Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

What MPG are you getting from your vehicle?

• 01-03-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭ pudzey101

What mpg are you getting ? This was a 3 hour drive this morning 90% motorway . It's a 04 Toyota Corolla 1.4 d4d I bought about 2 weeks ago as a run around. And so far its the best thing on juice I owned in the past 12 years :D

[IMG][/img]20200301-120415.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭ peasant

I can do the same in a AWD petrol :D (Suzuki Ignis)

500988.JPG

To be fair though, over a full tank I average between 5.2 - 5.4 l

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭ Midnight_EG

I get about 360km to a tank in the Scooby, and it doesn't bother me one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭ pudzey101

Nice peasant, I know the feeling midnight used have a dc2 it' was some guzzler. Partners 08 1.5 petrol lancer is an animal on juice too it just drinks it :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 58,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Wibbs

pudzey101 wrote: »
    I know the feeling midnight used have a dc2 it' was some guzzler.
    Hold me beer... :D

504315.jpg

Honda Integra. Just over 50 Mpg in old money. To be fair that's motorway mileage, it gets about 35 Mpg overall mixed urban/rural.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Hold me beer... :D

504315.jpg

Honda Integra. Just over 50 Mpg in old money. To be fair that's motorway mileage, it gets about 35 Mpg overall mixed urban/rural.

Not bad for an integra. As I said I had a dc2 years ago , youd need the texaco garage behind u it was thirsty :) fun though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭ CoBo55

What mpg are you getting ? This was a 3 hour drive this morning 90% motorway . It's a 04 Toyota Corolla 1.4 d4d I bought about 2 weeks ago as a run around. And so far its the best thing on juice I owned in the past 12 years :D

[IMG][/img]20200301-120415.jpg

AHH the old Toyota stupidly optimistic display strikes again...

Not bad for an integra. As I said I had a dc2 years ago , youd need the texaco garage behind u it was thirsty :) fun though :D

Jaysus my DC2 used to do about 500km to the tank with mixed driving.

Jaysus my DC2 used to do about 500km to the tank with mixed driving.

I had a heavy right foot and loved my vtec. So that would explain my situation with it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ Parapara2017

LL9UKFr.jpg
    saxh0nZ.jpg
    UAnssqI.jpg
    Last tank was 34mpg. Probably it's best. Worst was about 9mpg equalled about 80km from the tank :0

What make of car ? ^^^

• Advertisement

What make of car ? ^^^

FK8 Type R I think

FK8 Type R I think

That 9 mpg journey must have been fun though ehhh:eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 industry accountant

I've gotten 1,000 miles to a tank out of my 99 b5 a4 1.9tdi a couple of times, driving like an absolute granny just to see could I do it.

62 litre tank in it, filled to the brim. Roughly 72.5mpg.

This was another time I got 967 miles to a tank
    [IMG][/img]Screenshot-20200301-153308-Fuelio.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭ Alejandra Billions Greens

My record is 55mpg across an entire tank (700 miles from 57 litre tank). Driving a 2.0 diesel 3 series. I reckon I could get 60+ if I slowed down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭ Dakota Dan

CoBo55 wrote: »
    AHH the old Toyota stupidly optimistic display strikes again...

The only proper way to find out is between fills and not the computer. I got 56 mph from a 1 litre Yaris petrol mostly motorway, that was checked after refilling.

Nice lads keep it up , interesting to know everyone mpg and what their getting from their vehicles :)

I know I'm getting old when I'm worrying about mpg over speed and fun. But I suppose thats what my k3 1000 is for lol

Also I reset the mpg clock before I started my journey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ PCeeeee

Fiesta ST 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭ Fann Linn

I've gotten 1,000 miles to a tank out of my 99 b5 a4 1.9tdi a couple of times, driving like an absolute granny just to see could I do it.

62 litre tank in it, filled to the brim. Roughly 72.5mpg.

This was another time I got 967 miles to a tank
    [IMG][/img]Screenshot-20200301-153308-Fuelio.jpg

What is that app? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭ funkey_monkey

Low 40's with a mixture of city driving and some spirited motorway driving.

Get mid 50's for sensible motorway driving.

20yo Xsara 2.0HDI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ PCeeeee

Fann Linn wrote: »

Looks like Fuelio?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ Parapara2017

What make of car ? ^^^

Other poster is correct FK8 Civic Type R.

9mpg was a track day morning 😂 can very easily get into the teens on the roads though. Current tank is over 12L/100km

Fann Linn wrote: »

It's called Fuelio, I'm android, not sure if there is an Apple version. Can track maintenance costs too but I just use it for fuel. I do 1,000 miles per week and have been using the app for a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ Crock Rock

6l/100km

Why are people using mpg? We're a metric country.
    The last bits of automotive imperialism were abolished in 2005 and some simpletons are still holding onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,623 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm

Crock Rock wrote: »
    The last bits of automotive imperialism were abolished in 2005 and some simpletons are still holding onto them.

Wow. Nice.

6l/100km

Why are people using mpg? We're a metric country.

I'm 37 years old, I grew up using mpg and I prefer it. I could probably calculate either version in my head while you were still trying to work it out on a calculator :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ Crock Rock

I'm 37 years old, I grew up using mpg and I prefer it. I could probably calculate either version in my head while you were still trying to work it out on a calculator :)

I'm almost 29.

l/100km is more logical.

I'm almost 29.

l/100km is more logical.

You have little to be worrying about if someone elses method of measuring their fuel consumption bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,623 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm

I'm almost 29.

l/100km is more logical.

Of course, we are driving in Km and Km/h and buying fuel in litres.

People on the road longer than 11 or 12 years still use mpg as a yard(0.914m)stick of fuel economy. Doesn’t make them simpletons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 58,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Wibbs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Wow. Nice.
    Don't feed it C. ;)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement