Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What MPG are you getting from your vehicle?

• 01-03-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

What mpg are you getting ? This was a 3 hour drive this morning 90% motorway . It's a 04 Toyota Corolla 1.4 d4d I bought about 2 weeks ago as a run around. And so far its the best thing on juice I owned in the past 12 years :D

[IMG][/img]20200301-120415.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I can do the same in a AWD petrol :D (Suzuki Ignis)

500988.JPG

To be fair though, over a full tank I average between 5.2 - 5.4 l

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I get about 360km to a tank in the Scooby, and it doesn't bother me one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Nice peasant, I know the feeling midnight used have a dc2 it' was some guzzler. Partners 08 1.5 petrol lancer is an animal on juice too it just drinks it :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

pudzey101 wrote: »
    I know the feeling midnight used have a dc2 it' was some guzzler.
    Hold me beer... :D

504315.jpg

Honda Integra. Just over 50 Mpg in old money. To be fair that's motorway mileage, it gets about 35 Mpg overall mixed urban/rural.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Hold me beer... :D

504315.jpg

Honda Integra. Just over 50 Mpg in old money. To be fair that's motorway mileage, it gets about 35 Mpg overall mixed urban/rural.

Not bad for an integra. As I said I had a dc2 years ago , youd need the texaco garage behind u it was thirsty :) fun though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What mpg are you getting ? This was a 3 hour drive this morning 90% motorway . It's a 04 Toyota Corolla 1.4 d4d I bought about 2 weeks ago as a run around. And so far its the best thing on juice I owned in the past 12 years :D

[IMG][/img]20200301-120415.jpg

AHH the old Toyota stupidly optimistic display strikes again...

Not bad for an integra. As I said I had a dc2 years ago , youd need the texaco garage behind u it was thirsty :) fun though :D

Jaysus my DC2 used to do about 500km to the tank with mixed driving.

Jaysus my DC2 used to do about 500km to the tank with mixed driving.

I had a heavy right foot and loved my vtec. So that would explain my situation with it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

LL9UKFr.jpg
    saxh0nZ.jpg
    UAnssqI.jpg
    Last tank was 34mpg. Probably it's best. Worst was about 9mpg equalled about 80km from the tank :0

What make of car ? ^^^

• Advertisement

What make of car ? ^^^

FK8 Type R I think

FK8 Type R I think

That 9 mpg journey must have been fun though ehhh:eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 industry accountant

I've gotten 1,000 miles to a tank out of my 99 b5 a4 1.9tdi a couple of times, driving like an absolute granny just to see could I do it.

62 litre tank in it, filled to the brim. Roughly 72.5mpg.

This was another time I got 967 miles to a tank
    [IMG][/img]Screenshot-20200301-153308-Fuelio.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭ Alejandra Billions Greens

My record is 55mpg across an entire tank (700 miles from 57 litre tank). Driving a 2.0 diesel 3 series. I reckon I could get 60+ if I slowed down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

CoBo55 wrote: »
    AHH the old Toyota stupidly optimistic display strikes again...

The only proper way to find out is between fills and not the computer. I got 56 mph from a 1 litre Yaris petrol mostly motorway, that was checked after refilling.

Nice lads keep it up , interesting to know everyone mpg and what their getting from their vehicles :)

I know I'm getting old when I'm worrying about mpg over speed and fun. But I suppose thats what my k3 1000 is for lol

Also I reset the mpg clock before I started my journey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Fiesta ST 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've gotten 1,000 miles to a tank out of my 99 b5 a4 1.9tdi a couple of times, driving like an absolute granny just to see could I do it.

62 litre tank in it, filled to the brim. Roughly 72.5mpg.

This was another time I got 967 miles to a tank
    [IMG][/img]Screenshot-20200301-153308-Fuelio.jpg

What is that app? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Low 40's with a mixture of city driving and some spirited motorway driving.

Get mid 50's for sensible motorway driving.

20yo Xsara 2.0HDI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Fann Linn wrote: »

Looks like Fuelio?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

What make of car ? ^^^

Other poster is correct FK8 Civic Type R.

9mpg was a track day morning 😂 can very easily get into the teens on the roads though. Current tank is over 12L/100km

Fann Linn wrote: »

It's called Fuelio, I'm android, not sure if there is an Apple version. Can track maintenance costs too but I just use it for fuel. I do 1,000 miles per week and have been using the app for a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

6l/100km

Why are people using mpg? We're a metric country.
    The last bits of automotive imperialism were abolished in 2005 and some simpletons are still holding onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Crock Rock wrote: »
    The last bits of automotive imperialism were abolished in 2005 and some simpletons are still holding onto them.

Wow. Nice.

6l/100km

Why are people using mpg? We're a metric country.

I'm 37 years old, I grew up using mpg and I prefer it. I could probably calculate either version in my head while you were still trying to work it out on a calculator :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

I'm 37 years old, I grew up using mpg and I prefer it. I could probably calculate either version in my head while you were still trying to work it out on a calculator :)

I'm almost 29.

l/100km is more logical.

I'm almost 29.

l/100km is more logical.

You have little to be worrying about if someone elses method of measuring their fuel consumption bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm almost 29.

l/100km is more logical.

Of course, we are driving in Km and Km/h and buying fuel in litres.

People on the road longer than 11 or 12 years still use mpg as a yard(0.914m)stick of fuel economy. Doesn’t make them simpletons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Wow. Nice.
    Don't feed it C. ;)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement