Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do FG/FF stop SF at the next election?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just passing on the impartial views from a journalist.

Where would you find such a thing? Everyone has an agenda: journalists, you & I.

At least in my case and probably yours, we're not being paid by someone to express them as in the case of most journalists.. So I wouldn't be taking anything you see, read or hear as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

hurler32 wrote: »
    The new FG-FF government should change the entitlement to vote .
    Only homeowners would be allowed vote , this would eliminate a lot of the Sinn Fein votes in Dublin plus if you own 5 or 6 houses you should get a vote for each property you own. Many multiple property owners would be from the Fine Gael base so this would ensure Fine Gael get a lot more seats in Dublin with the new voter register .
    Rural Ireland be more difficult to implement as many Sinn Fein voters own their houses , perhaps a minimum household income of 80k before house owners are entitled to vote would get round this .
    This approach worked in South Africa for many years and I’m sure Charlie Flanagan would have no issue implementing it and RTÉ and Sunday Independent will explain to the masses how they think it’s a great concept they fully endorse .

Nah, we're smarter than that. The real answer is to let all of the peasents vote and think they're making a difference, while in fact a permanent unelected technocracy (civil service) are the ones with the power. As well as a pesky constitution which guarantees the right to private property and prevents a rent freeze. Oh well, the commie revolution will have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,490 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sunday Times poll confirming previous poll:
    SF 35%
    FF 20%
    FG 18%

That's another election out of the equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Sunday Times poll confirming previous poll:
    SF 35%
    FF 20%
    FG 18%

That's another election out of the equation.

I find this strange, who do they get to do these polls?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Shefwedfan wrote: »

What's strange?

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    What's strange?

Well who are the people who actually vote? Do they get them on the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You can ignore it, but you can bet FF/FG won't.

You can ignore it, but you can bet FF/FG won't.

I’m not ignoring it, I’m asking where they get the voters for poll?

The poll could be 100% SF by the way and it will still make f**k all difference as they have no interest in forming a government

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭J_1980

FFG only need to be in power 2 more years. That gives the international finance/mnc enough time to prepare for a left government.

This election came as a massive surprise. Its the surpirse element that hurts, not a left win government. What did Hollande achieve in France? What did syriza achieve in Greece?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

It would be hard to stop a political movement like SF whos core vote comes form fanatics.

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It would be hard to stop a political movement like SF whos core vote comes form fanatics.

So no different to FF and FG with their core vote.

What is 'strange' about it?

This is the second poll that has shown these percentages.

What is 'strange' about it?

This is the second poll that has shown these percentages.

Again who are they asking? What is age grad? Is it just people in Dublin?

Again who are they asking? What is age grad? Is it just people in Dublin?

All of them poll a representative sample of the electorate.
    The poll surveyed more than 900 voters over nine days up to last Tuesday. It has a margin of error of 3.3%.

While all polls need to be treated with caution it is worth noting that B&A polls got SF's support wrong before the election, it was 5% and 7% ahead of where they put it.

All of them poll a representative sample of the electorate.

While all polls need to be treated with caution it is worth noting that B&A polls got SF's support wrong before the election, it was 5% and 7% ahead of where they put it.

It wasnt wrong before the election

Just people decided to do a protest vote and SF got those people, even based on posts here the majority of the “new” SF vote haven’t a f**king clue what is in the manifesto SF released.....

It wasnt wrong before the election

Just people decided to do a protest vote and SF got those people, even based on posts here the majority of the “new” SF vote haven’t a f**king clue what is in the manifesto SF released.....

Well Regina Doherty wasn't talking nonsense when she said 'nobody reads manifesto's'.
    The reality is most people vote on the basis of who they think will deliver for them. Why?
    Because year on year of the existence of the state FF and FF have made a mockery of 'manifesto's'. They have turned them into glossy sales brochures to be thrown away as soon as the election is over.

Well Regina Doherty wasn't talking nonsense when she said 'nobody reads manifesto's'.
    The reality is most people vote on the basis of who they think will deliver for them. Why?
    Because year on year of the existence of the state FF and FF have made a mockery of 'manifesto's'. They have turned them into glossy sales brochures to be thrown away as soon as the election is over.

Bulls**t....

People vote based on what is in the manifesto or should, are you telling me that if FG came out last time and said they would stick 100 quid extra on the dole a huge percentage of SF core voter would vote FG in

This time people just voted SF to get back at other parties, people like the charity thief got in because nobody knew who she was, what’s she stood for or anything. scum voted in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

3) Continue to paint SF as the danger they are. The SF connections with the Provos & vigilantes must be restated over and over again. I know plenty of millennials who are ignorant of SF and what they are. They don't understand the connection between SF and Garda killings. We need a public education program on the topic now that the troubles are no longer dominating the news.

Jaysus so much irrational fear here. I am no fan of SF and I lived through the Troubles but I have nowhere near the fear you have. I mean if a SF led government went completely off the rails, we can always collapse it and re-elect a new government. That's democracy and SF cant change that.

I think you have FFG Stockholm Syndrome.

Bulls**t....

People vote based on what is in the manifesto or should, are you telling me that if FG came out last time and said they would stick 100 quid extra on the dole a huge percentage of SF core voter would vote FG in

This time people just voted SF to get back at other parties, people like the charity thief got in because nobody knew who she was, what’s she stood for or anything. scum voted in.

The sooner you get over your anger here the better.

People 'got in' in this election who have questions to answer and things to put right, the TD in Clare, The Ceann Comhairle and Heather Humphrey's immediately spring to mind. That will sort itself no doubt.

What you need to do is face the reality here, 35% of the electorate are saying clearly that you need to deal with the here and now - not the past. The scare story's and lies need to stop if you wish to prevent more of a slide to SF.

The sooner you get over your anger here the better.

People 'got in' in this election who have questions to answer and things to put right, the TD in Clare, The Ceann Comhairle and Heather Humphrey's immediately spring to mind. That will sort itself no doubt.

What you need to do is face the reality here, 35% of the electorate are saying clearly that you need to deal with the here and now - not the past. The scare story's and lies need to stop if you wish to prevent more of a slide to SF.

How am I angry?

What are you talking about? 24% of the electorate voted SF, it’s an opinion poll not an election.....

I keep saying I want SF in because it will stop all this propaganda crap once people see how terrible they are, I don’t think they will because they don’t want to go into government

• Advertisement

How am I angry?

What are you talking about? 24% of the electorate voted SF, it’s an opinion poll not an election.....

I keep saying I want SF in because it will stop all this propaganda crap once people see how terrible they are, I don’t think they will because they don’t want to go into government

Breathe deeply Shewed, breathe...get SF out of your head, you are letting them live there and as long as they are living there the longer it will be before you start advocating for the change that is required in FF and FG's behaviour to stop SF getting the keys to your head space permanently.

Breathe deeply Shewed, breathe...get SF out of your head, you are letting them live there and as long as they are living there the longer it will be before you start advocating for the change that is required in FF and FG's behaviour to stop SF getting the keys to your head space permanently.

What are you talking about?

Your anger. It seems to be pretty all encompassing. And obvious across a few threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cranberries.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Cranberries.

Zombie?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Zombie?

Yep.

It's when SF are living rent free in your head.
    In your head
    In your head
    In your heeee-ea-ad....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

How am I angry?

You really should read your own posts. You're very angry. Only you can answer how/why.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

You want to see his posts in other threads this morning.

People like this should not read polls as it is not good for their health if it does not go their way.

Like the shares advice,polls may go up or down and sure maybe it was SF that done them as he seems to suggest.

Hope this can be of some help to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

This is exactly why the two main parties are on the ropes and running scared.

If you didn’t vote for them, you’re a fanatic.

Fvckin hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

And FF/FG voters who are voting on the basis of civil war politics are reasoned and informed?

Advertisement