke habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The Irish Tommy Robinson fan club :D:D:D

Have a word with yourselves ffs

the places that tommy is likely to go to are full of ex-pat gangsters.

2u2me wrote: »
    You guys making this argument sound more and more like Trump every day.

Here's Trump calling Jon Stewart Jonathan Leibowitz because that's his real name.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/330360556362018816

Unless you can quote me using his real name, I would ask that you retract that comment.

Are you suggesting that Spain in not the European gateway for narcos?

That it isn't home to many oligarchs?

What was it, 2 days ago that a narco boat beached itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

To be fair, it's an issue that really gets his people excited. Its a crime that even criminals think is bad. You could have someone who burgals grannies for their pension and even they think paedos are beneath them. As a convicted criminal himself, SYL doesn't have many groups of people he can argue are beneath him on the totem pole. Paedos are about the only group a convicted conman can really go after.

His coalition of criminals, football hooligans and xenophobes need someone to look down on and SYL sells them the notion that he's some kind of paedo-hunting superhero. They get to be outraged by criminals they feel are lower than themselves and he lives his lifestyle on their donations. Perfect fit for a grifter.

when somebody defends their mates when they are found guilty of paedophilia you can be damned sure i will doubt their sincerity when they only seem concerned with paedohilia committed by asian men.

Ronan Farrow might have had a bit of a leg-up in the fame deparent. But ultimately he did a good thing for the normal journalistic reasons. If he goes on to defend other paedos who he's politically aligned with, then we can assume he's as sincere as SYL.

Jesus but it's amazing to see the groupthink evolve as expected over a few years. Not so long ago the rape gangs weren't an issue, then they weren't a race/immigration/hate crime issue, now the narrative has changed again to "Oh well of course it was happening, everyone knew" and letting on like it was a topic that everyone was comfortable speaking about.

Jesus but it's amazing to see the groupthink evolve as expected over a few years. Not so long ago the rape gangs weren't an issue, then they weren't a race/immigration/hate crime issue, now the narrative has changed again to "Oh well of course it was happening, everyone knew" and letting on like it was a topic that everyone was comfortable speaking about.

How about some evidence that SYL was the one who broke the story as so many here would have us believe?

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

LOL. Anti-immigrant types do not refer to working Muslim immigrants as "expats".

That's a term that's exclusively the reserve of snobbish white people moving abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Exactly. He had no problem with white pedos, just the brown ones.

Let's be honest most of the conservative posters on boards don't care about white pedophiles, only the brown and foreign ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

His fans will use Tommy and ignore the criminality attached to his real name. Others use his real name so he cannot hide his past.
    I dunno how using someone's real name is having a dig when it's a fairly normal

That's what Trump said when he called Jon Stewart Jon Leibowitz.
    The dig he was getting in here was clearly his reference to Jon's heritage or am I wrong here?

The dig people are trying to get in against Robinson when they use his SYL name is that they wish to endanger his family; it's the only logical conclusion I can come too. That's the reason Robinson says he uses that name, to protect his family.

Everyone knows tommy robinsons past connection to the EDL, and many reputable people have since vouched for him. To give the reason "they use his name to remember his criminality" is not just bull****, but Trumpesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

On the subject of his name, what about Wayne King, Paul Harris or Andrew McMaster? These are also names he has used in the past, including making fake passports for that he used to illegally visit countries he had been banned from. That's why he uses multiple names, nothing go do with "defending his family".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-20935502
    Judge Alistair McCreath told him: "I am going to sentence you under the name of Stephen Lennon although I suspect that is not actually your true name, in the sense that it is not the name that appears on your passport.

"What I have to deal with you for is clear enough. You knew perfectly well that you were not welcome in the United States.

"You knew that because you tried before and you had not got in, and you knew the reason for that - because, rightly or wrongly, the US authorities do not welcome people in their country who have convictions of the kind that you have.

"With that full knowledge, you equipped yourself with a passport. I am told that it was given you by way of a loan from your friend Andrew McMaster, to which you bore, I am told, some resemblance."

To be fair, it's an issue that really gets his people excited. Its a crime that even criminals think is bad. You could have someone who burgals grannies for their pension and even they think paedos are beneath them. As a convicted criminal himself, SYL doesn't have many groups of people he can argue are beneath him on the totem pole. Paedos are about the only group a convicted conman can really go after.

His coalition of criminals, football hooligans and xenophobes need someone to look down on and SYL sells them the notion that he's some kind of paedo-hunting superhero. They get to be outraged by criminals they feel are lower than themselves and he lives his lifestyle on their donations. Perfect fit for a grifter.

except he has defended his paedo mates. he doesn't give a monkeys about paedophilia.

The dig he was getting in here was clearly his reference to Jon's heritage or am I wrong here?

The dig people are trying to get in against Robinson when they use his SYL name is that they wish to endanger his family; it's the only logical conclusion I can come too. That's the reason Robinson says he uses that name, to protect his family.

Everyone knows tommy robinsons past connection to the EDL, and many reputable people have since vouched for him. To give the reason "they use his name to remember his criminality" is not just bull****, but Trumpesque.

well he is a known liar so you will have to excuse us if we dont believe him. and his criminality is not just connected to the EDL.

so an interesting update on tommy and the reason he fled to spain

He has actually been in spain since at least july 12th. https://twitter.com/sustrapperazzi_/status/1282309409532772352

His local police have no record of an arson attack at his , sorry, his wifes, home.

Saying his home and correcting himself to say his wifes home is interesting. is he trying to hide assets in advance of his libel trial?

Oddly tommy has not released any footage of the results of this "arson". very odd for a man who loves a good video.

He has pissed off his far right buddies because he didnt turn up to defend the statues in london on July 13th. Is this claim of arson an attempt to try and justify why he wasnt there?

He is due to attend another rally on saturday. If he doesn't attend this will he further alienate his far right supporters? where to now for Tommy? will the spanish allow him to live in spain? why would they want another english criminal living among them. interesting times for tommy.

full article here: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tommy-robinson-spain-far-right-racist-family-a9644086.html

His name is readily available if you search for him. It's on his wikipedia, most news articles tend to refer to his real name. So I'm lost, how are we endangering him?

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

so an interesting update on tommy and the reason he fled to spain

He has actually been in spain since at least july 12th. https://twitter.com/sustrapperazzi_/status/1282309409532772352

His local police have no record of an arson attack at his , sorry, his wifes, home.

Saying his home and correcting himself to say his wifes home is interesting. is he trying to hide assets in advance of his libel trial?

Oddly tommy has not released any footage of the results of this "arson". very odd for a man who loves a good video.

He has pissed off his far right buddies because he didnt turn up to defend the statues in london on July 13th. Is this claim of arson an attempt to try and justify why he wasnt there?

He is due to attend another rally on saturday. If he doesn't attend this will he further alienate his far right supporters? where to now for Tommy? will the spanish allow him to live in spain? why would they want another english criminal living among them. interesting times for tommy.

full article here: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tommy-robinson-spain-far-right-racist-family-a9644086.html

It's most likely exactly what it looks like... He's gone on holiday to Spain and made up yet another story where he's a totally innocent victim, and people should donate to his grifter account to help fund his holiday.

Advertisement