Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Same people that use his old name would throw a fit if you ‘dead-named’ a transsexual.

calling him Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is not deadnaming him. that is still his legal name and the name he is charged under during his many court visits. Tommy robinson is a stage name for his grifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

but he drew attention to the Muslim grooming gangs in Luton years ago

Perhaps to those who can't read and get their news off youtube.

For the literate, there were plenty of stories in the press about grooming and rape going on in Asian communities in the north of England long before Tommy. I get that those who struggle to read the Sun deserve to be informed as much as the rest of us but I think you're over-selling Tommy's contribution to the wider world here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Perhaps to those who can't read and get their news off youtube.

For the literate, there were plenty of stories in the press about grooming and rape going on in Asian communities in the north of England long before Tommy. I get that those who struggle to read the Sun deserve to be informed as much as the rest of us but I think you're over-selling Tommy's contribution to the wider world here.

Asian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Would be great if the media stopped talking about SYL, he offers no real input other than thuggery and narcissism.

Typical of the 'Little Englander' to go and live In Spain... got to laugh at his hypocrisy at being the accepted type of refugee. Would be hilarious if the Spanish equivalent of the BNP, and UKIP treated him how he treats refugees!

Going to be a right laugh when he is deport back to the UK due to Brexit.

Absolute bell end.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He won't walk around with his pigeon chest puffed out acting the hard man over there, he will either get a hiding off a real gangster or the Spanish police will give him one then lock him away for a couple if years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

He won't walk around with his pigeon chest puffed out acting the hard man over there, he will either get a hiding off a real gangster or the Spanish police will give him one then lock him away for a couple if years.

Are you really trying to say Spanish people are harder than English people. Can't wait till schools starts back up. Some could do with the education.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Are you really trying to say Spanish people are harder than English people. Can't wait till schools starts back up. Some could do with the education.

no, that is not what they are trying to say. try reading it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I dunno how using someone's real name is having a dig when it's a fairly normal, boring name but yes, you can tell if someone likes him or not on that basis

His fans will use Tommy and ignore the criminality attached to his real name. Others use his real name so he cannot hide his past.

It's not like he calls himself Tommy because it's his Muslim name now is it? He ain't cassius clay

So we should call Caitlin Jenner, Bruce Jenner? That’s his real name. The name he competed in the Olympics under etc

So we should call Caitlin Jenner, Bruce Jenner? That’s his real name. The name he competed in the Olympics under etc

caitlin is her legal name. Stephen yaxley-lennon is his legal name. I know you understand this so why you persist with posting this nonsense is beyond me.

caitlin is her legal name. Stephen yaxley-lennon is his legal name. I know you understand this so why you persist with posting this nonsense is beyond me.

How ironic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

How ironic :rolleyes:

what is the irony? i cannot wait to hear this. I am sure it will be a really intelligent and well thought out response.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Asian.

Those bloody Japanese molesting kids again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

humberklog wrote: »
    It's not that I thought it was derogatory- I didn't know if it was intended to be derogatory and if it was why would it be. I don't really go with your explanation of why a lot of people choose to point out his real name so often.

OK. Its the reason I use his actual name rather than one of his aliases. It's always important to remember that a convicted conman is a convicted conman when he's trying to sell a version of reality to you.

SYL is a convicted conman. When he sells his anti immigrant, anti non Christian, xenophobia, and asking for money for his providing his service, it's worth remembering that the salesman is a convicted conman, using one of his aliases, Tommy Robinson. So I call him SYL because it's his actual name, rather than one of his conman aliases.

You said you thought people use SYL as an embarrassment to him. Being a fraudster and a conman is embarrassing. Even though I don't expect SYL to be remorseful or embarrassed, it should be embarrassing to his apologists

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

If this was twitter we'd all be spitting words like racist at you!
    British expats either work, transfer their pension / wealth to live abroad.
    Apart from the criminal element of course.
    When refugees refugee, they are refugees, regardless if Muslim or not.
    When Muslims move abroad for example to work, they are workers and "expats"

LOL. Anti-immigrant types do not refer to working Muslim immigrants as "expats".

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

LOL. Anti-immigrant types do not refer to working Muslim immigrants as "expats".
    They might stretch to "immigrant" if they're feeling respectful.

No it's not, Bruce legally changed his name to her new name.

Tommy never did so.

Cassius clay changed his name and was known as Ali legally

My name is not niner leprechaun in the real world unless I was doing enough to actually legally change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Those bloody Japanese molesting kids again.

Few North Koreans involved as well if I recall correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

No it's not, Bruce legally changed his name to her new name.

Tommy never did so.

Cassius clay changed his name and was known as Ali legally

My name is not niner leprechaun in the real world unless I was doing enough to actually legally change it.

You guys making this argument sound more and more like Trump every day.

Here's Trump calling Jon Stewart Jonathan Leibowitz because that's his real name.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/330360556362018816

2u2me wrote: »
    You guys making this argument sound more and more like Trump every day.

Here's Trump calling Jon Stewart Jonathan Leibowitz because that's his real name.

So what? John Stewart is his stage name. I have no idea if that is his legal name. Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Everyone on the last few pages are saying conman and other such things but he drew attention to the Muslim grooming gangs in Luton years ago, if people had listened to him many children would not have been horribly raped.

Also anyone that calls him SYL sound very childish, almost like they are getting on up on him or something, It all sounds very Guardian newspaper inspired.

Man, you just making **** up all over the site. Lying about BLM in one thread and Tommy Robinson in another. Robinson didn't bring attention to rape gangs, he capitalised on it. And in doing so, he has endangered the convictions of multiple suspects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So what? John Stewart is his stage name. I have no idea if that is his legal name. Do you?

What do you think of the music of Reginald Dwight. I don’t use his alias as that is the name he used while consuming illegal drugs through the 70s and 80s??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Man, you just making **** up all over the site. Lying about BLM in one thread and Tommy Robinson in another. Robinson didn't bring attention to rape gangs, he capitalised on it. And in doing so, he has endangered the convictions of multiple suspects.

For most Tommy Robinson supporters, the victims and perpetrators are irrelevant - its all about the bigotry they revel in. If it were about victims and perpetrators, they wouldn't be such strong supporters of a guy who as you said has tried to cause a mistrial of pedophiles before, and who has gone on record olto defend white, racist pedophiles in the past, after they were convicted.

What do you think of the music of Reginald Dwight. I don’t use his alias as that is the name he used while consuming illegal drugs through the 70s and 80s??

I'm sure he doesnt give a monkeys what you call him. he also didnt change his name to hide his criminal past. btw how many convictions does elton have? any for fraud or assault?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

For most Tommy Robinson supporters, the victims and perpetrators are irrelevant - its all about the bigotry they revel in. If it were about victims and perpetrators, they wouldn't be such strong supporters of a guy who as you said has tried to cause a mistrial of pedophiles before, and who has gone on record olto defend white, racist pedophiles in the past, after they were convicted.

Exactly. He had no problem with white pedos, just the brown ones.

Exactly. He had no problem with white pedos, just the brown ones.

Its because they are "brown" ones this thread exists, protect the "brown" ones at all cost.

BTW what is a "brown" person?

Its because they are "brown" ones this thread exists, protect the "brown" ones at all cost.

BTW what is a "brown" person?

this thread exists because your mate tommy assaulted somebody.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'll never understand the cult following that a racist English grifter attracts on an Irish message board.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

What am I making up?
    I try to only say things that I believe are factually true regardless of politics, if I think someone is wrong I try and hope that my posts will encourage them to seek the truth and see that the source where they got their news originally might have been politically corrupt in which case agenda take priority over truth. Also as said on the BLM thread there is good reason to dislike BLM and anyone that supports them in my mind is just ignorant of what they stand for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'll never understand the cult following that a racist English grifter attracts on an Irish message board.

Birds of a feather...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

The different with the left and the right is that the left is convinced the Right is evil hence your conviction that he doesn't really care about the harm of rape, while the Right just thinks the Left is misled. To me, the idea that people that I disagree with are insincere is just not credible.

Advertisement