Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,947 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Louth with 15 men inside their 45 when Dublin gain possession to attack. Not their own half their own 45. Dublin finishing has been woeful though. Including that goal chance…. Left 5/6 straightforward scores behind them…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭MFPM

Louth have been so disciplined, playing with loads of men back. Dublin haven't been able to build a lead to get them to change.

Finally a goal for Dublin, can they push on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭MFPM

Louth deserved that goal for their play. What was Fitzsimons at there? Dublin have been pretty terrible today, Fenton the only one of them up for the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Louth were well set up and were not going to get beaten like last year .We just never got up to it and played like we believed we would win handy no matter .I was a bit disappointed they were able to defend so well against us ,it took a bad play from the keeper to get the bit of a gap that we needed.Mick Fitz was turned very easy and that a disappointment. A team has to turn up and play in every game ,it should be a bit if a warning today that it applies to us as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,374 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Also Louth stayed in a really wide set up in attack. Right to the touch lines. When they broke forwards caused chaos. Used their keeper as sweeper aggressively as well. Ironically caused the Dublin goal. But Louth were brave. They had a go without being silly about it. Looked very good tactically.Seriously impressed with Louth. I think Ger passed the audition!?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭corny

Yeah i'd be quicker to praise Louth than I would criticise Dublin. It was a good game. Not a great spectacle of course but a decent standard.

McCarthy moved well in the second half. Good to see. He had been unconvincing thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Whats the story with the tickets for the Roscommon game are they going on sale by themselves? All there is ATM is the group package.

Link for the game is up on Ticketmaster just hasn't said when on sale yet FFS.

Good group these under 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Great performance all round. Led from start to finish. Good to see a Dublin hurling team so clinical and hungry for goals. That's a comprehensive nine point win v Galway we'll take that any day.

Watched a bit of Offaly beating Kilkenny. Young Screeney is some player and it sets up a what should be a belter of a final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Impressive win from the U-20 hurlers. That's quite a trimming to give to Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Gael85

David Purcell is a fine hurlers. Good to see us score 4 goals. Dublin team at intercounty hurling usually struggle to score goals.

It could have 7 or 8 goals too.

Should be a good final against Offaly.

O'Dulaing's lift and strike on the turn late on was a thing of beauty btw.

Post edited by corny on

Galway were missing Niland who scored 2-8 against us in group match. And a couple other players. They hammered us that day by 16 points so although they were weakened it's still some 25 point turnaround.

Offaly pipped us by a point in group game in Parnell so very little between the sides.

I presume it's a neutral venue for final possibly O Moore Park where we played last night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Speaking of hurlers, the senior team are doing ok. I said during the league that if you want to be taken seriously, you have to put big numbers on teams like Antrim, and that's exactly what they did the last day. Kinda astonished that they're on top after three games, albeit with the two toughest games to come, but there won't be another opportunity coming along like this so easy.

Kilkenny will be buzzing for it though, trying to make up for a somewhat shocking start to their season.

Seniors doing well. I thought third place would be the best they cpuld do and i exoected them to do that but with a woylunded Kilkenny in Parnell on Saturday and Galway not firing on all cylinders away in Salthill there is an outside chance we could make a Leinster final. Still think a Kilkenny v Galway final is the most likely outcome but we're in with a chance. Saturday's game will be interesting.

Just a heads up tickets are online now for the Roscommon match but they don't appear when you go into the Ticketmaster app. Good thing I've been checking everything all week. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jack747

If anyone is selling or not using 1 spare ticket for the Kilkenny Dublin In Parnell park tomorrow. Ideally looking for 1 stand ticket as its sold out on Ticketmaster. Send me a PM if anyone has anything, thanks.

Hopeful but not expectant for tomorrow. We'll have to stay in it and get the crowd the going.

It's depressing when they make a good start and the crowd goes quiet putting no pressure on the referee. I want rabid, foaming at the mouth stuff on the terraces. We're the only county in Ireland that has civilised hurling fans. We've no problem attracting the animals to watch the football but do you think we can find any to watch hurling!

I never thought of that before, but yeah you are correct. The hurling crowd. It's a "nice" crowd. Definitely not the same as the football.

I remember a Parnell game a good few years ago now KK v Dublin, lovely day sell out. And Dublin ran KK close, but as usual Kilkenny did Kilkenny stuff and pipped Dublin at the end. Think it was Walter Walsh who caused the damge. I said loudly 'Ah jayus, I should have known better".

And all the Dub fans and KK fans around laughing. Worst part was the KK fans shaking my hand saying "We didn't deserve that".

I want Dublin to rattle into Kilkenny, just go at it. Don't let them settle at all. And no silly errors. Then might have a chance.

I see it is only on the GAAGO surprised it is not televised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Rushed around the place to get work finished this morning. Get breakfast sorted and whatnot.
    Dropped the van back to work. Legging it to the bus stop in Swords to get the 13:10 bus to Parnel Park the home of Dublin Gaa.
    Just made sure i had the ticket on my phone before hopping on the bus.
    Noticed the time.
    Absolutely no idea how I convinced myself the match was on at 3pm.

At least you are early! There was a family the last day caught out with the Dublin v Louth throw in at 1:45. They assumed the ladies final was on then. Explained to me how they had to tear out the door last minute.

I remember one hurling match in Parnell, I was that geared up for it. I turned up a day early. Had the day wrong. Was wondering why parking was so handy.

Into Craobh Chiaran bar for a few pre match refreshments?

Good battling. type stuff so far. Dublin only a point down HT. Dublin had more chances v KK but made the wrong choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,890 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Cracking game but as usual the ref deciding when and when not to apply the rules.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Nonsense non-call there. He's blown us up a few times for steps and then let's a lad take about 10 for the goal there.

Usual hard luck story for Dub hurlers. Possible steps on KK goal.

15 minutes to go a second goal and leading 2-20 v 0-23. 'Come on ye boys in blue' ringing out from the stands. Parnell Park rocking. Chance to win only a second championship game in 90 years against the cats. Look like have the legs and hunger for a famous win. 15 minutes later walking off the field dejected feeling i've seen the ending to this movie too many times. D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Disappointed not to get anything out of that game, but that was some performance none the less. Could have got a few more scores ourselves, which is probably the most disappointing part, we could have removed the ref from the game.

Kilkenny though, they don't look like they're going anywhere this year. No where near the big teams in terms of performance.

Advertisement