Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Office is too far to be within restrictions, as is Fastway.

There has been someone in the office the odd day, so hopefully they'll be there when it delivers.

I was hoping to ring Fastway as soon as I can see that they have received the package.

For now, all it's saying on Fastway tracking is Label 'PF00000xxxxx' does not have any scans.

Did anyone have this, that actually got updated once Fastway received the package?

Cheers

Yeah my TrackPack said this

Date/Time|Activity|Event Code|Location
    7th May 2020 15:33:11|DEPARTED BOOK PEOPLE|218||
    13th May 2020 22:24:38|TRAKPAK PROCESS CENTRE|198|BASILDON, SS15 6TR, GB
    18th May 2020 18:46:28|ARRIVED IN COUNTRY / NON EU PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS|204|
    19th May 2020 07:59:24|OUT FOR DELIVERY|340|
    19th May 2020 12:15:49|DELIVERED |||

It was only when it arrived in Dublin that the Fastway tracking kicked in and stoped saying no scans.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Yeah my TrackPack said this

Date/Time|Activity|Event Code|Location
    7th May 2020 15:33:11|DEPARTED BOOK PEOPLE|218||
    13th May 2020 22:24:38|TRAKPAK PROCESS CENTRE|198|BASILDON, SS15 6TR, GB
    18th May 2020 18:46:28|ARRIVED IN COUNTRY / NON EU PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS|204|
    19th May 2020 07:59:24|OUT FOR DELIVERY|340|
    19th May 2020 12:15:49|DELIVERED |||

It was only when it arrived in Dublin that the Fastway tracking kicked in and stoped saying no scans.

Thanks. Mine still only has the first line of what yours has. 7th May - though I only got the email on 21st May.

Will just keep an eye on it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ordered on the 3rd and got the email today.
    Only ordered 4 items, collections for the kids but looks like all are on the way.

Keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

My 2nd batch came today. I wish I bought much more now. I didn't think the orders would be fulfilled. If I knew what I know now, I'd probably have spent 300 quid on books and stock them up for gifts in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

I got this message but no money refunded to my Paypal account yet. Thats two weeks ago! Anyone else in the same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Finally got a shipped email. Order March 3rd. Only 1 book cancelled so happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mr squiggles

3rd March here too. Got the shipped email today. 2 items cancelled out of 16. None of the sets I ordered were cancelled though, so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Me too, ordered 3rd March, shipped today with one book cancelled. Exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Ordered 4th March so expecting a mail soooooooooooooon.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

update: 4 packages have arrived in Ireland.

From Trakpak

27th May 2020 10:18:19 ARRIVED IN COUNTRY / NON EU PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS 204
    22nd May 2020 23:29:36 TRAKPAK PROCESS CENTRE 198 BASILDON, SS15 6TR, GB
    7th May 2020 14:57:03 DEPARTED BOOK PEOPLE

From Fastway

We've received your parcel in our central distribution hub. It will be with you in 1-2 working days, depending on the delivery service timeframe you requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Anyone else who ordered 3rd still waiting... ��

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Finally got email after ordering on the 3rd March 3 books and I set cancelled, 5 books and 1 set being sent small bit annoyed with that but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

craggy2 wrote: »

Yep, and I'd say there's a few of us

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

It seems most people getting dispatch emails lately have items cancelled. I reckon they made a balls of stock. Fully expecting some cancelled items.... If I get any at all

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ordered on the 17th march, still sitting patiently here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

My first order on 3rd March finally shipped today - second order from 5th March arrived last week. Two things cancelled from current order, can't complain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

craggy2 wrote: »

Meeeeeeee! So frustrating, especially given someone posted on here who ordered on the 10th and their books were shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

Caranica wrote: »
    Meeeeeeee! So frustrating, especially given someone posted on here who ordered on the 10th and their books were shipped.
    same here - ordered the 3rd march and still no sight of my order... just hoping it is processed soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

I ordered 3rd march as well, just received a mail to say 17 out of 20 items have shipped, so hang in there.

They gave me three tracking links so I assume that means three packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

2 orders 3rd and 5th totalling 200 euro.. not a dicky bird yet on either... and I called them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

I just got the email (I ordered on March 4th). They only cancelled a collection of 3 books, the rest has been despatched.

Don't give up guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I'm actually more and more giving up hope, not on the grounds that they'll never send stuff out, but because my workplace (which I put as delivery address) is now only open two mornings a week, so chances are there'll be nobody there to deliver it.

Driving there to wait outside when the "out for delivery" mail arrives is not really an option. Can't sit for potentially hours outside the building, when I'm supposed to be working from home all along. Can't even bring the laptop with me and hook it up to my mobile phone for connectivity, because the battery on it is banjaxed.

Also, there have been times in the past when I've actually received a delivery a day before I even got the "out for delivery" mail.

Starting to wonder now how long it'll be before I get a refund after items are returned to sender, rather than wonder about how long it'll be before they're sent out in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Arrived today, 3rd March order date. I was beginning to lose hope but got there in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I'm actually more and more giving up hope, not on the grounds that they'll never send stuff out, but because my workplace (which I put as delivery address) is now only open two mornings a week, so chances are there'll be nobody there to deliver it.

Driving there to wait outside when the "out for delivery" mail arrives is not really an option. Can't sit for potentially hours outside the building, when I'm supposed to be working from home all along. Can't even bring the laptop with me and hook it up to my mobile phone for connectivity, because the battery on it is banjaxed.

Also, there have been times in the past when I've actually received a delivery a day before I even got the "out for delivery" mail.

Starting to wonder now how long it'll be before I get a refund after items are returned to sender, rather than wonder about how long it'll be before they're sent out in the first place!

Did you give a phone number when ordering? Mine came with fastway last Saturday and the driver rang 30 minutes before he arrived as he was unsure of where our house was. Once it shows on the Fastway system give them a call and I'm sure the driver will be accommodating.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Did you give a phone number when ordering? Mine came with fastway last Saturday and the driver rang 30 minutes before he arrived as he was unsure of where our house was. Once it shows on the Fastway system give them a call and I'm sure the driver will be accommodating.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure it will apply in my case, though. Workplace is quite a large building that no courier in the area will have any problem finding. Am going to try get in touch with the courier company (looks like it'll be Fastway, based on whatever everybody else is saying) when the "out for delivery" mail arrives all right, but am getting used to the idea too that I might just be out of luck in all the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure it will apply in my case, though. Workplace is quite a large building that no courier in the area will have any problem finding. Am going to try get in touch with the courier company (looks like it'll be Fastway, based on whatever everybody else is saying) when the "out for delivery" mail arrives all right, but am getting used to the idea too that I might just be out of luck in all the circumstances.

It will be fastway and you will get the fastway tracking number before it shows.

Send email to them with tracking number and "Change address" in the subject line and that may be the best option.

They should be able to make the change on their system.

If no response, follow it up the minute you get the confirmation it has arrived in fastway (I got email today to say that they had it)

Thanks Darc. Will do all that all right.

Still mindful of how I got packages delivered to work in the past before I even got an "out for delivery" notice, but that might not have been Fastway. Honestly can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I've sent Fastway a note to change my address (via their contact us button on their website). I've got automated email confirmation that they'll look at my request and respond with 24 hours...

Will let you know how that goes....

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

Happy to report that I received the shipping notification this morning, only 1 book cancelled/unavailable. I placed the order March 3rd.
    Looking forward to taking delivery of a nice stash of new books!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Mine has reached the Fastway Hub exactly 1 week after I got the dispatched email.

Do Fastway deliver on Saturdays or will it be after the BH weekend d'ya reckon?

Advertisement