Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Caranica wrote: »
    I had a similar one today (ordered March 3rd) but my box is 5.5kg so fingers crossed. Says departed The Book People on the 8th of May, arrived Trakpak depot 28 May, arrived Ireland, presented to customs today.

So it looks like I should have received a dispatch email weeks ago (which I didn't, have been checking spam regularly too) so I'm hopeful that the order is complete given the weight of the box. Time will tell.

I'll have a guess that 8th of May was the date the order went into packing, but it only actually got picked and dispatched on 28th May. Most orders seem to have similar date differences.

Email for most seems to have arrived on the dispatch date. Delivery seems to be 4-5 days from dispatch date. (exclusive of weekends)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I've sent Fastway a note to change my address (via their contact us button on their website). I've got automated email confirmation that they'll look at my request and respond with 24 hours...

Will let you know how that goes....

Just wondering if yourself or Darc19 had any luck in changing delivery address like that...or even in hearing back from Fastway at all?

I sent the "change address" request via the contact form on their website as soon I got tracking numbers. Like you, I got an auto-response to say I'd hear back in 24 hours, but I got no answer at all. Latest tracking update (11.30 a.m. today) is "items received into your local depot, and scheduled for delivery". Mailed them again to repeat the request to change address, but still heard nothing back.

I guess tomorrow will tell a lot..........here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Got tracking email today for two orders, one placed 4th March, one placed 5th March. 5 packages in total!

Order included items related to the then-impending birth of my kid - including books on CD to listen to in car while waiting for the call to go into Holles Street during COVID restrictions.

Kinda funny that my son is now more than four weeks old while my order is only just dispatched.... :pac:

Still, no complaints if I get even half of my giant order - it will sort me out for prezzies for some people for years to come! More than makes up for any delivery delays.

Thanks OP for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

petejmk wrote: »
    Has anyone else's order details disappeared from the TrackPak tracking page?

YES! Thought I'd imagined the details being there but at the time, I'd clicked through to Fastway and they'd nothing yet. Going to continue my wait and see policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

YES! Thought I'd imagined the details being there but at the time, I'd clicked through to Fastway and they'd nothing yet. Going to continue my wait and see policy.

Yeah, mine was the same. Could previously go onto trakpak and then into Fastway, which had no details. Now there's nothing at all on trakpak apart from a line saying they have no record of the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Just wondering if yourself or Darc19 had any luck in changing delivery address like that...or even in hearing back from Fastway at all?

I sent the "change address" request via the contact form on their website as soon I got tracking numbers. Like you, I got an auto-response to say I'd hear back in 24 hours, but I got no answer at all. Latest tracking update (11.30 a.m. today) is "items received into your local depot, and scheduled for delivery". Mailed them again to repeat the request to change address, but still heard nothing back.

I guess tomorrow will tell a lot..........here's hoping!

Nope, and I emailed them again regarding my second package too.

My first package is apparently "delivered" even though the girl who was in the office that day said nothing came, and it wasn't left outside either. But it's back on their tracking again now saying "Your parcel has been recieved into your local depot and schedule for delivery."

Not sure if that's because the two parcels are linked and the above message refers to the second parcel rather than the first...

Would be great to have a phone number.....:(

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Would be great to have a phone number.....:(

Yup, sure would! Google gives a phone number for my local depot all right, but I just get a "this number is not recognised" message if I try to call it.

I've mailed them twice, including my phone number, asking to deliver to my home address instead of work, and if this is not possible to let me know by either phone or mail, and I'll drive to the depot myself.

Have also asked that under no circumstances do they do a "return to sender" on the grounds of unsuccessful delivery attempts, but again, I don't know if this will make any difference or if anybody even picks up those emails.

Both packages are still showing on tracking (since lunchtime yesterday) as "received into your local depot and scheduled for delivery". If I could just find out the where and when that delivery is scheduled for, I'd be able to sort something out!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

My tracking info also disappeared but the books just turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Doff wrote: »
    My tracking info also disappeared but the books just turned up.

That's great, I was hoping it would be the case but glad to have it confirmed. Happy reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Has anyone got the following message from the fast way tracking page:

'We're trying to deliver this parcel but need some additional information. Please contact us via the support button below and provide an updated address and phone number so we can deliver your parcel.'

I gave an Irish address originally. Not sure why they need me to update details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

My parcel arrived yesterday - one book not available, which I was already aware of from dispatch email. Great bargain OP, gave a bit of excitement during the lockdown and I’m really pleased with my purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Package arrived and was just one book. As I haven't got a dispatch email yet hopefully the rest will ship separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Box just arrived. 3 items out of stock and 8 items not included (says despatch note 1 of 2) so I'm back to waiting again.

Disappointed with the out of stock stuff given the date of my order but nothing I can do about it. Not confident that I'll get another box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

[HTML][/HTML]
    Box just arrived. 3 items out of stock and 8 items not included (says despatch note 1 of 2) so I'm back to waiting again.

Disappointed with the out of stock stuff given the date of my order but nothing I can do about it. Not confident that I'll get another box.

Did the email telling you your books were on the way not tell you which books were/were not included? I got an email and it appears everything is winging it's way to me. Will be disappointed to receive the package and some are missing.

podge018 wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

Did the email telling you your books were on the way not tell you which books were/were not included? I got an email and it appears everything is winging it's way to me. Will be disappointed to receive the package and some are missing.

I never got a dispatch email, just a tracking one yesterday.

More clarity, though not satisfaction. Emailed them and after first coming back with a copy and paste mail I pushed them for a specific answer. My second package won't be arriving, the courier claims it was lost in transit aka stolen. Omnishambles.

Update: I've just received a tracking email for the second box. This is too convenient. Emailed Monday, received tracking email within 30 minutes. Emailed today about the "lost in transit" package and within 30 minutes received a tracking email. Something dodgy is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

More clarity, though not satisfaction. Emailed them and after first coming back with a copy and paste mail I pushed them for a specific answer. My second package won't be arriving, the courier claims it was lost in transit aka stolen. Omnishambles.

Update: I've just received a tracking email for the second box. This is too convenient. Emailed Monday, received tracking email within 30 minutes. Emailed today about the "lost in transit" package and within 30 minutes received a tracking email. Something dodgy is going on.

In fairness, most delivery company warehouses resemble armageddon at the moment. I had to pick stuff up from DPD in Kildare yesterday and it was crazy. They said I should have seen it last week! There are doing three times Christmas volumes and have over 70 drivers. That up from 23 in Feb!

silver2020 wrote: »
    I had to pick stuff up from DPD in Kildare yesterday

At least you were able to get in touch with DPD to arrange to call to the depot to pick stuff up yourself!!

I'm blue in the face trying to find ways to contact Fastway, and refreshing my email on the off-chance that they've replied to one of the mails I sent, to ask if I can do the same thing.

Am reluctant to just drive to the depot on-spec, because it's about 45 minutes away and also there's no guarantee that the packages would actually be there when I arrived, as they might be out on a van somewhere.

You know, I often heard people complain about Fastway before, and I used to wonder why, in the naive belief that any courier company couldn't be that different from any other. Now I know better. You'd think that having a phone number for people to call, or at least having somebody to monitor and reply to emails, would be the least they could do.

Despite my despatch mail showing all 6 books/collections I ordered being sent out, the package just arrived with only 1 collection contained. 5 others unaccounted for.

The despatch note within, titled “2 of 1” whatever that means, only has the 1 delivered item on it. There’s nothing anywhere about cancelled items or a refund.

What should I be looking for that might let me know if the rest will come separately?

Despite my despatch mail showing all 6 books/collections I ordered being sent out, the package just arrived with only 1 collection contained. 5 others unaccounted for.

The despatch note within, titled “2 of 1” whatever that means, only has the 1 delivered item on it. There’s nothing anywhere about cancelled items or a refund.

What should I be looking for that might let me know if the rest will come separately?

Very standard dispatch note that is very simple to understand.

It either says 1 of 2 or 2 of 2.

Anyone who has ever had 2+ boxes in a delivery would be used to this.

And with couriers as busy as hell, box 2 can easily be delivered on a different day.

• Advertisement

It says ‘Despatch Note 2 of 1’ which isn’t very simple at all really. :confused:

Also, tracking the order says it was only ever 1 piece, weighing 1.5kg, which is about the weight of what I got.

Also, tracking the order says it was only ever 1 piece, weighing 1.5kg, which is about the weight of what I got.

Trackpak will only show single box tracking.

The dispatch email from bookpeople (comes from accounts@thebookpeople.info) will show multiple tracking numbers if there are multiple boxes

Just to point out that despite all my worries with Fastway, as regards how my packages are sitting in the depot but I can't tell where they're going to try deliver to, I never actually got a despatch email from The Book People themselves.

So I still don't know what exactly is trying to make its way to me, out of what I ordered....but tbh, I don't really care, so long as I can get them somewhere and they're not returned to sender.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Trackpak will only show single box tracking.

The dispatch email from bookpeople (comes from accounts@thebookpeople.info) will show multiple tracking numbers if there are multiple boxes

I've had two tracking emails and zero dispatch emails so they're not sticking to this. I've been watching my spam too so it's not that I've missed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

My second parcel arrived today short one book that had been marked as shipped.

Just had a "stock update" email with details of more out of stock items. In total 5/15 items ordered and paid for out of stock.

Was a great bargain (thanks OP) but a total shambles. All the books for some kids will have been delivered and none for others. Kinda wishing I'd never ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Got the dispatch email on 27th may, which said 3 of the 20 items I ordered were out of stock, the refund for that has been processed already.

Three packages arrived this morning, with 9 out of the 20 items out of stock, which is pretty poor considering the previous email.

On another note, was watching the tracking on the fastway site over the last three days. Packages were going from "out for delivery" to "delivered and signed for" and "back in depot" and back again. Opened the front door this morning and the boxes were there. No idea at what point between 6pm and 8am they arrived, but just glad it wasn't raining.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just received a tracking email now (ordered 5th March), no dispatch email or out of stock email, so fingers crossed they will all arrive
    Update: email stating one book cancelled, happy at that as only ordered 20 books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

I've just received a dispatch notice for my order of 6th Mar.
    All books included.

Advertisement