Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Air coach have suspended routes from Dublin city centre to the airport so getting the coach is not an option. Maybe just dublin bus

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭nickkinneg

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Air coach have suspended routes from Dublin city centre to the airport so getting the coach is not an option. Maybe just dublin bus

And so it begins...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

If you live outside Dublin you can still get a number of private bus operators that go to Dublin Airport and Bus Eireann included.

Maybe that will change as the great travel purge rolls on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

MarkY91 wrote: »

Yea time to park up the Busses again:
    Due to the sustained Irish Government announcement of Level 5 Restrictions unfortunately we must continue to suspend the 700-Dublin City Service until the 31st January 2021, and the 705X-Belfast Service until the 6th February 2021, or until the restrictions change.
    We will continue to operate the 704X Cork service at the reduced capacity of 12 seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    You’d have to question anyone who believes that rumour.

You’d be questioning the sanity of anybody who believed any rumour (Kite flying) over The past year so. We live in a world that if described one year ago you’d have laughed in the face of the person telling you.......yet here we are.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

The city link / eir eagle bus from limerick to Dublin airport also suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭nickkinneg

The city link / eir eagle bus from limerick to Dublin airport also suspended.

Guess it makes sense in a way - not economically viable for the bus companies or restrictions making it unfeasible to operate?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just heard Eamonn Ryan saying on the news " we may need to look at restricting issue of tourist visas".

We are still granting tourist visas?
    Seriously?

I think it's time for us to basically say to people "sorry but you are not welcome, not while we have such high numbers ".

Harsh but needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭HBC08

It's absolutely frightening that somebody like Eamonn Ryan has got so far in politics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I bet the Greens are absolutely creaming themselves at the thoughts going thru their leaders head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

https://www.independent.ie/news/passengers-arriving-in-ireland-without-negative-covid-test-to-be-held-in-quarantine-for-up-to-two-weeks-40010504.html

All visas from Brazil cancelled and mandatory imprisonment for Brazilians and South Africans in quarantine camps at your own expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

NIMAN wrote: »
    Just heard Eamonn Ryan saying on the news " we may need to look at restricting issue of tourist visas".

We are still granting tourist visas?
    Seriously?

I think it's time for us to basically say to people "sorry but you are not welcome, not while we have such high numbers ".

Harsh but needs to be done.

He also seemed to be on about people returning into Airports been fined if their trip wasn’t essential ??

So you could have a test going and coming home and a fine going and coming home .
    Going to be a pretty expensive business going on a holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN29U277

long night in Leinster house,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Dublincoach, JJ kavanagh still going to Dublin airport, at the moment anyway.

gally74 wrote: »
    https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN29U277

long night in Leinster house,,,,,,
    You have already mentioned that before in this thread.

Dublincoach, JJ kavanagh still going to Dublin airport, at the moment anyway.
    Wexford Bus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Wexford Bus too.

Dublin Coach still operating from Killarney and Tralee

I don't understand the new logic now of fining people coming back into the country.

If you are allowing them to leave without issue, how can you hit them with fines for returning?

Surely it would just make more sense to stop people leaving in the 1st place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

theguzman wrote: »
    I will be going to Dublin Airport next month to collect an incoming passenger, and I must stress we have an inalienable right to travel so these jobsworth Guards can go to hell as far as I am concerned.

By collecting her I am providing the safest all round alternative especially as she will be arriving from an area with a new variant highly-infectious outbreak. This all merely deflection by the Govt to divert attention from the absolute mess they made of everything from the start,

Jobsworth Guard.... Some young lad out doing his job on orders.

I don't envy the ****e they have to put up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jobsworth Guard.... Some young lad out doing his job on orders.

I don't envy the ****e they have to put up with.

They lost me at "inalienable right"

theguzman wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/news/passengers-arriving-in-ireland-without-negative-covid-test-to-be-held-in-quarantine-for-up-to-two-weeks-40010504.html

All visas from Brazil cancelled and mandatory imprisonment for Brazilians and South Africans in quarantine camps at your own expense.

As usual it's always a little too late.

Did I hear some figure on the radio the other day for the number of Brazilians who have returned to Ireland over the Xmas and new year ?

All allowed back in without any pre-tests or quarantining. Damage done.

Where has it been suggested that people returning be fined?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I don't understand the new logic now of fining people coming back into the country.

If you are allowing them to leave without issue, how can you hit them with fines for returning?

Completely agree.

They let the buses run as normal to and from the airport, don't check the buses whatsoever, then complain that people are travelling abroad :pac: then fine them, for doing something they're technically allowed to do , since they haven't banned it :pac:

Berlin 1961 called.

Berlin 1961 called.

Well you either stop unnecessary travel or you don't.
    I don't see it logic of letting folk jet off to the canaries and then fine them as they come back.

NZ stopped all flights in and out and got praise for it. Now look at them. No-one compare them to Berlin 1961.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I'm coming round to the idea of a UK /Ireland Covid free area if the option is on the table.

Seeing life go on as normal in OZ/NZ is worth knuckling down for until we get this **** under control.

Blackpool for summer 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

fkcu off travel ban clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

I'm coming round to the idea of a UK /Ireland Covid free area if the option is on the table.

Seeing life go on as normal in OZ/NZ is worth knuckling down for until we get this **** under control.

Blackpool for summer 2021.

Try 2023!

Oz and NZ got to Covid zero by stamping it out and acting quickly- a HARD lockdown. UK and Irish levels are so high to get to zero Covid Would take a long, long time.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

you are still wrong and your "Australian buddy" isnt a more reliable source than the Australian government nor do we know what he actually told you.

Australians can fly to Australia and to avoid this continuing more than need be, the 2000 per month doesnt include arrival from green listed nations or people that are travelling as part of their exempted employment.

I would also wonder how many Australians are actually attempting to enter Australia under the right to return that I mentioned anyway. this is going on since March. People that needed to get home to where they live, got home.

You said Australia was basically banning Australians from entering Australia, thats not true. Its not true either officially or in practice. OK? Can we move on now?

Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong

That’s nonsense as usual, the only country you can fly into without quarantine is on a green flight from NZ. And even then it’s state dependent WA will still require green flight arrivals to quarantine.

If you fly in on a red flight from NZ everyone quarantines.

If you work for the government you could have got an exemption to Quarantine at home, if you are travelling for a essential business that is connected to the government you could also quarantine at home...these numbers were very small and this exemption is currently under review.

People like Matt Damon could get exemption to quarantine in large rented house provided that security was provided (at a cost) that monitored there was no breeches.

There’s currently a limit to 1505 arrivals per week until 15th Feb, previously it was 6500 per week.

There’s currently a 37,000 Australian citizens and residents waiting to return.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement