Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I don't think you understand that the retraction makes your narrative look silly...

Keep going though...

Anyone who has time for SYL or worse still, falls for his con tricks, looks silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Anyone who has time for SYL or worse still, falls for his con tricks, looks silly.

Well you have enough time to keep us updated about him so that says something in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Now this is hilarious.

He says because he's in fear for his family's life he's now living in Spain!

Eh, what's the definition of refugee?

What is he going to do when Brexit happens and he's forced to return to the land where people want to kill him?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This gave me the best laugh I've had in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

*Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

He'll still swindle money out of his witless fetishists.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Good riddance though Brexit means that the lying little racist thug will no doubt be back before too long.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Montageofhell

Should European borders not be closed to dangerous immigrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The English are ex pats not immigrants sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Wonder if this has anything to do with the libel case he caught after defaming that Syrian child.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Now this is hilarious.

What is he going to do when Brexit happens and he's forced to return to the land where people want to kill him?

No no no. When British people live abroad they're called "expats" when Muslims do it, they're refugees.

Besides, retiring to Spain is the traditional life trajectory for the British conman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Everyone on the last few pages are saying conman and other such things but he drew attention to the Muslim grooming gangs in Luton years ago, if people had listened to him many children would not have been horribly raped.

Also anyone that calls him SYL sound very childish, almost like they are getting on up on him or something, It all sounds very Guardian newspaper inspired.

Everyone on the last few pages are saying conman and other such things but he drew attention to the Muslim grooming gangs in Luton years ago, if people had listened to him many children would not have been horribly raped.

Also anyone that calls him SYL sound very childish, almost like they are getting on up on him or something, It all sounds very Guardian newspaper inspired.

SYL is his name. Tommy Robinson is just one of his aliases. His other names have included Andrew McMaster, Paul Harris, Wayne King, and Stephen Lennon. Fraudsters need lots of names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Now this is hilarious.

I dont think he is anti Spanish or anti refugee though. I dont get the humour in your point at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

*Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

I've a question about this. I notice on Twitter etc. that when people are having a pop off him they often point out that his original name is Stephen Yaxley Lennon (I've heard it also said that that may not even be his name). But am I missing something in the name Yaxley-Lennon?

It's not like his name was Mustafa Yildiz or Mohammed Abboud or Habubakar Oni, that I could understand. But Stephen Yaxley-Lennon doesn't seem to me to be a great embarrassing reveal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Same people that use his old name would throw a fit if you ‘dead-named’ a transsexual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Same people that use his old name would throw a fit if you ‘dead-named’ a transsexual.

I have to agree. He can call himself whatever he likes, a rose by any other name would still smell of a pathetic, racist PayPal-Patriot.

humberklog wrote: »
    I've a question about this. I notice on Twitter etc. that when people are having a pop off him they often point out that his original name is Stephen Yaxley Lennon (I've heard it also said that that may not even be his name). But am I missing something in the name Yaxley-Lennon?

It's not like his name was Mustafa Yildiz or Mohammed Abboud or Habubakar Oni, that I could understand. But Stephen Yaxley-Lennon doesn't seem to me to be a great embarrassing reveal.

It's just his name. He needed his other names, including Tommy Robinson when he was committing frauds. I don't think we need to play along and call him by his fraudster names.

Why did you think it was derogatory? It's just a reminder that he had so many names to help with his frauds - because he's a convicted fraudster.

I dont think he is anti Spanish or anti refugee though. I dont get the humour in your point at all.

You have got to be taking the piss.

He's pro brexit, anti immigrant and anti free movement but had now moved to Spain without speaking the language, having any employment there and with a criminal record.

Send a Spaniard to move beside him a year ago under the same conditions and see his response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

He's pro brexit, anti immigrant but had now moved to Spain without speaking the language or having any employment there.

So what?

• Advertisement

The only place I’ve ever heard about him is on boards.ie.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    So what?

I edited to explain better. I shouldn't have had it. It's pretty ****ing obvious

I edited to explain better. I shouldn't have had it. It's pretty ****ing obvious

Maybe he is starting a Spexit campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    So what?

So "The exact type of person he screams against allowing into Britain!"

Which it looks like you removed from the post you quoted. It was always about the racism with Tommy and his supporters, or else they would take issue with this, his criminal history, or his history of defending pedophiles (so long as they're white and also racist).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's just his name. He needed his other names, including Tommy Robinson when he was committing frauds. I don't think we need to play along and call him by his fraudster names.

Why did you think it was derogatory? It's just a reminder that he had so many names to help with his frauds - because he's a convicted fraudster.

It's not that I thought it was derogatory- I didn't know if it was intended to be derogatory and if it was why would it be. I don't really go with your explanation of why a lot of people choose to point out his real name so often.

humberklog wrote: »
    It's not that I thought it was derogatory- I didn't know if it was intended to be derogatory and if it was why would it be. I don't really go with your explanation of why a lot of people choose to point out his real name so often.

Because the names he uses like Tommy Robinson are aliases. His convictions and crimes records are under his real name.

He uses Tommy to hide his true self. People use his real name to deny him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

No no no. When British people live abroad they're called "expats" when Muslims do it, they're refugees.

Besides, retiring to Spain is the traditional life trajectory for the British conman.
    If this was twitter we'd all be spitting words like racist at you!
    British expats either work, transfer their pension / wealth to live abroad.
    Apart from the criminal element of course.
    When refugees refugee, they are refugees, regardless if Muslim or not.
    When Muslims move abroad for example to work, they are workers and "expats"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Because the names he uses like Tommy Robinson are aliases. His convictions and crimes records are under his real name.

He uses Tommy to hide his true self. People use his real name to deny him that.

So it is like I said, a childish way of protesting and having a dig, infact all we have to do to know a posters opinions are see which name they give him, just like the Guardian Newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

So it is like I said, a childish way of protesting and having a dig, infact all we have to do to know a posters opinions are see which name they give him, just like the Guardian Newspaper.
    I don't see what's wrong with 'having a dig' at someone by pointing out that they've got a criminal history they are trying to hide?

• Advertisement

I dunno how using someone's real name is having a dig when it's a fairly normal, boring name but yes, you can tell if someone likes him or not on that basis

His fans will use Tommy and ignore the criminality attached to his real name. Others use his real name so he cannot hide his past.

It's not like he calls himself Tommy because it's his Muslim name now is it? He ain't cassius clay

Advertisement