Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

petejmk wrote: »
    My TrackPak tracking info completely disappeared. Left it a couple of weeks to make contact with The Book People. They said without any tracking info there was nothing they could do and said they'd issue a refund. Also made contact with TrackPak and they said they had no record of the package at all. About two weeks ago I got updated tracking info from TrackPak and it was delivered by Fastway. Refund never came through from The Book People thankfully.

I wasn't offered a refund, I'd prefer the stuff to be honest. Might ring again and see what story I get told this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

petejmk wrote: »
    My TrackPak tracking info completely disappeared. Left it a couple of weeks to make contact with The Book People. They said without any tracking info there was nothing they could do and said they'd issue a refund. Also made contact with TrackPak and they said they had no record of the package at all. About two weeks ago I got updated tracking info from TrackPak and it was delivered by Fastway. Refund never came through from The Book People thankfully.

I had a tracking status of "Delivered" from Fastway when it never was. It changed about 2 weeks later to "On the van" and it came eventually.

Shambles of a company.

I wasn't offered a refund, I'd prefer the stuff to be honest. Might ring again and see what story I get told this time!

Rang again just, despite what I said earlier was on hold for about 18 minutes. They checked on the order again, said nothing was showing up and at this stage, a refund was the only real option as they were coming close to the end (although they didn't have a final date, man on phone reckoned it could be next week).

I'd paid by PayPal so a manager has to process the refund as it's over 90 days since I paid and I might have an email before the end of the day.

It's a real shame, I'd have preferred to receive the order!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I'd paid by PayPal so a manager has to process the refund as it's over 90 days since I paid and I might have an email before the end of the day.

Had the same conversation a few weeks ago no refund forthcoming raised a case with PayPal got my refund in 48hrs.

kilburn wrote: »
    Had the same conversation a few weeks ago no refund forthcoming raised a case with PayPal got my refund in 48hrs.

Refund came through all right yesterday, then I noticed that the refund for the out of stock stuff didn't so I'm going to have to get on to them again!!

• Advertisement

Refund came through all right yesterday, then I noticed that the refund for the out of stock stuff didn't so I'm going to have to get on to them again!!

I got on to them, explained that I was due two refunds from out of stock items that had never gone through and was told it'd be sorted. Got through in 4 minutes, not 100% confident that it'll happen though, she tried to get off the phone pretty fast!

I take it all back - I've now received all my refunds and one of my two orders. Huge thanks to OP for a brilliant bargain, shame on TrackPak for losing the info and my second order!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

any chance a Mod can close this one, the bargain has expired and now its just become a review thread for couriers and paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

People helping and advising each other on their experience with getting the bargain and a refund more than a review thread to be fair

Advertisement